View Poll Results: Will be still honesty be a Democracy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Anything goes. Let them eat cake.

1 5.56%
  • No. Act like a 3rd world thugocracy and you are one.

17 94.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread: Slaughter Rule

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Slaughter Rule

For those awake and paying attention to the machinations of the Obama/Pelosi/Reid cabal.

If the House slides the government "Healthcare" bill (Senate bill) thru using the proposed "Slaughter rule", can the US still proudly proclaim ourselves to be a Democratic nation?

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    For those awake and paying attention to the machinations of the Obama/Pelosi/Reid cabal.

If the House slides the government "Healthcare" bill (Senate bill) thru using the proposed "Slaughter rule", can the US still proudly proclaim ourselves to be a Democratic nation?
    Typical liberal dirty tricks.

Their agenda is so anti-american that they must resort to these sort of tactics to bypass our democratic process.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Banned

This is bill is a piece of garbage. I should not be forced to buy anything. It takes away my freedom to chose. We can only hope that enough of the idiots wake up and vote no.

Forum Member

I agree with all of you and the other now upto 80% of Americans (who pay taxes) that this is truly S$#T.

But do not blame this on Democrats. This has been done by Reps in the past as well. Please do some research on where this originiated and I beleive you will fine it was Reps who created it.

Forum Member

Cue SCfire to come on here and accuse the republicans of having used the same rule......Only problem is, (of course the Dems wont tell you) is that the Republicans have actually used it for what it was intended for.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Cue SCfire to come on here and accuse the republicans of having used the same rule......Only problem is, (of course the Dems wont tell you) is that the Republicans have actually used it for what it was intended for.
    Which is???
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Pelosi and Obama are both too stupid to see that people don't like this idea and yet they seem hellbent on forcing it on us.
    When they are out of office,I bet THEY don't have to buy into that health care plan like the rest of us will if it's passed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Pelosi and Obama are both too stupid to see that people don't like this idea and yet they seem hellbent on forcing it on us.
    When they are out of office,I bet THEY don't have to buy into that health care plan like the rest of us will if it's passed.
    Borrowing a page from the Bush Administration that showed the majority of people opposed to the Iraq War, Obama and Pelosi are showing "courageous leadership."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Borrowing a page from the Bush Administration that showed the majority of people opposed to the Iraq War, Obama and Pelosi are showing "courageous leadership."
    The difference is that it's not a majority of news reporters that are against this idea,it is a majority of taxpayers who will have to pay for it who oppose it.

Back In Black

This is the basis of the entire liberal mindset.

The great unwashed american population is too stupid to know what is good for them.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't really understand all this about Slaughter Rules and majority. Up here 1 vote over 50% and its passed, Whats the difference down in Washington?

Banned

That is not true

A USA Today/Gallup Poll, taken prior to the invasion in March 2003, indicated that 75% of US citizens felt the invasion was not a mistake. In fact he Bush Approval rating shot up to around 70% when the invasion took place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I don't really understand all this about Slaughter Rules and majority. Up here 1 vote over 50% and its passed, Whats the difference down in Washington?
    From the Declaration of Independence

...Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed...
    Our fore fathers put rules in place that prevented just a simple majority form changing the laws. Kind of ironic, the fore fathers saw that Change is not good, yet here we are with Chairman Obama and his field of change.

Forum Member

The difference is that it's not a majority of news reporters that are against this idea,it is a majority of taxpayers who will have to pay for it who oppose it.
    The majority of taxpayers were also opposed to the war. Nice feeble attempt at humor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    This is the basis of the entire liberal mindset.

The great unwashed american population is too stupid to know what is good for them.
    Really? You can say that with a straight face after the actions of the previous administration?

Back In Black

Really? You can say that with a straight face after the actions of the previous administration?
    Ah yes, blame Bush.

Does it ever get old?

Forum Member

Ah yes, blame Bush.

Does it ever get old?
    Where did I blame Bush? I asked if you could make that statement with a straight face after the previous eight years.

Back In Black

Where did I blame Bush? I asked if you could make that statement with a straight face after the previous eight years.
    Bush has nothing to do with this discussion.

Forum Member

Bush has nothing to do with this discussion.
    The actions by previous Congress' and Administration is necessary to give perspective to the rhetoric that is currently being stated in both support and opposition.

Forum Member

If the Democrats were truly serious about helathcare "reform" they would go back and take the good from this bill and gut the shyte out of it and start over.

Instead, they will take a bill that a vast majority of folks do not apporve of, and thurst it upon the people.

And if the Democrats were truly interested in helping "working families" they would make the tax increases to pay for it kick in immediately, and not wait another 4 (yes FOUR) years before the law becomes active. At the most they would give it a year before it went into effect.

The Democrats are doing what they say is "right", but they will pay dearly for it come November - perhaps not enough to lose control in both houses - but they will pay dearly.

More substantiation of my belief that a Legislative and Executive branch that are both "controlled" by the same political party is not a good idea - regardless of which party it is.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

OK I'm still completely confused. If you don't pass laws by a simple majority, what is needed to get a bill passed. This whole health care looks more and more like a chinese fire drill.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    OK I'm still completely confused. If you don't pass laws by a simple majority, what is needed to get a bill passed. This whole health care looks more and more like a chinese fire drill.
    The original Senate bill needed 60 votes to pass. Now the Dems want to pass it in the House to just accept the Senate version of the bill as is.....except they want to tweak it to make it more palatable to some reluctant Democratic House members, then have a straight up or down vote on it.

The Democratic leadership is playing a shell game. They are trying to make it apppear in a manner that they are not actually voting for the "reform" bill, but just accepting another bill. It is smoke and mirrors, and they have been caught with their pants down doing it.

They think that by doing this, they can give their membership some political cover in 7 months when the election occurs. Basically they want to make it seem like they weren't actually voting for the bill, but an ammendment that changed the original bill so that they could then pass the original bill, but not actually vote on the orginal bill.

Clear to you now? Good.

November is going to be a blood bath, and is going to be sooooooooooooooo fun to watch. Even here in the People's Republik of Taxachusetts there are several members who are going to face some stiff competition, and you just might get to see some long term Democratic members of our delegation (all 10 House members are Dems - only Steve Lynch of South Boston is voting against this ridiculous bill) may lose their seat.

Lots of folks around Worcester are just a hair short of burning Jim McGovern in efigy. Bill Delahunt is not running for his seat again, Barney Frank is even looking at some stiffer competition. Nikki Tsongas (widow of a past Senator) is looking at getting booted out after 1 term in Lowell.

Oh man, November may just be so much fun.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Oh man, November may just be so much fun.
    All the more curious. If this issue were thought to be so toxic to Dems in November, why are Repubs fighting it so hard?

If one of my opponents is shooting themselves in the foot, I just hand them bullets and stand clear.

Back In Black

All the more curious. If this issue were thought to be so toxic to Dems in November, why are Repubs fighting it so hard?

If one of my opponents is shooting themselves in the foot, I just hand them bullets and stand clear.
    Maybe they really believe this will cause harm. What a thought.

Forum Member

Maybe they really believe this will cause harm. What a thought.
    If they truly believed that, they would let it pass, reap the benefits at the polls in November and in 2012 and then undo it.

I laugh when they state the process should start over from scratch. The GOP has stated they intend to fight Obama on this issue because they believe it will show him to be ineffective. One pundit I read said it best. The GOP could have written the health care bill and they would still vote against it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information