Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 219-212

Forum Member

Cool yup

Quote Originally Posted by Illini View Post
    Am I wrong, or is this a fire service grant forum?
    No, you are correct. This is a forum dedicated to helping people get federal government handouts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cornwallfire View Post
    No, you are correct. This is a forum dedicated to helping people get federal government handouts.
    I understand some think it is a government handout. Trouble is for many of us, it is our taxes going to help those that always have their hand out. Government funding per capita would be a great demographic to look at and reverse.

Anyway, ours is not a handout but handup and why do we do it? Someone on the outside could misunderstand. The reason why we grantwriters do this is because of the flood of regulations and codes that are overwhelming the fire service industry.

If the government wants these departments that exist on practically nothing to become compliant to THEIR demands, then they have to offer to help financially.

That is why I do not feel any conflict for making applications for support for my department and mutual aid association. They keep telling me I gotta have this and that and report this and get certified in that to even exist to help my fellow man. Well then those making the demands have to help.

Just about bet you those that have real problems with us having problems with this legislation are probably involved with labor.

And remember that this legislation had nothing to do with healthcare. This is opening the door for more control over us and we are going to have to reverse this in November, but watch out till then.

Forum Member

Hate to go political but......I have no problem taking this money. Why? Last year our government promised the Palistinians close to a billion dollars. Yep, the same people who danced in the streets on 9/11 when 343 of our brothers were vaporized received more money than the American fire service! WTF.

If our government can willy nilly give away our hard earn money to people who'd just assume see us dead, then I have no problem taking that money and using it to help save a lives on our soil.

OK I FEEL BETTER.

Forum Member

Everyone keeps saying that the conservatives never did anything when they had power. Maybe government isnt supposed to do stuff like healthcare.

As an old timer use to say to me when he got mad about something,” It makes my axx crave buttermilk” He is long gone now but I will always remember him. I asked someone not to long ago that as the old timers that I respect, the old timers that worked hard and raised there kids the same way, and a hand shake was there bond, what is going to happen to this great county because those kind of people are not begin replaced. Well I think I see what kind of people that is running this great land, seen it very clearly this weekend. The fall elections are going to be very interesting and probably another record turnout. My family paid more than their share of blood to keep our country free and I am sure they are others in the same boat here but what is going on in this country now is not what they died for. As Forest Gump would say, “And that’s all I got to say about that”

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    I wouldn't say they hate America, I'd say they are using/abusing the freedoms we have in order to just benefit themselves instead of the greater good. Laws will never replace ethical and moral behavior or force it upon someone when we all still have the will and ability to choose for ourselves. Even many without insurance right now didn't want the bill since it removes the ability to free choice. Charging a citizen for not having healthcare by their own free will doesn't sound like freedom of choice to me.
    How about charging a citizen for not having auto insurance? How about charging citizens for fire protection? Police? EMS? Why is it a good idea that we as tax payers should pay for those but not medical care? How about that nice paved road in front of our houses? Who paid for those? We did! Every last one of us? Did we choose to? I did by being a American. We all want to whine about oil companies getting preferential treatment, well what about insurance companies? I agree that there are things about the bill that missed the mark but it is a step in the right direction. For once somebody stood up for the little guy and took just a little bit back from big coporate America. Was it a popular decision? No. It was over a year ago, but the Republicans turned on a fear machine that they so often use. They scared the crap out of people with exagerations and lies! I say thank you Mr. President, thank you to the House, and thank you to the senate for doing your best to stand up for us and not the big corporations. As far as using rhetoric like calling them commies. Come on are you kidding me? Everyone wonders why we are where we are. Because of crap like this. We are no where near communism and never will be. Typical Republican scare tactics! You must watch Glen Beck. Get real. If you didn't like the legislature then vote against those who voted for it. Hell try to sell your case to others. But please do so without using scare tactics! Sell your case on facts.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VChief101 View Post
    How about charging a citizen for not having auto insurance? How about charging citizens for fire protection? Police? EMS? Why is it a good idea that we as tax payers should pay for those but not medical care? How about that nice paved road in front of our houses? Who paid for those? We did! Every last one of us? Did we choose to? I did by being a American. We all want to whine about oil companies getting preferential treatment, well what about insurance companies? I agree that there are things about the bill that missed the mark but it is a step in the right direction. For once somebody stood up for the little guy and took just a little bit back from big coporate America. Was it a popular decision? No. It was over a year ago, but the Republicans turned on a fear machine that they so often use. They scared the crap out of people with exagerations and lies! I say thank you Mr. President, thank you to the House, and thank you to the senate for doing your best to stand up for us and not the big corporations. As far as using rhetoric like calling them commies. Come on are you kidding me? Everyone wonders why we are where we are. Because of crap like this. We are no where near communism and never will be. Typical Republican scare tactics! You must watch Glen Beck. Get real. If you didn't like the legislature then vote against those who voted for it. Hell try to sell your case to others. But please do so without using scare tactics! Sell your case on facts.
    If they had to use facts all of the rabid right talk show millionaires would be out of a job..

Rush windbag, shawn whine all day,& glenn beck all play on the fear of short minded people and use that fear to inflame them and right now they are stocking up on survival rations and heritage seed packs , along with their gold bars and hiding under their select comfort air beds while they thumb through their survivalist magazines..
    Expect to see more ruby ridge, & waco type scenes in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2426 View Post
    Mr. Speaker I make a motion to have this post moved to the off duty forums.

Do I have a second?

but until I do get a second, I'm pretty sure that anyone who voted for Mr. Obama knew this was a top priority and that it would get done no matter what the public said.

(I didn't vote for him)
    Motion seconded, Moderator take a vote.
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

Vchief, not sure what you're talking about with the Glenn Beck comment, I don't watch any of those. And I think you missed the point big time about charging people for health care against their will with the road and other comments. After all, they are there for all to use, so they should be done with public funding. Health care for 1 person is not. Having the IRS levy a fine against someone for choosing not to have health insurance and pay things on their own is not freedom of choice. I paid out of pocket for my son to be born last year, and cost me less than the premiums on insurance along not including the costs for copays that would have made it even higher. According to the facts of this legislation since I read it myself, I would have been fined by the IRS for not carrying health insurance on my wife last year after we chose to do the least expensive option of not using the insurance. This country was founded on choice. Car insurance isn't the same thing because improper use of a vehicle causes other people to be hurt or killed. Choosing to not take care of yourself only affects you, not anyone else. That's why health insurance is a personal choice and shouldn't be a government mandate.

Thread Information