Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question 2010 AFG Program Guidance ?????

We are one week away from the application period opening up. As such, will the 2010 PG be posted today? That is the million dollar question.

MembersZone Subscriber

Better yet when are the DJ's going out, so i know what to apply for. I still dont know if I am getting one from last year.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just had the 2010 grant seminar with our regional rep 2 days ago. He stated not to hold your breath for the DJs prior to the opening period. He said it would be a good idea to have a couple of different grant requests and to hold off till you hear something or to near the end of the application period to apply.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfire View Post
    I just had the 2010 grant seminar with our regional rep 2 days ago. He stated not to hold your breath for the DJs prior to the opening period. He said it would be a good idea to have a couple of different grant requests and to hold off till you hear something or to near the end of the application period to apply.
    That is opposite of what we were told in the workdshop last week. Everyone would know their status prior to the application period. Diffrent day, different way.

I'd be very leary of waiting until towards the end of the application period to submit. With the issues that have been ongoing with the computer system now; I would think there would be a strong possibility for the system to overload and crash leaving some folks out of the process.

At this point anyone in limbo needs to fine tune their 2009 narrative and prepare a new 2010 project so that they are prepared to submit either project once they learn their fate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    That is opposite of what we were told in the workdshop last week. Everyone would know their status prior to the application period. Diffrent day, different way.

I'd be very leary of waiting until towards the end of the application period to submit. With the issues that have been ongoing with the computer system now; I would think there would be a strong possibility for the system to overload and crash leaving some folks out of the process.

At this point anyone in limbo needs to fine tune their 2009 narrative and prepare a new 2010 project so that they are prepared to submit either project once they learn their fate.
    This is just more of the same that we have been encountering. Kinda like how wine is bad for you and six months later wine is good for you.

Anyone wanna make a bet that opening date is not even close to March 29th?

I'll end up starting a pool again I know it.

I've heard 2010 Guidance will be out "around" March 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    This is just more of the same that we have been encountering. Kinda like how wine is bad for you and six months later wine is good for you.

Anyone wanna make a bet that opening date is not even close to March 29th?

I'll end up starting a pool again I know it.
    I already asked in another thread when you were going to. I want April 30th....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    We are one week away from the application period opening up. As such, will the 2010 PG be posted today? That is the million dollar question.
    On Friday, March 26, we were told that the application period most likely wouldn't open until around April 15. The reason being that the new administration wanted to touch and see everything. Go figure. Therefore, I would keep my eyes open everyday from now until then.

Quote Originally Posted by looneym86 View Post
    On Friday, March 26, we were told that the application period most likely wouldn't open until around April 15. The reason being that the new administration wanted to touch and see everything. Go figure. Therefore, I would keep my eyes open everyday from now until then.
    In other words the obamanation administration wants to give the awards out to the congressional districts that bow to his wishes and reject the ones from the districts were the congressman voted like his people wanted. Is that what you are saying? Sounds about right to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    In other words the obamanation administration wants to give the awards out to the congressional districts that bow to his wishes and reject the ones from the districts were the congressman voted like his people wanted. Is that what you are saying? Sounds about right to me.
    Don't believe everything you hear (or read). The grants are reviewed by firefighters (hence peer review) and they recommend what's worthy of awarding. The awards are not based on Congressional districts friendly with the White House.
    Perhaps the post blaming the Obama administration is incorrect, and maybe the delay with the 2010 application is because the contractor running the online application is having computer trouble. Of course, that doesn't lead to another round of Obamabashing, so no one had reason to post it.
    Believed by many to be the best-administered homeland security grant in the country, the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program provides an accessible competitive opportunity for fire departments and non-affiliated EMS agencies across the US to get funding for a wide range of operations and safety, vehicles, and regional communications projects.

Thread Information