Thread: Boise, ID test?

Forum Member

Default Boise, ID test?

Has anyone ever tested Boise, ID? Also wondering if anyone has taken the FPSIís (Fire & Police Selection INC.) Entry-Level Firefighter CEB/PST test?
    Any good suggestions on study materials for testing?

Forum Member

There is probably a confidentiality agreement so nobody is responding about the test. I was wondering about Boise Fire as well. Does anyone know if they are planning an academies or just routine testing? Looks like a pretty cool dept from their website. If there are any Boise Firefighters on here let me know what you think! Thanks!

Forum Member

I just mailed back my signed leter from Boise FD. If anyone else could chime in on any further details about how many they are planning to hire that would be great. Thanks!

jebff51 - On their website they have a form for a study guide from FPSI. It was only $7.00 and should give you a good idea on whats on the test.

Forum Member

I just sent my letter off too!Thanks obrienm8 I 'll check it out! I haven't heard anything on how many there hiring but I know the list is going to be a two year list...Have you tested for Boise before?
    Last edited by jebff51; 03-31-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: n/a

MembersZone Subscriber

I looked online and they were talking about filling out an interest card online or mailing one in. I didn't see a link though. Do you just send them a fancy letter saying about how bad you want to be a real live fireman when you grow up? Seriously though, should I just send a letter of interest to test?

Forum Member

HA HA HA that's funny....You have to fill out the interest card, after which they send you a letter asking with you meet the min. requirements and inviting you to test.But they stopped taking interest cards on march 15th!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Oops, I was totally not on the ball for that one. Would have been a cool dept. to work for. Thanks.

Forum Member

jebff51 - Never tested with them. Seems like a really cool department and great place to live if your into the outdoors. Where are you coming from?

Forum Member

I'm coming from Eugene Oregon,its about a 8+ hr drive.I was born in boise and have lots of family that live there. I love boise, it's a great place to live.I've heard it's a great department too. Have you received anything other than the first letter?

Forum Member

Anybody have any idea which test they are giving? CWH/CPS/Ergometrics? I'm trying to prep.

Forum Member

They are giving a test from FPSI; as of today I still haven't received anything about the test date. Should be soon.

Forum Member

Jeff - when are you getting in? I fly in from Vegas Friday morning and leave Sunday morning. Was going to check out the town Friday.

Good luck to everyone taking the test Saturday!

Forum Member

Does anyone on here know much about the department (outside of what's on their Union/City website)?

It'd be nice to know how they operate, what the tradition is like in the FD, how much fire they see, how they operate medical calls, the usual stuff.

Thread Information