Forum Member

Default Cosmas Vulcan boots?

They seem to be a relatively new company, but does anyone have experience with the Cosmas Vulcan leather structural boots?

Forum Member

Cosmonaut boots?

Are moon boots NFPA certified?!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I did a little research, and they look interesting. If anyone has worn these, please chime in... I'd be curious how much they cost compared with the competition...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

They do, and I saw them in person, they look nice, I just want some front-line experience.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    They do, and I saw them in person, they look nice, I just want some front-line experience.
    In all seriousness, I've never heard of them.... got a link?
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

It came down to those and the Globe boots for our deparment.
    Cosmas makes a good boot, but the Globe was just a bit more comfortbable, plus they're made in the good ole USA!

My department went from Globe to Cosmas boots about 2 years ago. There is very little drop off in comfort or performance. I've had globe and cosmas 14'' leathers and they are very similar in design and feel. They both feel like a heavy pair of tennis shoes. They are extremely comfortable. I would recommend Cosmas for anyone wanting the comfort and performance of Globe without the "cool yellow strip" and save about 150.00. Globe makes a great boot, but they are very expensive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JhawkFF View Post
    It came down to those and the Globe boots for our deparment.
    Cosmas makes a good boot, but the Globe was just a bit more comfortbable, plus they're made in the good ole USA!
    they are just final assembled here, not from start to finish
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down? (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Capt387 View Post
    they are just final assembled here, not from start to finish
    Thats not true. Globe boots are made in Lewiston Maine. I was at the factory last month to have a special fitting for my super wide feet. They took me out on the floor and picked out the footbed the right size , then the toecap that fit, then the leathers were fitted onto a modified Last [mold} to give the 4 E width I need. The uppers were a size & 1/2 larger than the footbed to accommodate my high arches. All hand sewn to a custom dimension, as all their boots are.
    The total time from fitting to delivery was less than 10 days.
    Great people to deal with, still making boots here in America, the old fashioned way,with care and pride in their workmanship.

Buy your chinese boots if you need to save money :::::

But if you want to have an American made product go with Globe.

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Thats not true. Globe boots are made in Lewiston Maine. I was at the factory last month to have a special fitting for my super wide feet. They took me out on the floor and picked out the footbed the right size , then the toecap that fit, then the leathers were fitted onto a modified Last [mold} to give the 4 E width I need. The uppers were a size & 1/2 larger than the footbed to accommodate my high arches. All hand sewn to a custom dimension, as all their boots are.
    Great people to deal with, still making boots here in America, the old fashioned way,with care and pride in their workmanship.

If you didn't have all that feet, you would have been a taller guy and maybe could have worked on a Truck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post

When the originally started I was still an equipment dealer and was getting the mail from the TFG guys with their propaganda mails on how it was only components were assembled in the US times change I guess. BTW I like the Haix boots better myself
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down? (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Forum Member

Default Cosmas boots

Dealer out of Ohio just quoted me $317.00 + shipping for the Titan and $353.00 + shipping for the Vulcan.

Forum Member

Although they are not Vulcan's, I have a pair of Titan's. Very comfortable. My only complaint is I can't just slip them off. I have to sit down and twist them off. They lock in at the back of my ankle.

Forum Member

Houston granted a deal with Cosmas for 1 mill plus change over five years if I remember correct.

Nice boot but obviously costly

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    If you didn't have all that feet, you would have been a taller guy and maybe could have worked on a Truck!
    I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs, Feet are a 10 1/2 4 E width. They help me stay afloat in mud , deep snow and spread out my weight on a roof. Who needs snowshoes or swim fins !

Thread Information