Thread: DJ's

Forum Member

Talking

D J stands for Dear Jim: try again next year! :-}

Forum Member

Default Another week

and no word from FEMA.

MembersZone Subscriber

Things are moving - just got my Station construction grant DJ.

Dear Station Construction Grant (SCG) Applicant:

Thank you for applying for a Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA, P.L.
    111-5) Station Construction Grant (SCG).

The ARRA provided $210 million for the FY 2009 ARRA SCG Program. The Federal Emergency Management
    Agency (FEMA) received more than 6,000 applications requesting approximately $10 billion in Federal
    funding. Due to the competitiveness of the application proces! s and the limited amount of available
    funding, less than two percent of those that applied will be awarded. Unfortunately, FEMA was not
    able to offer funds to many worthy applicants. Many Applicants were not considered because the
    application did not match up well in relation to the funding priorities and rating criteria for the
    FY 2009 ARRA SCG Program.

Funding priorities and rating criteria for the evaluation of FY 2009 ARRA SCG Program applications
    were established based on recommendations from a panel comprised of representatives from nine major
    fire service organizations. These priorities were included in the FY 2009 ARRA SCG Program Guidance
    and were reflected in the FY 2009 ARRA SCG application in the form of questions regarding the applicant's
    organization and community, as well as the proposed project. !
    The answers to these questions were the !
    primary basis for determining whether an application warranted further evaluation in the peer review
    stage of the competition. To reach the second level of evaluation (the peer review), priority was given
    to the following:

1. Applicants whose proposed projects were consistent with the announced funding priorities
    2. Communities that have been subject to significant increases in unemployment rates
    3. Applicants whose projects could start soon after the award was made
    4 .Applicants whose projects would positively affect firefighter and public safety in
    the near term

If you would like a more detailed account of how your application was rated, please register your request
    at www.firegrantsupport.com/turndowns within 30 days of this notice. FEMA will respond to these requests !
    in the order in which they are received

I appreciate your interest in the ARRA SCG Program and look forward to working with you on future homeland
    security issues.

Sincerely,

MembersZone Subscriber

LVFD got the exact same letter! I love Mondays!

Forum Member

Default Rumor

Rumor has that DJ releases will start this Thursday. From what i was told it will be a BIG release.

Forum Member

I got the same letter that LVFD did for the SCG. Funny thing though, nowhere in all of the blabbering does it actually say our grant was denied

A single sentence is all they needed, but after a whole page it still doesn't say anything at all!

Andy

Forum Member

Still wondering why some have received the above e-mail stating that turndowns are forthcoming and yet others have not received any as of yet.

Grant Reps have no idea either, so who has the best explenation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican631 View Post
    I got the same letter that LVFD did for the SCG. Funny thing though, nowhere in all of the blabbering does it actually say our grant was denied

A single sentence is all they needed, but after a whole page it still doesn't say anything at all!

Andy
    Huh! I just went back and read it again and realized you're right.

But we can read between the lines...

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

This notice came to personal e-mail and not on the portal. They are also referring to the SCG grant. AFG has not issued the Dreaded Jury decision yet. Several keep saying their GM told them a week ago or next but I believe that was an answer to get them off the phone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSU1 View Post
    Rumor has that DJ releases will start this Thursday. From what i was told it will be a BIG release.
    I don't think there's ever a small release of heartbreak.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DTaa66 View Post
    This notice came to personal e-mail and not on the portal. They are also referring to the SCG grant. AFG has not issued the Dreaded Jury decision yet. Several keep saying their GM told them a week ago or next but I believe that was an answer to get them off the phone.
    You know Don,

Giving the caller any answer to get them off the phone makes more sense than anything else.

Now I understand the SOP there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by avfdchief40 View Post
    I got the same email but it came to the email that I have subscribed to for info from AFG...It would be nice to know the status of our current grant so we all know if we need to revise our grant for 2010
    Pretty sure it's a generic letter since I got something thru my subscription info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just got a FP denial in my email.

Forum Member

Looks like Excess Fund denials on FP.

Forum Member

Has anyone ever got a 1199 after the DJ's went out? And if you don't get one first round does that mean you made it past the computer and into the peer?

Forum Member

For those that get "if funds become available" it has happened but usually not until months later. It's generally a sign if one gets that DJ wording to resubmit the same grant with some tweaks since it scored high, just not high enough.

MembersZone Subscriber

The DJ I got in an email, I just got the same thing in my grant mail on the firegrantsupport portal.

Forum Member

Default Letter

I have 2 grants still hanging out there, with no action whatsoever, yet have not received this letter for either dept. Not in any of my email boxes. Wonder why?

Forum Member

Same here, nothing found in either mail site, and wondering why! Good sign-Bad-sign! Sure is a screwed up year for proper notifications from what usually is the best run system in the country when it comes to grants!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    I have 2 grants still hanging out there, with no action whatsoever, yet have not received this letter for either dept. Not in any of my email boxes. Wonder why?
    The weird thing is, I received the "we'll tell you before the ap for 2010" email but also received the famous '10 question' pre-award survey.

Now I am really confused....

What say you?

Forum Member

If you got the 10 Q's then you should have an 1199A reference somewhere. Everyone got the we'll let you know emails, even 2009 apps that have already been awarded. They just blast most emails through the Profile email listing in the database.

Forum Member

If you have an active 1199a on file, do you think they will bother to send you the 1199a info. I received a grant this year in round 1 for turn out, etc. but also have one out for a new tanker. While managing the equipment grant, I received the 10q for the truck grant. I'm worried that one question asked if you received any federal grant in 2009. Obviously I have to say yes. Do you think that will hinder the truck grant any?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy67 View Post
    If you have an active 1199a on file, do you think they will bother to send you the 1199a info. I received a grant this year in round 1 for turn out, etc. but also have one out for a new tanker. While managing the equipment grant, I received the 10q for the truck grant. I'm worried that one question asked if you received any federal grant in 2009. Obviously I have to say yes. Do you think that will hinder the truck grant any?
    No, it will not hinder the truck grant. Plenty of double winners in the past.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy67 View Post
    Nope. Lots of departments have gotten two grants in the same program year.

Thread Information