Forum Member

Default I am tired of!!!!!!!

Let me say I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how people are offended over the stupidest crap. You know what if you are offended don't listen, don't watch, don't talk just go away. No one is forcing you to agree or submit. You know what I like what I am doing and I love the American Flag in my office. If you don't like it go to Iran, they don't have any US Flags there. It is not just that, I am tired of people whining and crying because they are offended by a name, a color, clothing, neighborhood, purchases, shopping location, etc. etc. etc.. You know what this is our country as a whole and you being offended offends me. What are you going to say about that City Coucil? Why don't you pass a low stating that it is illegal to offended someone by being offended?

Gosh I am P!553D!!!!!!!!

Rant off!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I'm filling out my just received censuses form not as Caucasian but as an Irish-German American. LMAO

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy05 View Post
    Let me say I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing about how people are offended over the stupidest crap. You know what if you are offended don't listen, don't watch, don't talk just go away. No one is forcing you to agree or submit. You know what I like what I am doing and I love the American Flag in my office. If you don't like it go to Iran, they don't have any US Flags there. It is not just that, I am tired of people whining and crying because they are offended by a name, a color, clothing, neighborhood, purchases, shopping location, etc. etc. etc.. You know what this is our country as a whole and you being offended offends me. What are you going to say about that City Coucil? Why don't you pass a low stating that it is illegal to offended someone by being offended?

Gosh I am P!553D!!!!!!!!

Rant off!
    dont forget religion. an athiest in one of the departments i am an explorer at got afended with the fact my helmet reflectors had a cross on them. Sir i realy love some of the things you post, i can tell that you know what your talking about, i greatly respect you.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

On my census,I just checked that one person lived there and marked the remaining questions as "Refused" in pen.That's all that is really required.No need to know if they are paying rent or what ethnicity they are.Just how many people live in the country is what the Census is supposed to count.
    I am sure someone will be calling on me for clarification.
    As to RS1606's special friend,just politely remind him/her that if you have to respect their beliefs and ways,the flip side of that is that THEY have to respect YOURs in return.Otherwise,it's just special groups that get to express themselves and not everyone in general.
    As I said,be polite and if it turns into a shouting match,don't be the one shouting.Let the officers come out into the bay and see who is making all that noise and who is being polite.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    On my census,I just checked that one person lived there and marked the remaining questions as "Refused" in pen.That's all that is really required.No need to know if they are paying rent or what ethnicity they are.Just how many people live in the country is what the Census is supposed to count.
    I am sure someone will be calling on me for clarification.
    As to RS1606's special friend,just politely remind him/her that if you have to respect their beliefs and ways,the flip side of that is that THEY have to respect YOURs in return.Otherwise,it's just special groups that get to express themselves and not everyone in general.
    As I said,be polite and if it turns into a shouting match,don't be the one shouting.Let the officers come out into the bay and see who is making all that noise and who is being polite.
    Or boot him square in the gonads

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606
    an athiest... ...got afended with the fact my helmet reflectors had a cross on them.

Add another Cross or two to make a point. We have freedom of religion or the freedom to not embrace religion.

If the guy says anything about it, tell him you are offended that he would deny you the freedom to express yourself. He certainly doesn't have a problem with doing that himslef.

---------------------------------------------

Many years ago, my wife bought me a little firefighter angel cap pin. I wore it on my cap for 6 or 7 years... until someone complained about it. It seems it mad them feel bad. My attitide was it wasn't aimed at him, but was protecting me. But our Chief at the time didn't like to take sides on issues like that, so he enacted a policy that we could not put anything on our cap, helmet or uniforms.

Of course... I complained about the policy, but it didn't do any good. So score one for the guy that felt bad.

A while later, he told the Chief that our Maltese Cross was offensive to him, because it represented War and Religion. The Chief told him that it represented firefighters' Honor, Courage and Dedication. The guy demanded it be removed from our trucks, letterhead and uniforms. The Chief told him he could take a hike.

And yes, I put the angel back on my cap.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

We had a guy whio said the US Flag was offensive to him being on the rigs, helmets or anywhere in the station.

We told him, 1. go F*** Off, 2. to quit as it is going to stay there
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Add another Cross or two to make a point. We have freedom of religion or the freedom to not embrace religion.

If the guy says anything about it, tell him you are offended that he would deny you the freedom to express yourself. He certainly doesn't have a problem with doing that himslef.

---------------------------------------------

Many years ago, my wife bought me a little firefighter angel cap pin. I wore it on my cap for 6 or 7 years... until someone complained about it. It seems it mad them feel bad. My attitide was it wasn't aimed at him, but was protecting me. But our Chief at the time didn't like to take sides on issues like that, so he enacted a policy that we could not put anything on our cap, helmet or uniforms.

Of course... I complained about the policy, but it didn't do any good. So score one for the guy that felt bad.

A while later, he told the Chief that our Maltese Cross was offensive to him, because it represented War and Religion. The Chief told him that it represented firefighters' Honor, Courage and Dedication. The guy demanded it be removed from our trucks, letterhead and uniforms. The Chief told him he could take a hike.

And yes, I put the angel back on my cap.

Of course those people misread the Bill of Rights which states, "Freedom of Religion" not freedom from religion.

Forum Member

I think that it all just shows the Pussification of this Nation. Think of what would have happened 40 years ago if some one had bitched about a Cross on our Grandfathers lids....I am all for Equality and all that BullSht but it has to apply to everyone.
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Banned

Perhaps you have seen this..

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation....
    This country was founded on the belief in a GOD. Yet the libtards on the left seem to ignore those facts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Or boot him square in the gonads
    As I said,be polite.When the dispute comes up before some board,(and it's sure to be taken that far) you don't want them to be saying that you were the one cold ****ing the other because he "only" complained about your cross.Much as it would make you feel better,it won't help your case.
    As I said,let HIM be seen as ranting and raving about what he doesn't like.The officers will see it and pass it on to higher-higher.When he goes up the chain of command,his reputation will precede him and be more effective than any words that you can come up with.

Forum Member

"I'm mad as hell and I won't take it anymore."

Funny how Life imitates Art.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 03-27-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Life is too short to get all ticked off at someone because you are offended.

I will not change my opinions or expressions because you don't like them. If you don't like a cross on a helmet too freaking bad - don't practice a religion. If you don't like the flag of the nation that you live in - too freaking bad. This is the nation you choose to live in, so you will have to deal with seeing those beautiful red and white stripes with a blue field.

People just cannot deal with a person's opinion or habits different than theirs. If that is the biggest problem you have to deal with in life, you are living a charmed existence.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Life is too short to get all ticked off at someone because you are offended.

I will not change my opinions or expressions because you don't like them. If you don't like a cross on a helmet too freaking bad - don't practice a religion. If you don't like the flag of the nation that you live in - too freaking bad. This is the nation you choose to live in, so you will have to deal with seeing those beautiful red and white stripes with a blue field.

People just cannot deal with a person's opinion or habits different than theirs. If that is the biggest problem you have to deal with in life, you are living a charmed existence.
    Well some people have been hard wired and programmed to think a particular way. So when someone comes along with a different point of view that don't know how to respond. In response they are offended and get upset because they lack the power to think and the objectivity of an open mind.

Thread Information