Forum Member

Default Need help on some entry level exam questions?

Here are a few questions that I was unsure about on the entry level exam (not sure of the exact wording):

1.) If you were to see a fellow firefighter taking jewelry from a fire scene what would you do? A. Tell supervisor B. Confront him yourself and see what he is doing (the other two answers I know weren't correct)

2.) If a veteran firefighter told you how to do something but it was different from what you were taught, what would you do?
    A. Tell him thats not how you were taught and do it your way B. Do it his way C. Tell him you appreciate the help but your going to do it your way

Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trojans15 View Post
    Here are a few questions that I was unsure about on the entry level exam (not sure of the exact wording):

1.) If you were to see a fellow firefighter taking jewelry from a fire scene what would you do? A. Tell supervisor B. Confront him yourself and see what he is doing (the other two answers I know weren't correct)

2.) If a veteran firefighter told you how to do something but it was different from what you were taught, what would you do?
    A. Tell him thats not how you were taught and do it your way B. Do it his way C. Tell him you appreciate the help but your going to do it your way

What are the other two answers on 1.

What is the last answer on 2.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

always tell your supervisor!!!! thats how they want you to answer those questions

Forum Member

#1 should be a fair no brainer. Any question that involves illegal activity should be promptly reported to a supervisor, law enforcement, etc. If you can't figure that one out, you better not be going into public service.

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by trojans15 View Post

#1. You should tactfully confront the firefighter first and read his reaction. If he comes at you with an attitude, it needs to go to a higher up. There may be a good explanation. The firefighter may be salvaging something for the family.

#2. Look at the question this way, If a veteran is imparting wisdom from years and years on the job, I'd gladly take it.

Thread Information