Forum Member

Default Mobile Radio in 2002 Dodge Ram POV

I'm trying to make sure I can get in touch with an ambulance coming past my area if they need me as a medic, so I'm trying to install a Kenwood 705D radio in my truck.

However, I don't see any sensible way to mount the thing in my cab. Does anyone have any suggestions? Pictures of a current setup would be an awesome help. There is no "under the dash"... it's all just a plastic wall.

Thanks.
    Ed

Forum Member

take the center storage hole out and use an external speaker under the dash. I put my light/siren controller on my 02 in that area
    Am I being effective in my efforts or am I merely showing up in my fireman costume to watch a house burn down? (Joe Brown, www.justlookingbusy.wordpress.com)

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply, LT. Our consoles might be a little different; in the center of mine is a drop-down drink holder tray. I suppose I could remove that, but I honestly think coffee is more important than a radio.

Maybe I should mount a low console on the center floor???

MembersZone Subscriber

Ed,
    Try registering & Posting your question over at Batlabs Forums
    http://batboard.batlabs.com/

They are primarily geared toward Mother /\/\oto Equipment, but they have a Vehicle Install section toward the bottomthat is visited by professional installers who may be able to help you out.

Just be warned the forum is kind of slow (in comparison to here) so it may take a day or two to get anything.

Also - if possible posting a pic or two of your console area may get you some better results.

Good Luck.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Stephen:

Thanks. I joined and did a search on that forum. Found some promising threads, though the photos are long gone. Just got off a LOOONG 24 hour shift this morning and am still too dazed to give them proper attention, but probably will tomorrow or shortly after.

Thanks.

Ed

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Thomas View Post
    Thanks for the reply, LT. Our consoles might be a little different; in the center of mine is a drop-down drink holder tray. I suppose I could remove that, but I honestly think coffee is more important than a radio.

Maybe I should mount a low console on the center floor???
    I had a 2003 1ton and just mounted the radio on the transmission hump. They sell brackets or just make your own. Two metal screws through the rug and your all set. Mount the mic anywhere it's convenient. When I sold the truck I fluffed up the rug, no problem.

Forum Member

That was a good plan Ed. Being prepared in all the emergencies helps you to prevent problems and think for the best solutions you can do. Keep up the good work. Milwaukee 2410-22 M12 Review
    Last edited by bobmorton; 04-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Thread Information