Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Lightbulb Possum Kiss 'O Life?

I heard about this on the radio this morning.....

Police: Drunk Pa. man tried to revive dead opossum

Saturday, March 27, 2010(03-27) 03:44 PDT Punxsutawney, Pa. (AP)

Police say they charged a Pennsylvania man with public drunkenness after he was seen trying to resuscitate a long-dead opossum along a highway. State police Trooper Jamie Levier says several witnesses saw 55-year-old Donald Wolfe, of Brookville, near the animal Thursday along Route 36 in Oliver Township, about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

The trooper says one person saw Wolfe kneeling before the animal and gesturing as though he were conducting a seance. He says another saw Wolfe attempting to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Levier says the animal already had been dead a while.

The Associated Press could not locate a home telephone number for Wolfe.

So I guess the possum wasn't playing possum after all...

Mr. Wolfe definitely wasn't a Possum Whisperer or a Road Kill Gourmet.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking Doug Sump'n You Should Be Telling Us???

HEEHEHEHEHEHEEH

Dog that attacked police cars must attend classes

Friday, March 26, 2010(03-26) 21:32 PDT Chattanooga, Tenn. (AP)

A pit bull mix in Tennessee has been sentenced to obedience training after his dogged attack on a local police car.

Winston didn't bite anybody, but he mauled a Chattanooga police car in what might have been a confused attempt to take a bite out of crime. The persistent pooch managed to tear off a section of the front bumper and damage the tires.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that a judge ruled that Winston had been a very bad dog. He was sentenced to obedience and canine good citizen classes, and he'll have to wear a tag that says he is "potentially dangerous."

Charges against his owner will be dismissed if the classes are completed successfully.

Owner Nancy Emerling said Winston got out of a fenced-in area at a welding shop March 14.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I heard about this on the radio this morning.....

Police: Drunk Pa. man tried to revive dead opossum

Saturday, March 27, 2010(03-27) 03:44 PDT Punxsutawney, Pa. (AP)

Police say they charged a Pennsylvania man with public drunkenness after he was seen trying to resuscitate a long-dead opossum along a highway. .

Punxsutawney, Pa. Maybe he thought it was the groundhog?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Today,I just happen to be wearing an old shirt(it was in the rotation) that reads"Where in the world is Paducah Kentucky?" The answer is "Halfway between Possum Trot and Monkey's Eyebrow".
    Look it up on any map search you want.
    And I gotta say it:"You might be a redneck if you can accurately describe the taste of oppossum."
    Somewhat reminiscent of pork.Just be sure to take it alive and feed it table scraps for a few days(4+) to get the rancid taste of its previous meals out of it's meat.
    Last edited by doughesson; 03-30-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Forum Member

Closest I have to owning a dog in recent years is my neighbor's pit who has stopped rushing the fence trying to get me when I am in the backyard.Now,he still rushes the fence but he is expecting bones from whatever critter I had for supper:chicken,squirrel,beefal o,et cetera,et cetera,et cetera.Good thing his owner isn't Jewish or I'd be in serious trouble for the rib bones I handed the dog last night.
    I still keep the fence between us.You can never tell if he's had a taste for raw human or not nor what he'll do if I don't have any bones to throw over the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    HEEHEHEHEHEHEEH

Dog that attacked police cars must attend classes

Friday, March 26, 2010(03-26) 21:32 PDT Chattanooga, Tenn. (AP)

A pit bull mix in Tennessee has been sentenced to obedience training after his dogged attack on a local police car.

Winston didn't bite anybody, but he mauled a Chattanooga police car in what might have been a confused attempt to take a bite out of crime. The persistent pooch managed to tear off a section of the front bumper and damage the tires.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that a judge ruled that Winston had been a very bad dog. He was sentenced to obedience and canine good citizen classes, and he'll have to wear a tag that says he is "potentially dangerous."

Charges against his owner will be dismissed if the classes are completed successfully.

Owner Nancy Emerling said Winston got out of a fenced-in area at a welding shop March 14.

Thread Information