Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Station improvement grant

If you are looking for grant $ for station improvements -

Each state is getting $ in the Obamamania porkulous bill for grants to gov't/nonprofits for enery eff projects.

Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The US has borrowed the $ from the Chicoms so you might as well request it and put to appropriate use.

I applied for/received 50% grant to replace bay doors with 3" high eff. insulated doors; new high eff. furnaces and unit heaters (in bay); high eff. modern T-8 Fluorescent lights; Energy Star Washer and 2x Energy Star Refrigerators, and a demand gas water heater. As the existing items were all 30yr old they were very near the end of their useful life and needed replacement. Should see a decrease in electric/gas usage. Pay back likely years but logic has no place.

Want to do something really silly will fund solar projects small windmills.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    If you are looking for grant $ for station improvements -

Each state is getting $ in the Obamamania porkulous bill for grants to gov't/nonprofits for enery eff projects.

Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The US has borrowed the $ from the Chicoms so you might as well request it and put to appropriate use.

I applied for/received 50% grant to replace bay doors with 3" high eff. insulated doors; new high eff. furnaces and unit heaters (in bay); high eff. modern T-8 Fluorescent lights; Energy Star Washer and 2x Energy Star Refrigerators, and a demand gas water heater. As the existing items were all 30yr old they were very near the end of their useful life and needed replacement. Should see a decrease in electric/gas usage. Pay back likely years but logic has no place.

Want to do something really silly will fund solar projects small windmills.

Where would go to get this information?

Forum Member

Default Info

According to what i found the period to apply ended on December 14, 2009

Forum Member

New York awarded their's last week as our department received $118,000 for solar panel project.

Forum Member

Feds made grants to big cities and every state. The each state is running their own program for smaller communities. May be a Fed schedule/deadline I don't know.

Google is your friend.

(your state) Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program

Forum Member

PA awarded theirs about 2 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by jmurphy139 View Post
    New York awarded their's last week as our department received $118,000 for solar panel project.
    Way to go Joe!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Thanks Kurt but I can't take credit for this one. The village applied for it on their own.

Forum Member

Solar in Upstate NY??? That sounds like gov't logic.

Forum Member

Got the grant $9250 (50%) of project. Replace furnace, 2x unit heaters in bay, 2x refrigerators, gas demand water heater, all the florscent lighting with high Eff, both overhead doors with high eff. All 30yr old and need replace.

BUT the 23page "contract" from the marxist big gov types prepared is obscene. They miss the day about equitable contracts. Very Obama like. For example - Weekly and monthly payroll reports to be supplied by contractors to us and then submit to state, must get US origin statements from supplier of anything with steel (must be US), 5yr review period, and on and on an on. AND all contractors must sign same 23page contract. Mr Electrician I have a $1500 project but you have to sign this 23page contract with bid. I'm not bending over for that response.

I'm seeing 50hr of my time to admin. this thing. I think need to pull the plug and tell them to GTH.

Thread Information