1. #26
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    The April date pool is filling up fast.

    Here is what is TAKEN in April 9,12,15,16,17,19,22,23,26,28,30

    Here is what is Taken in May 3,4,7,26,

    Here is what is Taken in June 1,20

    All I can say is, I have a sinking feeling about the opening date for 2010 AFG. The sooner the better, but am told some area of AFG is the main reason why the delays are being encountered, everywhere. Closeouts, 1199s, remember when the awards were to be done in 4 rounds (only 70 last round) and begin before Christmas then New Years?. No DJs yet.

    I keep talking about it in hopes that I can be wrong about the starting date, but why couldn't the last year for AFG's opening period end on Dec. 31st?

  2. #27
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northwest PA
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Ok, Give me April 6th

  3. #28
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    At this point, I hope they wait until the end of April. That way I can avoid having to go on a working vacation.

  4. #29
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    121

    Default

    okay then the 18th!

  5. #30
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    At this point, I hope they wait until the end of April. That way I can avoid having to go on a working vacation.
    I thought the fire service was your avocation? That is your vacation. Pick a date this time.

    SRLFD448 has April 18th and shinds has selected April 6th.

  6. #31
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I will take april 7th

  7. #32
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I thought the fire service was your avocation? That is your vacation. Pick a date this time.

    SRLFD448 has April 18th and shinds has selected April 6th.
    May 10th... my lucky day.
    Last edited by onebugle; 03-31-2010 at 03:19 PM.

  8. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Jam I was going to choose june 11 because its my birthday but I have a feeling about May. Or am I confused with "Horah Horah its the first of May outdoor screaming begins today"? HAHA

  9. #34
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    Jam I was going to choose june 11 because its my birthday but I have a feeling about May. Or am I confused with "Horah Horah its the first of May outdoor screaming begins today"? HAHA
    I am never going to make fun of your feelings about AFG dates again. May looks good actually. I have the day before yours.

    onebugle selects May 10th.

  10. #35
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dfd701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama USofA
    Posts
    321

    Default

    First day of June and thatís begin optimistic.

  11. #36
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I'm for April 14

  12. #37
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    First day of June and thatís begin optimistic.
    Sorry Kenneth. Firebill911 has June first if thats what you meant. Good to have you back!

    hinesfire has selected May 14th.

  13. #38
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ENG5TRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Munhall, Pa
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I'll take June 4th

  14. #39
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Prize update everyone!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ENG5TRK View Post
    I'll take June 4th
    IFDMichael is donating a prize to the winner! Including freight.


    ENG5TRK has selected June4th.

    (Did you hear the poster here who got his 1199 and 10's today with a demand to respond by 6pm today?)

    That is interesting.

  15. #40
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    I was forwarded an email this morning that "alledged" contained information from an internal FEMA memo that the 2010 AFG grant process would open April 5. Not sure if it meant the guidance would be released or the taking of applications would start.

  16. #41
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    I was forwarded an email this morning that "alledged" contained information from an internal FEMA memo that the 2010 AFG grant process would open April 5. Not sure if it meant the guidance would be released or the taking of applications would start.
    I would suspect the PG will drop on April 5th with the opening on April 12th.

  17. #42
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    I would suspect the PG will drop on April 5th with the opening on April 12th.
    I knew this would surface and good idea from where.

    Jeff, This should make you very happy. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

  18. #43
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dfd701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alabama USofA
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Ok jam I will take June 2 if that hasnít been taken. By the way what do we win? A free seat in one of Kurtís classes sounds good. What do you all think? Kurt said he will pay for everything plane ride included. Itís good to be back to aggravate everyone. Got spanked over on the Program Guidance Thread right off the bat but thatís alright just getting started. Hey I missed you guys. I often ask my daughter how she can stay online talking to her friends so much. I guess I am doing the same thing.

  19. #44
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Ok jam I will take June 2 if that hasnít been taken. By the way what do we win? A free seat in one of Kurtís classes sounds good. What do you all think? Kurt said he will pay for everything plane ride included. Itís good to be back to aggravate everyone. Got spanked over on the Program Guidance Thread right off the bat but thatís alright just getting started. Hey I missed you guys. I often ask my daughter how she can stay online talking to her friends so much. I guess I am doing the same thing.
    Nice try dfd701; me thinks NOT!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  20. #45
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    AFG delayed another week until at least April 12th.

  21. #46
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    AFG delayed another week until at least April 12th.
    Darn could have stayed in Hawaii another week!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  22. #47
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Darn could have stayed in Hawaii another week!
    Hawaii, the South Pacific. Probably teaching in the Mariannas again. Shooting stingrays to sell as clam meat or whatever.

    I wondered why there was an eary Typhoon advisory.....

  23. #48
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Hawaii, the South Pacific. Probably teaching in the Mariannas again. Shooting stingrays to sell as clam meat or whatever.

    I wondered why there was an eary Typhoon advisory.....
    I beleive you meant shooting stingrays to sell as "scallops" not clam meat. I was in Marshall Islands not CNMI and I can tell you, that is not a place that I would relish going back to unless you like living in third world conditions like Haiti. Now the 4 days R&R in Hawaii was absolutley everything I hoped it would be ( Haneuma Bay will be in my memories forever). Got my headcleared and ready to roll for 2010 AFG season. In the words of Montgomery Gentry, Bring it on!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  24. #49
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    I beleive you meant shooting stingrays to sell as "scallops" not clam meat. I was in Marshall Islands not CNMI and I can tell you, that is not a place that I would relish going back to unless you like living in third world conditions like Haiti. Now the 4 days R&R in Hawaii was absolutley everything I hoped it would be ( Haneuma Bay will be in my memories forever). Got my headcleared and ready to roll for 2010 AFG season. In the words of Montgomery Gentry, Bring it on!
    Scallops! That's what I meant. Those steamed clams in Tampa still have my seafaring diet memory scattered somewhat.

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,586

    Talking

    If you were eating steamers in Florida, you don't want to know where they came from.

    If you want real seafood come here for a visit and we'll take you down to the dock where you can get it fresh from the boat. Not fakes , just the REAL thing! :-}

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 05-27-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 11:35 AM
  2. FYI in CA
    By hootman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 10:20 AM
  4. Lake Wales Fla--Child Rescued from pool survives.
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 08:50 AM
  5. Interagency Fire Apprenticeship Training Program
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2002, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register