Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    I was forwarded an email this morning that "alledged" contained information from an internal FEMA memo that the 2010 AFG grant process would open April 5. Not sure if it meant the guidance would be released or the taking of applications would start.
    I would suspect the PG will drop on April 5th with the opening on April 12th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    I would suspect the PG will drop on April 5th with the opening on April 12th.
    I knew this would surface and good idea from where.

Jeff, This should make you very happy. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

Ok jam I will take June 2 if that hasnít been taken. By the way what do we win? A free seat in one of Kurtís classes sounds good. What do you all think? Kurt said he will pay for everything plane ride included. Itís good to be back to aggravate everyone. Got spanked over on the Program Guidance Thread right off the bat but thatís alright just getting started. Hey I missed you guys. I often ask my daughter how she can stay online talking to her friends so much. I guess I am doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Ok jam I will take June 2 if that hasnít been taken. By the way what do we win? A free seat in one of Kurtís classes sounds good. What do you all think? Kurt said he will pay for everything plane ride included. Itís good to be back to aggravate everyone. Got spanked over on the Program Guidance Thread right off the bat but thatís alright just getting started. Hey I missed you guys. I often ask my daughter how she can stay online talking to her friends so much. I guess I am doing the same thing.
    Nice try dfd701; me thinks NOT!LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

AFG delayed another week until at least April 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    AFG delayed another week until at least April 12th.
    Darn could have stayed in Hawaii another week!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Darn could have stayed in Hawaii another week!
    Hawaii, the South Pacific. Probably teaching in the Mariannas again. Shooting stingrays to sell as clam meat or whatever.

I wondered why there was an eary Typhoon advisory.....

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Hawaii, the South Pacific. Probably teaching in the Mariannas again. Shooting stingrays to sell as clam meat or whatever.

I wondered why there was an eary Typhoon advisory.....
    I beleive you meant shooting stingrays to sell as "scallops" not clam meat. I was in Marshall Islands not CNMI and I can tell you, that is not a place that I would relish going back to unless you like living in third world conditions like Haiti. Now the 4 days R&R in Hawaii was absolutley everything I hoped it would be ( Haneuma Bay will be in my memories forever). Got my headcleared and ready to roll for 2010 AFG season. In the words of Montgomery Gentry, Bring it on!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I beleive you meant shooting stingrays to sell as "scallops" not clam meat. I was in Marshall Islands not CNMI and I can tell you, that is not a place that I would relish going back to unless you like living in third world conditions like Haiti. Now the 4 days R&R in Hawaii was absolutley everything I hoped it would be ( Haneuma Bay will be in my memories forever). Got my headcleared and ready to roll for 2010 AFG season. In the words of Montgomery Gentry, Bring it on!
    Scallops! That's what I meant. Those steamed clams in Tampa still have my seafaring diet memory scattered somewhat.

Talking

If you were eating steamers in Florida, you don't want to know where they came from.

If you want real seafood come here for a visit and we'll take you down to the dock where you can get it fresh from the boat. Not fakes , just the REAL thing! :-}

Forum Member

Red face Update and runaway lobsters

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    If you were eating steamers in Florida, you don't want to know where they came from.

If you want real seafood come here for a visit and we'll take you down to the dock where you can get it fresh from the boat. Not fakes , just the REAL thing! :-}
    Last time I had seafood in the northeast, I gottem at Logan. It wasn't until 40 minutes later when I looked down and everyone of those lobsters had escaped from under my seat. Felt like an idiot having to search through that 767 for runaway lobsters.

Here is what is taken in April. 6,7,9,12,15,16,17,18,19,22,23, 26,28,30

Here is what is taken in May 3,7,10,14,26,

Here is what is taken in June 1, 2, 4, (11,admpaul), 20

dfd701 has selected June 2nd.

Talking

Trust me when I say that any lobster caught at logan airport had been out of the ocean for weeks. no wonder they wanted to escape and get back to the "hood" Thats just like eating steak from an old milk cow thats been put down cause she's too old to produce milk any more. TOUGH !!!!

Forum Member

Getting off topic here, but I used to striper fish in Boston Harbor just between Logan and Deer Island. The black mussels you dredge up on your anchor right there are the biggest and healthiest in the world, but if you eat one you'd better have your hep series up-to-date. That's because they eat the discharge from those big round pods you see on Deer Island when you're taking off from Logan...the city sewage treatment plant.

Yum! Islandfire03 you and I need to have a discussion about how you can set me up to do that very thing later this year!
    Kurt Bradley

Smile fresh from the ocean

The best seafood I had was a few years ago when I went to New Zealand. My friend took me out deep sea fishing and I managed to catch 4 snappers (first time fishing too!). Dinner was sooo good. There is nothing like catching it fresh and having it on your dinner plate a few hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by cheffie View Post
    The best seafood I had was a few years ago when I went to New Zealand. My friend took me out deep sea fishing and I managed to catch 4 snappers (first time fishing too!). Dinner was sooo good. There is nothing like catching it fresh and having it on your dinner plate a few hours later.
    Boy howdy are oyu right there Cheffie. Recently I was in the Marshall Islands and watched my Ahi tuna be unloaded from the boat, straight to the kitchen, and from the grill right to my table. MMMMMHHHHH! Delectable! The next night it was frsh MahiMahi caught that day.
    Kurt Bradley

Talking

Yum! Islandfire03 you and I need to have a discussion about how you can set me up to do that very thing later this year!
    You let me know when your going to be in the neighborhood & I'll take you right down to the dock where you can pick your lobsters right out of the crate. Scallop & shrimp season just ended, but the freshest clams in the world are dug right here in the mud surrounding our islands. I've come home and found a fresh dug peck sitting on my porch as a thank you from a patients family. Rumor has it the Halibut are coming back in numbers and there's nothing better than a fresh caught 2" Halibut steak on the grill along with the cold beverage of your choice of course. :-}

Man you all are making me hungry!!! The last time I eat at Red Lobster I had grilled Halibut. First time I tried it and it want be the last. It was great with hot butter on it. Oh Man! You was talking about not knowing were your seafood come from Alabama has a law that the point of origin must be on the package. I think we are the only state to do that but if you eat at an restrant you don't have a clue.

Talking

An interesting factoid: In the state of Maine where the majority of American Lobsters come from there are NO ,not one Red Lobster restaurants. They know they can't compete with the local lobster shacks.
    Many of you are eating imported Canadian lobsters that are pounded for months until the market needs them. The longer they are held in a pound the tougher the meat.

MembersZone Subscriber

I see you guys have turned this into a lobster fest. Well in WI we have fish fry fridays.

Thread Information