Forum Member

Question Question on Closing out last years grant

I took over the grant writing for my dept. a little while back and I have a question about closing out a grant from last year.

My end of the period grant report is due. I don't think that there is any money that wasn't used and to my knowledge there are no outstanding bills.

When I go to the grant portal on AFG's website, it says that I am unable to send the report because I need to return funds.

Does it say this because the last report hasn't been done yet, or because there is a problem. Our period end date isn't until May and I was under the impression that I had 90 days after that date to complete the closeout section...... some one help me out.
    JOHN 15:13

ISAIAH 43:2

1st Asst. Chief Ray Johns

FF/NREMT-B

Marion Volunteer Fire Department

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LtJohns355 View Post
    I took over the grant writing for my dept. a little while back and I have a question about closing out a grant from last year.

My end of the period grant report is due. I don't think that there is any money that wasn't used and to my knowledge there are no outstanding bills.

When I go to the grant portal on AFG's website, it says that I am unable to send the report because I need to return funds.

Does it say this because the last report hasn't been done yet, or because there is a problem. Our period end date isn't until May and I was under the impression that I had 90 days after that date to complete the closeout section...... some one help me out.
    There have been ongoing issues with the Closeout system. Just verify the info you put in and check the "Manage Grant" and verify in the request funds that all funds have been requested and approved. Should have a 0 balance for fed funds. The inability to closeout the grant will not affect you on being awarded another grant. Contact your GMS and inform them of the issue; they will advise you on what to do.....which most likely will wait until they correct the issues.

Forum Member

Yes I would call them. Just two days ago I got a payment request denied because they said I still needed to finish my closeout. Two days before that I got $51,000 for another different award. It didn't make sense. I called one of the AFG personnel who informed me that yes my closeout was complete and in order. She then said to resubmit and include her name in the payment request, because they are having problems with the closeout process. I had heard earlier from AFG that that section of AFG is main reason for all the delays in the process.

I have been having closeout complications since late August.

Thread Information