Forum Member

Default NYFD Ladder Company 2: Airline Pilot Falsely Posing As One Of Your Own

Calling all members of the NYFD, specifically the NYFD Ladder 2 of Manhattan:

Within the last week the Air Line Pilot Association (ALPA) union published in their April 2010 member magazine (which was distributed to over 53,000 members) an article on an American Eagle airline pilot named TIMOTHY J. MARTINS who, among other verified false claims, has made claims to be a member of NYFD Ladder Company 2. In the article he also claimed to be an F-16 fighter pilot in the New Jersey Air National Guard as well as a Paramedic for New York City. Both of these claims have been since verified as false. As a result MULTIPLE military and airline forums numbering in excess of ten have begun threads on this individual and more and more of his lies have surfaced.

He does claim to be a volunteer of the Nesconset Fire Department, which does appear to be true, however.

The severity of his blatant false claims has led to both the ALPA and his employer beginning an investigation into this individual. In the meantime it appears as though he has been suspended from his duties with pay.

Attached below are scans of the original published article. Please read them.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...3&id=213500296

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...d=520047385846

Also, below is a link to the military forum that broke the story and continues to discuss this issue.

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums.../page__st__160

The question I have for you is: Is this individual indeed a member of Ladder 2? Is he even a Firefighter for NY? Or is it another one of his lies that is greatly disrespectful of Firefighters everywhere and the great service to their country?

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by AEPilot; 04-01-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Forum Member

That entire resume sounds extremely exxagerated. If it's all true, the guy is amazing. But i seriously doubt it is.

Forum Member
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 04-01-2010 at 08:41 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

How sad this individual is and how disrespectful this person is with his false claims. He obviously needs help and he needs to be kept out of the fire service for life. Someone as sick as this could escalate his need to be admired by setting a fire and trying to make a rescue for self-aggrandizement. We have heard of these scenarios before, they always fail and someone innocent always gets hurt or killed.

Forum Member

Great meter! How do I get one?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Add him to the list with Donna and Doug Copp....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

I checked the NR website... there are no Tim or Timothy Martin's listed as Nationally Registered EMTS/Paramedics in NJ or NY. There are 2 in Florida.

Timothy C. Martin and Timothy I. Martin. Not sure what this guys last name is, but there you go.

I'm about halfway through the posts on the linked forum. Amazing.

Forum Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/a...#ixzz0jrTcslED

Looks like he got himself suspended from his flying job. Not to worry, he'll just be able to pick up some overtime at FDNY.

Thread Information