Forum Member

Default Santa Rosa Fire Dept 2010

Hey everyone, I noticed nothing has been posted regarding the recent testing for Firefighter in the city of Santa Rosa, so I decided to start a thread. How does everyone feel about the test? I heard that they are expecting a lot of retirements coming up soon!! Lets hope for some jobs!!

i tested too. i sort of got the feeling that they weren't expecting as many applicants as they thought. the last time they tested they only had 3 or 4 hundred, compared to 1100. should be interesting to see how things turn out. i don't know how the other days were but so many people showed up with graphing calculators that they decided to change the rules last minute and allow them (which are programmable). which in my opinion isn't fair testing practice, to those who had normal calculators.

Forum Member

ya i noticed a bunch of guys with big fancy calculators, while i had my 99 cent store one!! that explained how they zipped through the math portion, pretty ridiculous. I was shocked they allowed us to have calculators, let alone those ones. i feel pretty good about the test though, hopefully around 90% or so, but i dont know if that'll be enough to continue. I am from san bernardino county, and i could use a change in scenery, so im crossin my fingers for a shot up there- it was a beautiful area.

Forum Member

Did they mention anything about the number of lateral applicants they recieved?

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like they originally had 9 positions available which are being cut to 6. They have 3 prevention personel who are training to switch over so that leaves 3 positions for everyone who tested. Last time they hired they hired %50 medics and %50 EMTs. No idea if the prevention people are medics but I doubt it. Sorry if thats not the most optomistic news but it came from someone within the department.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwraider View Post
    Sounds like they originally had 9 positions available which are being cut to 6. They have 3 prevention personel who are training to switch over so that leaves 3 positions for everyone who tested. Last time they hired they hired %50 medics and %50 EMTs. No idea if the prevention people are medics but I doubt it. Sorry if thats not the most optomistic news but it came from someone within the department.
    6 is better then 0 and just because the prevention guys are training, that does not mean they will leave their current positions.

Forum Member

has anyone heard back yet as to whether or not they will be getting an interview? or where they ranked on the written?

Forum Member

Nothing to post
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 04-10-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Nothing to post for them.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information