Forum Member

Default Not Duke, anybody but Duke!

Gag a maggot. I have never pulled so hard for a team like Butler in my life. There were 64 other teams in the tournament I'd have preferred to see win over Duke--and that includes Louisville.

The committee gave them a cupcake path to the final four. I krzure wikrz somebody could have beaten them.

This is krzitty.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Yes DUKE!!!

You just mad as I was when the Wildcats lost out!
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 04-06-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

With John Calipari coaching UK?Bull sheeeet.
    He cheated University of Memphis out of the best season they'd had in living memory and then he and the cheater who shall remain Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls skipped off to better paying jobs leaving the University to pay the penalty exacted by the NCAA.
    I still root for the Wildcats because the day I started working in Paducah,Ashley Judd showed up in the paper wearing nothing but UK blue nail polish and a Wildcats hockey team jersey.
    Because of what the new basketball coach did at his previous two schools,I refuse to root for the basketball team until the get rid of him.He's going to screw them over just as he did twice before and I don't see why he's being given a third chance at it.
    Last edited by doughesson; 04-06-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Forum Member

I'm mostly still mad from 1992 when Kentucky's Aminu Timberlake fell down and got stomped by Christian Laettner. Laettner should have been ejected. It was a far more flagrant foul than a lot of the chippy BS that got whistled on DeMarcus Cousins this year.

The refs sucked, the selection committee sucked, and a 96-team tournament would super-suck. A 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed in 102 attempts; why add 17 through 24 seeds? Apart from money?
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    With John Calipari coaching UK?Bull sheeeet.
    He cheated University of Memphis out of the best season they'd had in living memory and then he and the cheater who shall remain Derrick Rose of the Chcago Bulls skipped off to better paying jobs leaving the University to pay the penalty exacted by the NCAA.
    I still root for the Wildcats because the day I started working in Paducah,Ashley Judd showed up in the paper wearing nothing but UK blue nail polish and a Wildcats hockey team jersey.
    Because of what the new basketball coach did at his previous two schools,I refuse to root for the basketball team until the get rid of him.He's going to screw them over just as he did twice before and I don't see why he's being given a third chance at it.
    The NCAA clearinghouse cleared Rose, then turned around and said he was NOT eligible. How is that Calipari's fault? The NCAA never implicated Calipari in any way, shape, or form on the SAT thing.

He had far less motivation to try something like that than did his family and potential future agents/family members/hangers on. Calipari got one year of ball from him and could have gotten somebody else if Rose hadn't qualified. The family et al could not get any NBA money until they found some way to get the guy through one year of college. Who's got a bigger motive?

Pitino had a violation at Hawaii years ago. Sutton buried UK and waltzed off to OK State scot free, even with the hip flask he came with. Brooks had problems at Oregon before UK. It happens all over the place, unfortunately; were he not a media darling, Coach K would have been hanged at Duke over the Maggette thing.

Too many AAU coaches, crooked advisors, greedy agents, and money-crazy family members. The coaches generally do their best, but they can't control 300 million people.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information