MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up Sophistication At Its Near Best

Abbotsford cops raid "James Bond" style drug and gun compound

By Rafe Arnott, Canwest News Service April 6, 2010

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. — Abbotsford police have arrested two men after uncovering a multi-million-dollar marijuana growing operation and large ammunition cache hidden under a barn with a James Bond-like retractable concrete floor.

A 48-year-old Abbotsford man and a 31-year-old Mission man are facing production, possession and trafficking charges.

Members of the Municipal Integrated Emergency Response Team, Abbotsford police and the RCMP executed two simultaneous warrants on Thursday on a sprawling property in Abbotsford and on a home in Mission.

Police suspect the grow-op had been in operation for several years, and was capable of producing more than 300 kilograms of marijuana a year.

Abbotsford police Sgt. Dave Schmirler said the underground bunker featured motion sensors and surveillance equipment along with advanced construction techniques.

“In my experience, this was probably the most sophisticated grow operation I’ve seen or am aware of in Abbotsford,” he said.

“The retractable floor had a concrete top on it, and in the up position was practically (unnoticeable). It was like an invisible door when it went down.

“Like in Raiders of the Lost Ark,” he said.

Schmirler said the facility was several thousand square feet in size, featured an automated watering and lighting system and housed more than 1,750 plants with a substantial quantity of dried product also on site.

Several rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition were also seized in the raid, which Schmirler described as part of larger, ongoing operation.

With marijuana production almost exclusively controlled by organized crime, Schmirler said the investigation is ongoing and detectives had not conclusively linked the men arrested to either the Red Scorpions or the United Nations gang.

Abbotsford Times

© Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/health/...#ixzz0kPbcx34y

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd like to see video/photo's of the setup.
    FF-II/EMT-B/Incident Safety Officer/Photographer
    Lancaster Fire Department
    First run area (Fire): Lancaster, NH & Guildhall, VT (84.3 Sq Miles)
    First run area (Ambulance): Lancaster & Jefferson, NH; Gilman, Guildhall & Lunenberg, VT (185.1 Sq Miles)

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWert View Post
    I'd like to see video/photo's of the setup.
    Ya, me too. Unfortunately, not even photos were provided.

Forum Member

We had a couple of blokes here hide shipping containers under the mounds of sawdust at a saw mill. All the electricity from the hydroponic setup was assimilated into the mill and no one was any the wiser until a stickybeak asked why there was a power cord running into a pile of sawdust

Forum Member

I guess they weren't careful enough.Memphis Light,Gas and "Robbery" advises the police when a house uses "too much" electricity for its size,resulting in numerous pot farm busts.
    I doubt I'd ever become a drug addict.I don't want my high to depend on "Skeeter" with a can of paint thinner or some plants between the rows of his corn.I'll stick with fermented adult beverages.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuRat View Post
    We had a couple of blokes here hide shipping containers under the mounds of sawdust at a saw mill. All the electricity from the hydroponic setup was assimilated into the mill and no one was any the wiser until a stickybeak asked why there was a power cord running into a pile of sawdust

Thread Information