Forum Member

Arrow AED Grant Narrative

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for some guidence for a AED Grant. If anyone has a narrative they would like to share please feel free to email me a copy

afpd34@hotmail.com

Also has anyone had any experience with the Zoll AutoPulseŽ
    http://www.zoll.com/medical-products...ump/autopulse/

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AFPD34 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking for some guidence for a AED Grant. If anyone has a narrative they would like to share please feel free to email me a copy

afpd34@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Check your email.

Forum Member

Thank You Sir

Forum Member

onebugle could you send me a copy of that aed narrative as well. Thanks

jhayes141@gmail.com

Forum Member

Talking

Hey guys,

afpd34@hotmail.com

Thanks
    We are a Zoll Department
    Our AED's & monitors are Zoll And we were the first dept. in the state to have an Autopulse 4 years ago. I managed to get most of them funded through various community and foundation grants . I found a couple of our customers that wanted to help us and had family members with cardiac historys. Then I approached them about getting together and helping us raise enough money to buy AED's for our EMT's jump bags and the Autopuslse for the ambulance. We already had purchased an M-series monitor/defib for our ambulance.

One of the selling points on the Zoll AED's is their use of generic batteries that can be bought anywhere versus the proprietary battery packs that must be bought from other manufacturers. cost to replace the 10 batteries at the local radio shack / staples/wallmart
    $45.00 price for a pack for a lifepack AED battery over $100.00 even buying from the discount catalogs.

The Autopulse is something that in my humble opinion is going to help us in many ways. It is a machine that only does one thing and does it well :good quality un-interupted CPR compressions. the AHA recommendations are to just do good compressions fast and hard.
    It allows us to work on all the others things that need to be done during a code while it rhythmically does the compressions.
    It also allows them to be done while traveling down the road towards the hospital and lets the crew be seated and belted during a code. we have a minimum 30 minute ride to nearest hospital so it allows us to run acls enroute and not put crewdogs at risk.

Forum Member

Hey , could i get one too? Also looking for TIC nar.
    My emailed is rhoskins@frenchtownfiredept.org
    Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Can I have a sample narrative also? volfireman034@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Thanks
    Zoll has, or had, a demo program that you could demo the AutoPulse for a year while you try to find the funding to purchase them. We have had four for about a year now and also have the LUCAS system on demo. Our crews seem to prefer the LUCAS system. The AutoPulse is heavier and bulkier than LUCAS but you can integrate the AutoPulse with an E Series monitor. You can purchase AutoPulse bands that have pads built into them and connect the E Series directly to the AutoPulse instead of the pads. The monitor will deliver shocks between compressions and you don't have to stop compressions to analyze with the see-through CPR feature. Since the AutoPulse is bulkier and heavier, our crews would wait until they got the patient out to the trucks before they would place the device on, usually after 15 - 20 minutes of in house treatment and CPR. The only major downside we found with the AutoPulse is the cost of the disposable CPR bands. The Standard bands are about $125 and the bands with the pads are around $180. In any given year, the disposable bands would cost us between $10,000 and $15,000, not to mention the cost of replacing batteries and any maintenance issues after the warranty expires.

The LUCAS is lighter and more compact. Our crews have been carrying this device into the homes and placing it on patients immediately. It doesn't have any disposable bands and is available in a battery or compressed air (oxygen) powered version. The back of the device is curved and is awkward when placed on a regular spine board so our crews have started using a scoop stretcher when deploying the device.

Both systems work exceptionally well and are extremely easy to set-up and use. They are priced similarly but the AutoPulse integrates perfectly with our Zoll monitors and software suites. The only stumbling block for use is the cost to operate the AutoPulse.

MembersZone Subscriber

GratefulEd, volfireman034, rands1 & sixfortyone; check your emails.

Forum Member

Thanks Andy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you very much

Forum Member

Smile AED Narrative

Onebugle,

Sir can I also have a copy of your AED narrative? We need to seek fund to support buying two AED's.

aelefante@endeavorems.org

Thanks.

Forum Member

Default Auto Pulse

We have two zoll auto pulses. I have to say they work great. It frees up your hands and allows you to begin IV access and intubation. We have increased our full arrest survival rate since we got them three years ago.

Thanks.

Thread Information