Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Salt Lake City Fire Department Test...

I just got my letter to test in Salt Lake City in May. Does anyone know which test they give? CPS, CWH, FireTeam/Ergometrics? I test well, but hate the FireTeam test (it's the only test I've ever failed), so I want to figure out if it's worth my while to make the trip or to spend my money on another trip.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good question, but I hope its not CPS or CWH. I have taken each test once and in my opinion, those tests are the most ridiculous tests that I have ever taken.

Forum Member

Any other information on this department or test would be greatly appreciated. I don't know much about this department, and want to see if I should spend the time and money to test there.

Forum Member

Default study guides?

Does anyone know if there are study guides for these tests? If those are the tests. Sometimes just asking human resources works.

I just realized that I completely forgot about this test. I was so worried/focused on my Portland stuff, that this completely slipped my mind.

So frustrated right now. SLC is definitely a top 5 job for me. And I live right here in the city.

Hope everyone that took the test did well!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Next Step

Does anyone remember what the week was that the lady said the next phase would be, assuming you were in the top 100? Can't remember. Thanks Yall

Forum Member

Default heard back

You should probably hear this week, i recieved my letter today I am going on to the B-pad in june. Pretty stoked i think there was around 900 applicants they took the top 103 i got a 91% took another civil service exam in idaho falls a couple weeks ago and got a 80% go figure

Forum Member

From what I remember SLC HR said that they'd be sending out letters around the 21st. So some of us will have a longer wait than others. I think the BPAD is the next step if you're selected.

Forum Member

If you're moving on you should have heard by now. I live in Montana and my letter was on my doorstep this morning when I got in from work.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bpad

Anyone have any ideas as to what to expect for the BPAD? I read it was videotaped. Do I wear a cheeky little suit and look pretty?

Forum Member

Anyone on here know about SLC FD, outside of what is on there Union website or the City website?

It'd be great to know about their fire ground tactics, how traditional they are/aren't, how they handle medical calls, what the department morale/pride is like, how much fire they see, things like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default BPAD Results

Does anyone know when we will get our BPAD results? I was invited to the CPAT but don't know what that means. Thanks

tbt
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by frankbarnes166 View Post
    Does anyone know when we will get our BPAD results? I was invited to the CPAT but don't know what that means. Thanks
    Got the letter today. Check your mailbox. Sounds like commission will certify list next week and then CPAT 8/7.

Anyone else get a letter?

MembersZone Subscriber

Got mine too. Pretty Pumped!! From the letter it sounds like they are planning on hiring a bunch, no?

tbt
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by frankbarnes166 View Post
    Got mine too. Pretty Pumped!! From the letter it sounds like they are planning on hiring a bunch, no?
    Not sure how to take it. I was trying to search and finf info on numbers of positions, etc, but am coming up empty. Will see soon I guess.

Forum Member

No idea. I am moving on, but I'm not in a great position... Of course that all depends on how many people they're actually going to hire. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on that out there and I have no idea how large Classes are with SLCFD. I've seen classes of less than 5 people in the past, but that was years (3) ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Heard Anything?

Anyone out in UT heard anything about how high they may go on this list? Rumors, I know but it'd be nice to at least know something.

Forum Member

Is there anyone out there that has any information about this or is high on SLC list? Just following up. Bueller?
    Last edited by Adam_Smith; 12-12-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Forum Member

Is there anyone out there that know anything about SLC's hiring going on? Bueller Bueller.

Forum Member

Did anyone else get their interest cards in for the test this coming May 2012? I will be flying out from California to take the test, looking forward to the process. Any other takers?

Thread Information