Forum Member

Default Why is this guy still here???

ScareCrow57: I mean really I have seen trolls before but not like this guy. No matter what the subject he acts like he knows everything when he knows nothing. He is also a self claimed expert in everything. He also seems to prove he is not really a firefighter. If he is I just hope I don't live in his fire protection district.

I have even put him on ignore and I can't seem to get away from him. From people quoting him. I still end up reading his troll posts.

So I ask you all please stop feeding the troll he will lose interest and walk away if he has no one to read his bull.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Hey tipys... Are you really afraid of a differing point of view?

Why don't you just say what you mean and keep the personal attacks out of it.

What would you do if you couldn't express your opinion and exercise your freedom of speech because someone thought you shouldn't? What if someone attempted to silence you? Did someone appoint you the leader of the thought patrol?

Here is an idea... put me on ignore too and ask everyone to go along with you. Let me know how that works out for you.

Pardon me while I express my right of expression. I may or may not agree with what you want to say, but I will defend your right to say it.

I don't have to agree with everything I read here in these forums, but it sure doesn't hurt me to understand anothers point of view. If it is so painful for you, just take a deep breath and slowly exhale. You'll feel better in the morning.

Be careful what you wish for my friend. We are all in a tiny boat together. If we begin to silence the voices that we do not agree with, what will be our final fate?
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Be careful what you wish for my friend. We are all in a tiny boat together. If we begin to silence the voices that we do not agree with, what will be our final fate?
    Well said.

the 4-1-4

Great post; the only thing is, is that this web site is a private entity, not government. Freedom of speech on here is not guaranteed by the constitution. The owners may ban, prohibit or otherwise prevent any postings they want to, and we all agree to that by joining.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    ScareCrow57: I mean really I have seen trolls before but not like this guy. No matter what the subject he acts like he knows everything when he knows nothing. He is also a self claimed expert in everything. He also seems to prove he is not really a firefighter. If he is I just hope I don't live in his fire protection district.

I have even put him on ignore and I can't seem to get away from him. From people quoting him. I still end up reading his troll posts.

So I ask you all please stop feeding the troll he will lose interest and walk away if he has no one to read his bull.

Right now he is suspended for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default correct

Jasper45 and PaladinKnight are correct on this. It is private and they can ban and send you to the showers for awhile.....just ask Bou and George.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Wink

Plus if he doesn't shape up and walk the thin line, he will be like Bro, gone for ever.

I still think he has been in here before as Hottrotter and others screen neames that were booted!!

Forum Member

Hey tipys... Are you really afraid of a differing point of view?

Why don't you just say what you mean and keep the personal attacks out of it.

What would you do if you couldn't express your opinion and exercise your freedom of speech because someone thought you shouldn't? What if someone attempted to silence you? Did someone appoint you the leader of the thought patrol?

Here is an idea... put me on ignore too and ask everyone to go along with you. Let me know how that works out for you.

Pardon me while I express my right of expression. I may or may not agree with what you want to say, but I will defend your right to say it.

I don't have to agree with everything I read here in these forums, but it sure doesn't hurt me to understand anothers point of view. If it is so painful for you, just take a deep breath and slowly exhale. You'll feel better in the morning.

Oh don't get it twisted I respect others veiws and options. As long as they are not close minded know it alls.

Calling a troll a troll is not a personal attack. Its just stating a fact. I have only been her a short while. All Scarecrow does is start ****. No matter what the subject is and becomes a self claimed expert. He is bringing down the quality of this forum. I have already seen others banned for less.
    RIP Hela

Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Oh don't get it twisted I respect others veiws and options. As long as they are not close minded know it alls.

Calling a troll a troll is not a personal attack. Its just stating a fact. I have only been her a short while. All Scarecrow does is start ****. No matter what the subject is and becomes a self claimed expert. He is bringing down the quality of this forum. I have already seen others banned for less.
    So Tipys, just how long have you been a fireman and what is your experience?

Most of these folks, save a few as scarecrow and la fire educator which don't cut it anyway and all they have is the talk and not the walk. All others have serve there time in departments, seen more and done more than some who are on this site.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    So Tipys, just how long have you been a fireman and what is your experience?

Most of these folks, save a few as scarecrow and la fire educator which don't cut it anyway and all they have is the talk and not the walk. All others have serve there time in departments, seen more and done more than some who are on this site.
    Oh I am just a recruit right now. But I don't see how that is relevant. I don't claim to be an expert an anything. I am here to gain information and learn what I can from the guys that have been around. If someone ask a question about the little bit I know. I will try and help them out too.
    RIP Hela

Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Silencing opossing views

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
    and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)
    "My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea." - Tommy Douglas 1961.

Tender 9 - old, slow, ugly, cantankerous, reliable!

All empires fall, you just have to know where to push

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Right now he is suspended for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Out of curiosity, do you know what he did?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by edpmedic View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you know what he did?
    Not postive but probably something of what he has said and a few reported him...

Forum Member

I hear what you are trying to say, but I am not buying it.

And I don't think I twisted anything.

You speak of close-minded know it alls... Aren't you being just a bit close-minded?

You state that all "HE" does is start ****. Isn't your post doing that?

You state "HE" is a self claimed expert. I only read a man's 'strong' opinion, but I have also read where he states many times he does not have personal experience on many things.

You state that "HE" is bringing down the quality of the forums. I think it is post like yours that lower our bar in respect to integrity, morality and respect.

As far as seeing people banned for less... what is it you mean? In respect to what? I have seen members banned for not playing well with others. Could it be that describes you since you don't want to play well with your target?

Please understand... I don't like what you stated. I don't think you have the right to attack a guy just because you don't like what he is or what he thinks. Do you believe you have the right to cause subversion and arrange a hanging? Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

Having said that... just because I don't like what you stated, I will defend your right to hold your beliefs. But I will also challenge your words and beliefs when I believe they are meant to cause harm or incite anger.

There is a thing called respect. It isn't a hard concept when you think about it. It just means you treat others the way you wish to be treated. When you lack respect for others, you are likely to get back the same lack of respect towards yourself.

But far be it from me to try to change your mind on this. I am merely pointing out that you will get alot further in life thinking for yourself, always doing the right thing, and having respect for others.

I apologize if you beleive I am loading up and shooting at you. That is not my intent sir. Since you are very new in this business, call it constructive critism. I wish you well in your opportunity as a firefighter. I just want to try to remind you why you wanted to become one.

And by the way... despite your age, lack of training, lack of knowledge for the job, lack of experience and words you write.... I still respect you.

If the chips were down I would expect that we would cover each others back, even if I might be a bit nervous about your experience. But I would give you the chance to do the right thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

If the chips were down I would expect that we would cover each others back, even if I might be a bit nervous about your experience. But I would give you the chance to do the right thing.

Nope sorry. Having been here with that D-bag before, I would not cover his back. I wouldn't want him on my crew. I'd drive him off my truck.

I don't trust, will work with/for someone who in the past has argued that it is OKAY for firefighters to respond DRUNK (which got him banned).

I don't trust or will work with/for someone who in the past posted adult images upon the death of a 16 yo female after the tanker she was in rolled over (which got him banned).

I don't trust or will work with/for someone who argues against every face of logic that a freaking crowbar is as effective or better than a halligan tool, doesn't even know what a primary search is, and gets all their knowledge of firefighting through youtube and google.

No I don't respect him. No I will not respect him OR his opinion. He's a tea bag of the highest order and does need to be eradicated from this website before the minds of younger firefighters are warped into thinking that maybe this guy has a clue.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Back In Black

Any bets on what his next name will be?

Ban whoever you want... if they want to come back, they will.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnVBFD View Post
    Nope sorry....
    I think you may have confused who I was referring to. I was giving Tipsy the benefit of the doubt that he would cover my back. I would glady protect his.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight
    I think you may have confused who I was referring to. I was giving Tipsy the benefit of the doubt that he would cover my back. I would glady protect his.
    I believe that JohnVBFD was referring to Scarecrow, and not Tipsy. He just used your quote.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

minds of younger firefighters are warped into thinking that maybe this guy has a clue.
    ^^^This is most certainly my point of starting this thread. While I am still young myself I am glad I can see him for what he is.
    RIP Hela

Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Nope sorry. Having been here with that D-bag before, I would not cover his back. I wouldn't want him on my crew. I'd drive him off my truck.

I don't trust, will work with/for someone who in the past has argued that it is OKAY for firefighters to respond DRUNK (which got him banned).

I don't trust or will work with/for someone who in the past posted adult images upon the death of a 16 yo female after the tanker she was in rolled over (which got him banned).

I don't trust or will work with/for someone who argues against every face of logic that a freaking crowbar is as effective or better than a halligan tool, doesn't even know what a primary search is, and gets all their knowledge of firefighting through youtube and google.

No I don't respect him. No I will not respect him OR his opinion. He's a tea bag of the highest order and does need to be eradicated from this website before the minds of younger firefighters are warped into thinking that maybe this guy has a clue.
    I totally agree. Especially with your first statement. I'm retired. But if he had worked for me, he wouldn't have worked for me. If thought process he displays on these boards were the actual way he acted in the station and fireground, I would have set about terminating him. While difficult in a collective bargaining state it is not impossible.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Censorship

TYPSY,
    You are ultimately in control of what you read. Just turn off the computer and step away!

But don't try to limit my right to read other peoples thoughts and opinions!

Quit your whining!

Thread Information