MembersZone Subscriber

Default 880 suspension system

Does anyone know how to take the tabs out of the new 880 suspension without breaking them? I can't seem to figure out how to do it and it is too late to call cairns tonight.

Forum Member

what tabs you talkin bout?
    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

I called cairns on the issue since nobody responded. The black tabs the hold the 4 point suspension system in were pretty rough to get out. I wanted to see how heavy the lid was without the impact cap (I was expecting it to be heavy. The new material used for the helmets ended up being the culprit and making things weight feel so much heavier than the old 880.
    Thanks for the response bro

Forum Member

lol yeah i actually checked out my helmet right after writing that and figured out what you were talking about. i got them out by kind of walking em out with a flathead screwdriver. do you know of anyway to adjust the suspension system so that it'll sit lower on your head? i figured you'd have to cut it in order to do that then re-sew it, which would be a major pain in the ***. i wish i just had one of the old pre impact shell 880's, they're as light as a feather.
    "The third reason we are fighting is because men like to fight. They always have and they always will. Some sophists and other crackpots deny that. They don't know what they're talking about. They are either goddamned fools or cowards, or both. Men like to fight, and if they don't they're not real men. "-Gen. George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ravage17 View Post
    lol yeah i actually checked out my helmet right after writing that and figured out what you were talking about. i got them out by kind of walking em out with a flathead screwdriver. do you know of anyway to adjust the suspension system so that it'll sit lower on your head? i figured you'd have to cut it in order to do that then re-sew it, which would be a major pain in the ***. i wish i just had one of the old pre impact shell 880's, they're as light as a feather.
    Well you know what I would love to have mine ride lower like the older ones but to cut the suspension would suck bad if you did get hurt wearing it and that was found. I'd rather just keep the heavy thing the way it is. It still sits lower than my 1010 did (not bashing the 1010 like everyone else as I think it is a badass lid but I like the 880 a tad bit more).

Forum Member

Can you adjust the suspension straps in the 880? I would like for it to ride lower as well.

Thread Information