Forum Member

Default December Reduction Still waiting, anyone else?

I received a reduction in December. I've tried but still inpatient I am and nervous. I have not received any Q's if I accept the reduction, 1199 or anything else. I am concerned that the questions about the program i sent to my congressman's office may have affected something in a negative way. Paranoid? They were not negative questions they were more concernes and trying to explain the importance of the program to all FDs.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Also will the question if I accept the recuction come in the portal, email or a phone call?

MembersZone Subscriber

You are not alone. A department I wrote for had a reduction in December. No movement since then.

Forum Member

We're in the same boat here too.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Same Boat As You Guys

The week before Christmas I noticed a reduction in our overall budget from the original $77,181 down to $72,303. They reduced the HRT pump to $7,500, HRT cutter to $5,000, TIC to $9,000, RIT Pack to $3,500 and Helmets to $200 with all other items left as originally budgeted for. Since then we have had no movement at all and I regularly check our previous 1199a for the addition of a 2009 award.

In the scheme of things it appears that we made it past the computer and peer reviews and onto tech review where someone took the time to enter the reductions. If you call and talk to them about it their answer will be that a reduction or 1199a still does not guarantee an award however I can not see them taking all the time to do all of this if we are not being considered for an award at some point. If they only have 40 folks processing things why would they even waste time doing reductions on applications that would not be awarded ? Hopefully we will eventually make it in one of the later rounds that are yet to come.

In reading some of the posts it appears that in some circumstances both the 1199a and 10 questions are being sent out together rather that seperately but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to things.

Unfortunately we are at their mercy and have no choice but to patiently sit and wait it out.

Forum Member

Same thing here. Reduction in early January and no movement since that time. Frustrating to say the least. Makes it hard to plan for a 2010 grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ALso

Well we got a reduction last year got 1199 and now 10 ?'s last month and still waiting, I went to a AFG workshop and was told that if the 2010 AFG application opens and have not got a award or a DJ to email my rep and he will more than likely tell me thumbs up or down. But it was stressed not to email or call with that question until 2010 opens, so I will wait and see. Good luck to everyone. Firebill

Forum Member

I got Qs on a December reduction last week. Sit tight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Did you get the 1199a?

Forum Member

Yep. .

Forum Member

Yep. .
    When was the reduction (early or later december?) and when did the 1199a come?

thanks

Forum Member

Yep. .
    Did you get an email or phone call asking if you accepted the reduction?

Forum Member

I appealed the reduction (successfully).

MembersZone Subscriber

Sly did you receive the 10 questions and 1199a at the same time or seperately ?

Forum Member

About 3 months apart.

Forum Member

Just got 10Qs 2 minutes ago on the last 1199A I wrote.

Still have some neighbors I helped with reductions, no 1199s, and two 1199s and Qs submitted awaiting award notification.

Forum Member

Got my reductions in late December. Got the 1199a in Late march and just recieved my 10q's today. So it does take time and I wish you the best of luck.

Forum Member

I got my budget page reduced to all zeros in early January, no 1199 or anything since then. Talk about frustrating.

Forum Member

What was your project for? I've learned that 0's are probably bad things this year.

MembersZone Subscriber

What was your project for? I've learned that 0's are probably bad things this year.
    Same here with an SCBA project......what I've been told not a good sign.

Forum Member

CAFS Retrofit for pumper and nozzles. Still don't understand why they would take the time to change my budget if i were getting a DJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default action yesterday

got 10 q yesterday on 2 projects reduced and 1199 in Dec.

Also have 2 projects zero'd out since Dec. with no 1199's
    1 for part time occupancy direct source capture
    1 for a foam trailer project.
    Emailed help desk about these 2 about a month ago and got the "under review" blanket statement.

I've got the patience of a statue, but gotta start agreeing with Sly I don't think the zero's are looking so hot anymore. Only time will tell

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver6102 View Post
    Still don't understand why they would take the time to change my budget if i were getting a DJ.
    Seems like 0's are the tech review cuts. Apps getting zeroed were obviously peer reviewed, most likely approved in peer and denied in tech.

The 0's probably assist with formatting awards lists to determine funding availability.

MembersZone Subscriber

Seems like 0's are the tech review cuts. Apps getting zeroed were obviously peer reviewed, most likely approved in peer and denied in tech.

The 0's probably assist with formatting awards lists to determine funding availability.
    This zeroing out of the budget must be new to this year. I looked back at some CDJ's & PDJ's for '08 and all of the budgets are intact.

Once the AFG drops the DJ's, then we will know for sure what 0's actually mean; since some have reported having 0's then the budget was restored.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 0's

I've seen several 0's budgets restored or reduced but it is usually within a weeks time, not 4 months, but then again I've rarely seen 10 q go for 2 months before awards, but then again I've never seen only 1/2 of the funds allocated in mid April, but then again RAMBLE .....

Forum Member

Did any of the apps that had zeros also have an award number associated with the 1199?

I got the form to update my 1199 and shortly after it was "accepted" I saw an award number appear, but since then no movement. Anyone ever have an award number show up and not get funded?
    Joe Fireman

Thread Information