Forum Member

Talking HaHa! this is great.

There was a brand new member at one of the departments im with, and he is not yet of age to drive. Every day he has begged the cheif to let him drive, finaly the other day while i was down there he asked the cheif agine. Finally the cheif said ok, if you get every officer to sign that you are I D TEN T certified you can drive the trucks. well the probie grabed a sheet of paper and set off to get the signituar of every shift officer, one he finaly got all them to sign it he brought the cheif back the paper, the cheif looked over it and then said, i now give you the rank of ID10T.
    hahaha i thought it was great, so i figured i would share that with every one.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

Wow.What to say.You'd think he'd understand that he was too young to drive something that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars,a design committee and two years(we fast tracked it) of begging the Board of Trustees to acquire.
    I knew a guy on my vollie department who was irked because he was an LT at his old department and figured that qualified him to drive at the new one right off the bat.
    Anyone looking at the guy's POV could see why the station Captain did not trust him near the driver's side of the engines.The whole time I was on that department,I didn't own a motor vehicle but I was allowed to drive(if no other driver or officer arrived first) because I'd taken the time to learn how from the senior people and earn their trust first.
    Maybe your friend should learn what the job is about before aiming too high just yet.Presumably,he's not allowed to even enter the red zone just yet so why would he want to drive already?I am assuming that he means on calls and not just pulling the rig out onto the apron for washing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    There was a brand new member at one of the departments im with, and he is not yet of age to drive. Every day he has begged the cheif to let him drive, finaly the other day while i was down there he asked the cheif agine. Finally the cheif said ok, if you get every officer to sign that you are I D TEN T certified you can drive the trucks. well the probie grabed a sheet of paper and set off to get the signituar of every shift officer, one he finaly got all them to sign it he brought the cheif back the paper, the cheif looked over it and then said, i now give you the rank of ID10T.
    Soony stay in school and pay attention and learn to spell and use proper grammer. You'll have a hard time if you ever get hired by a fire department much less ever getting the chance to be an arson investigator. I might let you carry my PPE one day.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Soony stay in school and pay attention and learn to spell and use proper grammer. You'll have a hard time if you ever get hired by a fire department much less ever getting the chance to be an arson investigator. I might let you carry my PPE one day.

Agreed. You could start by learning to spell "chief".....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Hmm...interesting...Looking through some of your older posts, I see that you did know how to spell "chief" a couple of weeks ago. What happened?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

OH, could this be you young fellow????

BTW peas take your thyme when you are typpping so yours missed spelings ain't showing up. learn the tree r's, reading, righting and the road to releigh. stay is skool!

Forum Member

my bad spelling is due to a learning disability in that area. im in an extra class to help me with it. im slowly geting better.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc View Post
    Hmm...interesting...Looking through some of your older posts, I see that you did know how to spell "chief" a couple of weeks ago. What happened?
    oops, sorry about that. i get the i and e backwards some times if im typeing fast.

Forum Member

oops, sorry about that. i get the i and e backwards some times if im typeing fast.

I & E Rule

I before E except after C

Usually helps...... in most cases.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Weird, huh?

Forum Member

see, i thought that applied since chief starts with C. ok i gocha now. thanks

Forum Member

see, i thought that applied since chief starts with C. ok i gocha now. thanks
    C followed by h then ie and the f.

A couple of the most difficult words that I commonly see mispelled are:

Believe

Receive

Friend

But there are exceptions like:

Weird

There are exceptions when e sounds like 'a'.

Weigh

Neighbor

When in doubt, there is always spellcheck or Funk & Wagnell.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Or just use Mozilla Firefox, it underlines misspelled words in red....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    Or just use Mozilla Firefox, it underlines misspelled words in red....
    Mozilla is blocked at school. =( that is what i use at home.

Forum Member

Going back to the "forms" new FFs had to have signed off before being allowed in the driver's seat of even the brush Jeeps: Did your friend need to be "Bravo Alpha Eleven Hundred November" certified or get a "Bravo One Romeo Delta" endorsement from the officers before proceeding with the training?
    Write them out before you answer.

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Going back to the "forms" new FFs had to have signed off before being allowed in the driver's seat of even the brush Jeeps: Did your friend need to be "Bravo Alpha Eleven Hundred November" certified or get a "Bravo One Romeo Delta" endorsement from the officers before proceeding with the training?
    Write them out before you answer.

Good one, but he will never figure that out. You might as well spell it out for him...and see if he gets it!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Good one, but he will never figure that out. You might as well spell it out for him...and see if he gets it!!
    It was meant as a joke.If he laughs,he'll also understand how people can be taken in by official sounding "requirements".
    Given how firefighters are also pranksters,this could also help acclimate him to heavy handed humor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    i know its radio codes, but i do not get what it spells out.

Forum Member

Mozilla is blocked at school. =( that is what i use at home.
    Then maybe you should be learning how to spell correctly while at school.
    Kyle
    Upper Macungie Township Station 56, Allentown, PA
    Vigilant Hose Company #1, Shippensburg, PA

The things I post do not reflect the views of the affiliations I belong to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    I & E Rule

I before E except after C

Usually helps...... in most cases.
    With the exception of the exceptions.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    With the exception of the exceptions.
    nice.

Forum Member

I was certified to drive our trucks when I was quite young, I was 18 when I was cleared to drive our tanker, brush truck and medical rescue, when I was 21 I was cleared on our squad and engine. I also had a class B CDL, when I turned 21 I had my licence upgraded to a CDL A and started driving heavy semi trucks. Not every 21 year old greenie is capable of driving a fire truck, let alone a tractor pulling a fully loaded 53' trailer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_61 View Post
    I was certified to drive our trucks when I was quite young, I was 18 when I was cleared to drive our tanker, brush truck and medical rescue, when I was 21 I was cleared on our squad and engine. I also had a class B CDL, when I turned 21 I had my licence upgraded to a CDL A and started driving heavy semi trucks. Not every 21 year old greenie is capable of driving a fire truck, let alone a tractor pulling a fully loaded 53' trailer.
    I was driving Army trucks at 18. I had learned to drive logging trucks at 15!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I know what that is like I was running john deere 3840's and 5640's when I was 13, and was driving our farm's antique 56 mack duplex shift at 15. Age does not equal experance at 21 I had more driving experance and ability then most drivers on the road, at 26 I have a half million logged miles under my belt, but every one can make mistakes, we are human we will screw up, I've know CDL drivers with 2-3 million miles under there belts who have had horrendous accidents, it happends.

Thread Information