Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Moditors please.

This forum is in need of some serious adult supervision. Threads get constantly hi-jacked, and turn into squabbles. New posters get useless replies implying either they're stupid, or they're question is stupid. The atmosphere on the forum is just plain hostle. It's neither fun, nor informative to read anymore. I'm sure proof of this will be well documented in the replies this post receives.

Do you mean moderators?

If so, do a search. This has been discussed many times on these forums. Simply put, the provider of the site does not make enough money on the forums to afford moderators. And they are reluctant (with somewhat good reason) to allow user moderators.

Don't like it, too bad, it's their website.

(sorry if this does not meet your standards above)
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by The 52nd View Post
    This forum is in need of some serious adult supervision. Threads get constantly hi-jacked, and turn into squabbles. New posters get useless replies implying either they're stupid, or they're question is stupid. The atmosphere on the forum is just plain hostle. It's neither fun, nor informative to read anymore. I'm sure proof of this will be well documented in the replies this post receives.
    I would like to know why you think that and if you really feel that way then maybe you should consider not reading these forums do we argue here yes but anywhere you go you will have arguments suck it up and deal with it or leave

Ha. Bump-Set-Spike.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLyman View Post
    Ha. Bump-Set-Spike.
    Explanation?

Default Thread

Andrew...I think your being slammed. You are correct though...there are people who have asked questions and are slammed or berated to the point of frustration. This site could be a little more tolerant.
    Last edited by JayDudley; 04-20-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
    Explanation?
    Sorry, volleyball analogy, no slam on you. This complainer stated the complaint, someone [Bones] volleyed it up, and you [Andrew] spiked it on the original poster with: "you will have arguments suck it up and deal with it or leave". Bump-Set-Spike.

I thought it was funny because within two posts of a person complaining about hostile forums another person told him to suck it up or leave. Classic FH.com

Default Sorry

I took it as a slam...my apologies.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Quote Originally Posted by The 52nd View Post
    Maybe what this Forum needs is a spell checker! Or a wet nurse to kiss away all the boo-boos of those that get their feeling's hurt. If you don't like the way we do things here, take your ball and go home.

You just got to love it when new people move in and then try to change the way you do business .
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    I took it as a slam...my apologies.
    That's cool. I didn't formulate my idea well.

Thread Information