+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Where are those crazy loons in the Tea Party?

In case many of you are missing it, there are huge demonstrations across our nation today. The Tea Party and other organizations are protesting the governments out of control spending and their incredible actions of not listening to the will of the majority of the people.

Now the issue here is about how the main stream medias lack of giving any notoriety or exposure of these demonstrators. They are the ones who have called these people loons and crazies. Weirdos. Fox News is covering the protests and it is clear that these are normal everyday Americans and not the weirdos that the media has portrayed them to be.

The reason why the mainstream media is not going to cover these historic events properly is because they know they are in the wrong. To them the American people are the enemy.

Look this thread is about the fact that the Tea Party are not crazies or threatening or any of the things their detractors claim they are. And they are worthy of being paid attention to and to listen to their concerns.

This thread is about the validity of the Tea Party and that they are not a bunch of loons. Lets keep the responses about this issue.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    In case many of you are missing it, there are huge demonstrations across our nation today. The Tea Party and other organizations are protesting the governments out of control spending and their incredible actions of not listening to the will of the majority of the people.

Now the issue here is about how the main stream medias lack of giving any notoriety or exposure of these demonstrators. They are the ones who have called these people loons and crazies. Weirdos. Fox News is covering the protests and it is clear that these are normal everyday Americans and not the weirdos that the media has portrayed them to be.

The reason why the mainstream media is not going to cover these historic events properly is because they know they are in the wrong. To them the American people are the enemy.

Look this thread is about the fact that the Tea Party are not crazies or threatening or any of the things their detractors claim they are. And they are worthy of being paid attention to and to listen to their concerns.

This thread is about the validity of the Tea Party and that they are not a bunch of loons. Lets keep the responses about this issue.
    I saw the teabaggers out and about today. Like everyone else, they too have an axe to grind; you are correct in that they are not a bunch of loons; just some of them are, at least from what i've seen on both Fox and CNN. Lets be brutally honest here; every group has its extreme element like it or not and of course the disclaimer will be: "we do not condone actions taken by this group" Or "we cannot control what these fringe groups do on their own"

I think no matter what side or position you take, its all worthy of listening to. Those who are genuinely interested in the issues put forth by them will listen to what they have to say; MSNBC will no doubt look for items to discredit the movement (and they'll no doubt fine it); Fox on the other hand will look for things bash the left on (and they too will find things as well).

On a side note, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the teabaggers become a legitimate party; it would help dilute the vote in November.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

Forum Member

I saw them in Albany, NY yesterday......didn't look any crazier than any of the other protest groups that assemble at the Capitol.....if anything, they were better dressed!

Forum Member

Nothing more than a bunch of sore loser conservatives. There's enough research to determine their demographic is very narrow. It's the same movement that emerged in 1960 when Kennedy was elected, and 1992 when Clinton was elected. The rhetoric is almost identical. They claim to be mad at out of control spending yet only emerged in January of last year. They didn't seem to mind the previous eight years.

None of their candidates have even come close to winning an election. Witness the special election in Florida last Tuesday. The GOP tea bagger got trounced by the Dem in what was supposed to be a test of how the electorate would react in the first election after the Health Care Bill was enacted.

Even their poster child Scott Brown is running away from them as quickly as possible. He wants to win in 2012. And being identified with the tea baggers isn't going to help him achieve that goal in MA.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-15-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    I saw them in Albany, NY yesterday......didn't look any crazier than any of the other protest groups that assemble at the Capitol.....if anything, they were better dressed!
    Well at least they weren't dressed crazy.

The country is at a crossroads. What is at stake in these times is the very soul of the country.

Do we throw away our freedoms and let others decide how much money we make, how successful we can be, how we will raise our children, what we will believe, what we will eat, ect...

I think I read about a place that tried this once...

I don't need someone to tell me I am happy.

I don't want someone telling me that I must give half of what I have earned to someone else. I want to decide how I want to help others and to what extent.

I prefer a time when everyone minded their own business and pursued their own dreams.

I don't want someone minding my business and telling me what my dreams will be. I think that if those people would mind their own business... they would be busy all the time.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

The Tea Party does not want to create a third political party or third party candidate. They are very careful that that does not happen.

The TP wants to keep its focus on fiscal responsibility. Protection of the Constitution and that our elected representatives, listen to the will of the majority of the people of this country and quit treating them as the enemy. We can no longer keep borrowing and spending money like we have an unlimited credit card, because there will be a reckoning when the bill comes due. And it will come due.

So why have they come under such attack? labeled as loonies. Its because the liberal administration is notorious for demonizing the opposition. On 9/12 last year the actual accurate estimate of the demonstration in DC was 1.5 million protesters and the mainstream media made claims of around 30,000. Outrageous! And there was almost no trash or littering done by these people. Unlike at our presidents inaugural celebration. The Tea Party people are on average higher educated and have above average income and they are especially cautious of protesters that have signs that are abusive or unacceptable. They have discovered that many of these are moles or infiltrators are there by design to give the Tea Party the impression of having the so called crazies.

So the mainstream media is spending almost no time on these major events today, because it cannot help their agenda. It does however show their bias.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Well at least they weren't dressed crazy.

These are pics taken at today's tea bag rally in OC today. [sarcasm]I know lots of people that dress like this.[/sarcasm]

The country is at a crossroads. What is at stake in these times is the very soul of the country.
    Wow. So profound. I've never had that before today.

Do we throw away our freedoms and let others decide how much money we make, how successful we can be, how we will raise our children, what we will believe, what we will eat, ect...
    You can own your guns, go to church, and eat what you like. Which freedoms are being infringed upon?

I think I read about a place that tried this once...
    Did that book have a lot of pictures in it?

I don't need someone to tell me I am happy.
    Is this something that worries you?

I don't want someone telling me that I must give half of what I have earned to someone else. I want to decide how I want to help others and to what extent.
    Where is that happening? Federal taxes are well under 20%.

I prefer a time when everyone minded their own business and pursued their own dreams.
    When was that? I haven't seen that time in my six decades of being alive.

I don't want someone minding my business and telling me what my dreams will be. I think that if those people would mind their own business... they would be busy all the time.
    Are you talking about tea baggers?

Forum Member

So the mainstream media is spending almost no time on these major events today, because it cannot help their agenda. It does however show their bias.
    Really? There's has been a story on every news show I've watched today.

Is this another one of those "liberal" media bogeyman claims?

Typing the term "tea party" into the search engine for Google News (news.google.com) yields thousands of hits.

Are you not paying attention, or did you take a super long nap today?

Forum Member

SC: All I can say is.... Interesting.

It is amazing how we see it so much differently.

Some people truly feel the need to have the Government take over their lives. That would be Dependent, which is the opposite of Independent.

Don't confuse people who are not able to be Independent by no fault of their own, with those that relinquish their right of Independence.

There are many that believe they will get a better deal on health care by giving up their right to choose. In some cases, some who don't have it, will get something called health care, but someone still has to pay for it. Those that do not wish to give up their right understand that they will get the same something called health care, but don't believe it will be the same that they had before. So, we should call these people what? Nuts? Crazies? How about Concerned?

I have a problem with the Government telling me "You must buy this... or you will be in trouble".

Don't confuse this with Auto Insurance. Driving is a priviledge; Auto Insurance protects others that you may cause harm.

I have a problem with a Government that force-feeds an agenda down my throat. Maybe these protesters believe the same thing.

And yes... the book did have lots of pictures.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

There are many that believe they will get a better deal on health care by giving up their right to choose. In some cases, some who don't have it, will get something called health care, but someone still has to pay for it. Those that do not wish to give up their right understand that they will get the same something called health care, but don't believe it will be the same that they had before. So, we should call these people what? Nuts? Crazies? How about Concerned?
    How about misinformed. Do you believe the current health care system in the US is sustainable? We pay a higher percent of our GNP do health than any industrialized nation.

I have a problem with the Government telling me "You must buy this... or you will be in trouble".
    I would agree with were it not for the fact that you and I pay now for those who choose to not pay for insurance.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How about misinformed. Do you believe the current health care system in the US is sustainable? We pay a higher percent of our GNP do health than any industrialized nation.
    Tell me how this change makes it cheaper...

Especially for future generations.

The problem with this country is the sense of entitlement and the pandering by the politicians.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

I paid particular attention to NBC's coverage of the TP during the evening news. Its was cursory to say the least and they used it to lead into how the tax dollars are spent.

The real news story in the nation should be and is how a huge organized event took place across the country because they are upset with what is happening within our country.

The point is that this event took place and got almost no coverage about how the citizens in this country are upset with government. It wasn't even the lead in on NBC. The lead in was about the volcanic ash that diverted airline traffic. It caused no deaths or crashes or injuries and only affected travel, while in our nation the population is standing on the edge of revolution and the protests got practically nothing.

Know why> Because the liberals are scared to death. They know what is about to happen in November and they can try to divert our attention by other so called accomplishments, that in reality are nothing but the spinning of policitcal disasters.

So? Where was the coverage of the beating heart of an outraged nation? I'll tell you where it was, it was hidden. Obama should have met the protesters is what he should have done. Man up time, but no. Ran and hid.
    Last edited by jam24u; 04-16-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Tell me how this change makes it cheaper...

Especially for future generations.

The problem with this country is the sense of entitlement and the pandering by the politicians.
    We won't know until it starts to play out. It's been one law for all of about a month and the critics are lamenting that it hasn't fixed all of the health care ills.

I believe this reform will be the beginning of future reforms as issues need to be addressed.

Forum Member

I paid particular attention to NBC's coverage of the TP during the evening news. Its was cursory to say the least and they used it to lead into how the tax dollars are spent.
    It could be that tea baggers are non-news items since they've been in the news frequently.

The real news story in the nation should be and is how a huge organized event took place the country because they are upset with what is happening within our country.
    You mean the news should pay close attention to a group that is really a bunch of sore losers?

The point is that this event took place and got almost no coverage about how the citizens in this country are upset with government. It wasn't even the lead in on NBC. The lead in was about the volcanic ash that diverted airline traffic. It caused no deaths or crashes or injuries and only affected travel, while in our nation the population is standing on the edge of revolution and the protests got practically nothing.
    See my comments earlier on the news reports in both TV and internet news.

Know why> Because the liberals are scared to death. They know what is about to happen in November and they can try to divert our attention by other so called accomplishments, that in reality are nothing but the spinning of policitcal disasters.
    Scared of what? The folks protesting aren't a new group of people that never voted. They have voted in the past and the greater majority of them are self identified conservatives.

One of the polls that no one will take is how many of the tea baggers didn't vote for Obama in 2008. I'm betting that poll won't get taken any time soon because it would expose the tea bag movement as nothing more than the usual right wing extremists.

So? Where was the coverage of the beating heart of an outraged nation? I'll tell you where it was, it was hidden. Obama should have met the protesters is what he should have done. Man up time, but no. Ran and hid.
    Already told you. Why should he meet people like them? It's not like their agenda is secret. If I follow your logic Bush should have met with the anti-war protestors as well. There were far more of them and the movement wasn't unofficially supported by a major cable news outfit. Yet he never did. He didn't man up, he ran and hid (according to you). The beating heart of an outraged nation? That's a hoot. They don't even make up a majority of the GOP.

This group had no problem with all the same things happening during the Bush years. Now they're outraged, OUTRAGED!! I tell you. Their comments about tyranny are pretty laughable. They confuse tyranny with losing.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-15-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Back In Black

You mean the news should pay close attention to a group that is really a bunch of sore losers?
    It's not all losers, there are some republicans as well as democrats in their ranks.

Wait, wait.. here's another one.

The news has been paying attention to democrats for years!
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Back In Black

We won't know until it starts to play out. It's been one law for all of about a month and the critics are lamenting that it hasn't fixed all of the health care ills.

I believe this reform will be the beginning of future reforms as issues need to be addressed.
    OH, that's true... why would we understand the law before we vote for it.

I forgot the democrats are in charge... whatever Nancy and Harry say goes!

Forum Member

It's not all losers, there are some republicans as well as democrats in their ranks.
    4% have been identified as Dems. Again, no has asked how many of those tea baggers didn't vote for Obama. Could very well be those were the Dems who voted for McCain.

Wait, wait.. here's another one.

The news has been paying attention to democrats for years!
    More of the liberal media bogeyman nonsense.

Forum Member

OH, that's true... why would we understand the law before we vote for it.
    If every policy wasn't enacted until all possible effects were known, nothing would get passed. Few if any saw the extent of the insurgency that occurred in Iraq as a result of our invading. Yet no one said we should wait until we totally understand what might happen.

I forgot the democrats are in charge... whatever Nancy and Harry say goes!
    Pretty much. Rush Limbaugh has some words of advice for you! Sure, they may be a couple of years old, but I'm sure he means them just as much today as he did in 2005. Just replace Democrats with Republicans. And replace "socialist wackos" with "conservative wackos" and names "Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer" with "Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia."

"I'm tired of these Democrats acting like they won the election. Somebody needs to stand up and say, "When you win the election, you pick the nominees. Until then, shut up! Just shut up! Just go away! Bury yourselves in your rat holes and don't come out until you win an election. When you win an election, you can put all these socialist wackos, like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer, all over the court, but until then, SHUT UP! You are really irritating me."
    Elections have consequences. So stop being a sore loser.

You may have missed it. In November 2008 there was an election. Obama was elected by a majority of the voters as were majorities in both houses of Congress.

While American democracy is by no means perfect, it is still the best system going.

You should read up on it sometime.
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-16-2010 at 01:16 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Elections have consequences. ...
    Even a blind pig finds one once in a while.

Tell us who the kooks are.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N15202117.htm

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

You mean this guy?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Back In Black

If every policy wasn't enacted until all possible effects were known, nothing would get passed. Few if any saw the extent of the insurgency that occurred in Iraq as a result of our invading. Yet no one said we should wait until we totally understand what might happen.
    When they admit they haven't even read it... well, who cares. As long as madame pelosi tells em to vote for it, they do.

Last week, Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, told an audience at the National Press Club that, not only had he not read the House health-care bill which would reorganize 1/6th of the U.S. economy, but that even if he had he would not have understood it:

"I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill.' What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?"
    Elections have consequences. So stop being a sore loser.
    You are correct. It's a shame that the consquences may be to bankrupt future generations.

You may have missed it. In November 2008 there was an election. Obama was elected by a majority of the voters as were majorities in both houses of Congress.
    Didn't miss it... so because he was elected all opposition should stop? Aren't you the one who had the signature in his posts.. about an end of an error?

Talk about sore loser!

While American democracy is by no means perfect, it is still the best system going.

You should read up on it sometime.
    I know it very well. I can see bits of it on the heels of Pelosi and Reid.

Forum Member

When they admit they haven't even read it... well, who cares. As long as madame pelosi tells em to vote for it, they do.
    Do you believe the folks who voted against it read it?

You are correct. It's a shame that the consquences may be to bankrupt future generations.
    More hyperbole. Future generations won't go broke paying for it. The amount of this debt as a percent of GDP isn't even close to the amount following WW II. The US didn't go broke then, while paying for programs like the GI Bill, the Marshall Plan, and the Interstate Highway System.

Didn't miss it... so because he was elected all opposition should stop? Aren't you the one who had the signature in his posts.. about an end of an error?

Talk about sore loser!
    Did I say that? I quoted Rush Limbaugh. I don't believe it should stop. It should be given all the consideration it deserves. Which is none.

And by sore loser, you're referring to Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the tea baggers, right?

I know it very well. I can see bits of it on the heels of Pelosi and Reid.
    Very funny. More hyperbole with no basis in any fact.

Back In Black

Do you believe the folks who voted against it read it?
    So you defend the practice?

More hyperbole. Future generations won't go broke paying for it. The amount of this debt as a percent of GDP isn't even close to the amount following WW II. The US didn't go broke then, while paying for programs like the GI Bill, the Marshall Plan, and the Interstate Highway System.
    You are on top of the talking points today! Mama Pelosi would be proud!

Did I say that? I quoted Rush Limbaugh. I don't believe it should stop. It should be given all the consideration it deserves. Which is none.
    I love when you quote an entertainer. Who's next, Carrottop?

And by sore loser, you're referring to Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the tea baggers, right?
    Remind us again... what was your signature line on this message board?

Very funny. More hyperbole with no basis in any fact.
    You caught me, it was not a fact that I actually saw it on their heels. Just seems like it.

Forum Member

So you defend the practice?
    Yes and no. If those voting for it are getting criticized for not reading it to understand its contents, those voting against it should be held to the same standard.

I love when you quote an entertainer. Who's next, Carrottop?
    I would agree with you that he's an entertainer were it not for the fact the Chair of the RNC stated:

"I was maybe a little bit inarticulate... There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership."
    That isn't the soundbite of a political leader acknowledging that Rush is only an entertainer. But I have to give Rush credit. He's much funnier than Carrottop.

Remind us again... what was your signature line on this message board?
    Are you incapable of reading it yourself?

You caught me, it was not a fact that I actually saw it on their heels. Just seems like it.
    More hyperbole with no basis in fact. Please explain to us what actions have been performed that are not Constitutional?

Being a chief and all, I'm sure you have a far better command of Constitutional law than any congressional representative and certainly any Supreme Court justice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    You mean this guy?
    Malahat, Whatever is wrong with you is no small thing. LOL

I know your a liberal, but you do have class. Funny too!

As far as weirdo dress, did you see what scfire claims is weirdo dress? The guy is showing his love and respect for the last bastion and last defender of true freedom in the world. The USA. These liberals hate the USA so much, that they attack and demean those that fly the American Flag outside their homes or places of buisnesses. They think its crazy to do so. Great Britian used to proudly fly their flags and now look what has happened to them. We still have pride in our nation and long live the protesters fight to keep our country truly free.

Those who think that a guy wearing clothing resembling the American flag is a kook are the ones who threaten the USA. They are the enemy within.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information