Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That is just proof of a major flaw in the denial process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jjchief1 View Post
    What I don't understand is this statement in our DJ letter. " The peer review panel's scores indicate that your application was generally good,
    but it was determined that your existing fleet of vehicles was sufficient to respond
    to your department's call volume."
    Fleet of vehicles?? We applied for a Air Refill Station only (50k-we currently do not have a re-fill station and have to drive anywhere from 5-10 miles one way to get our scba's re-filled), that's all. No vehicle... Can someone explain this one? I'm at a loss...
    I had the same thing for a department that I helped with a tender. Your application was generally good but its was determined, etc. etc.

My operations grant for hose for my vol department said "This notice is to inform you that your 2009 application scored well at the peer review panels, but it was not processed because your request was satisfied via your 2008 AFG award."

However, we were denied in 2008 for our hose operations application! Somethings not right.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    That is just proof of a major flaw in the denial process.
    It is quite obvious there is some type of problem with the way these where processed. Also why would they have their very limited staff complete tech reviews and reductions right up to the very end on applications that they never intended on funding. The amount of applicants that had reductions and then received DJs is astounding.

Forum Member

I was having a crazy week anyway and now a DJ on equipment.

Not the way I wanted to start the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Just to stir the conspiracy pot how did your folks vote on obamacare?
    I was thinking the same thing so I looked and the congressional districts in red have their share of the grants. It is almost like they are dumping this yearís grants and going to start fresh with the 010 grants. Maybe they have had enough of all the screw ups. If I am not wrong they have to spend what was appropriated for 09. But they could award a large amount of funds to some originations that really donít have anything to do with firefighting. Like all of you it seems to be something screwy about this. Getting any kind of useful info from them is like pulling you wisdom teeth.

Angry

got our DJ today for extrication equipment.

Angry

We got our DJ for extrication equipment today

Quote Originally Posted by jjchief1 View Post
    What I don't understand is this statement in our DJ letter. " The peer review panel's scores indicate that your application was generally good,
    but it was determined that your existing fleet of vehicles was sufficient to respond
    to your department's call volume."
    Fleet of vehicles?? We applied for a Air Refill Station only (50k-we currently do not have a re-fill station and have to drive anywhere from 5-10 miles one way to get our scba's re-filled), that's all. No vehicle... Can someone explain this one? I'm at a loss...
    Check the grant # ref on it make sure it is not a mistake sent to you
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rands1 View Post
    Kind of funny how well this grant was managed and operated until the big O took office.
    That is one common denominator that has to be considered. As obscure as it seems to logic, you still cannont discount it. There may be more impact here than we know. Intentional or not.

Forum Member

Could it be that the computer has screwed up so bad that it is giving the awards to the dj's, and the awarded projects are getting the dj's? With such short man power that they have, maybe nobody has caught it, or doesn't want to fix it? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Check the grant # ref on it make sure it is not a mistake sent to you
    Just checked my grant app# and it's the same as in the dj they sent me. Got the dj on the online message center as well as my personal email. It would be nice if that was the screw up...I'm still confused...I hope maybe they can give some kind of explanation on this....

Angry DJ after 1199 in December

Well we lost the battle yesterday for a rehab trailer that we applied for. We had a 1199 post in December and now we got the DJ letter yesterday. What a disappointment after seeing the 1199 post and wait to hear more and now we find out that it is a DJ letter. O well I guess time to move on and hope 2010 AFG goes well.

MembersZone Subscriber

My turnout gear made it to peer review but not enough money, diesel exhaust removal computer rejected. Oh well. Now I know what I'm going to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    Well we lost the battle yesterday for a rehab trailer that we applied for. We had a 1199 post in December and now we got the DJ letter yesterday. What a disappointment after seeing the 1199 post and wait to hear more and now we find out that it is a DJ letter. O well I guess time to move on and hope 2010 AFG goes well.

Let me get this right... You got an 1199 on an application - and then on the same application you got a DJ?

Forum Member

Someone else alluded to it, but is there any chance that the DJ's were a screw up with comedy of errors which has taken place this year? I find it difficult to believe they would consume the time to go in and do all of the manual reductions in the system and then turn around to DJ the application? The only thing that I could think of was they wanted the budgets corrected on those applications that made it through computer before they were peer reviewed? Seems rather time consuming though!

I guess I am grasping at straws, but I wonder in their haste to get the DJ's released, others were mistakenly pulled into the mix? Let's at least hope people!

Thats my question. Too much work was done on many applications then they were turned down?

I realize it may be grasping at straws, but geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Let me get this right... You got an 1199 on an application - and then on the same application you got a DJ?
    Ths is only the second time I have EVER heard of that happening. This has been the screwiest year I have ever seen in AFG since 2004. I am quite ure that AFG's phone willbe ringing off the hook fomr departments and Congressional reps onext week... I wonder what the repsonses will range from?
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Ths is only the second time I have EVER heard of that happening. This has been the screwiest year I have ever seen in AFG since 2004. I am quite ure that AFG's phone willbe ringing off the hook fomr departments and Congressional reps onext week... I wonder what the repsonses will range from?
    Definitely calling my Congressman...my DJ says I didn't provide enough cost-benefit information and I didn't explain how my project would benefit the daily operations of my department........

My project was a live-burn trailer for over 1,000 FF in a seven county area, with 150,000 citizens in that area. I even included the cost per person/ per use formulas, etc., in the app, had all my financial info, etc........I don't mind getting turned down. But I DO MIND being told I didn't do something that I DID do.

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Yes we had a new 1199 post back in December and now we got the DJ.

Forum Member

Got ours to damn it oh well Kurt might need your assistance brother.

Thread Information