Forum Member

Default Likelihood of Quint Replacement?

I've got a department with a 17 year old pumper, 28 year old pumper, and 28 year old quint (75').

Because the quint is 75', it must be characterized as a pumper, correct?

Therefore, the computer will view this department as having 3 pumpers with an average age of 24.3.

The department is in dire need of replacing the quint because they depend on this piece as the only aerial for their borough and 2 neighboring boroughs. 100ft aerial is not possible due to the small streets, etc...I can explain the entire situation about the aerial in the narrative.

My question....is it likely that this application will make it past the computer round or will the fact that there are 3 pumpers somehow get us a computer DJ?

All thoughts are much appreciated.

-dave

Forum Member

With the youngest being 17 shouldn't be an issue since average is almost 25. Not like there's a 5 year old pumper for them to question on why that wasn't the quint they're asking for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    With the youngest being 17 shouldn't be an issue since average is almost 25. Not like there's a 5 year old pumper for them to question on why that wasn't the quint they're asking for.
    So the computer round might see the application as asking for another pumper, which is ok. Then in the narrative we can justify that we're essentially getting 2 new trucks for one because the quint is first out on just about everything anyway (because no other aerials in the area) that they could use it to pump or for the aerial.

In general i just don't understand why a 75' quint has to be characterized as a pumper since when you have situations like this one (i.e., where a 100ft aerial doesn't make sense for densely populated residential neighborhood with narrow and congested streets) the only sensible option for a ladder is a 75'.

Maybe we should weld on an extra foot of iron at the end of the ladder....

Thread Information