Forum Member

Angry Lost in the AFG Quagmire

Someone help me try to understand this situation. We have an open firefighter operations application from 2008. No DJ letter No 1199A update. Four months ago I had talked to a representative from AFG and he advised me that our application was still being considered, you know no news is good news. Today I talked to the same person and he told me that I should apply for the same equipment in 2010, and that there couldn’t possible be money left from 2008. I asked if I could get some type of denial or conformation one way or another concerning the open application. The answer I received was very vague at best. I asked if there was someone farther up the chain that I could talk to and he basically told me that there was no one that could answer my questions.

Is there possibly any one else out there in grant land that is in a similar situation?

Any suggestions on whether to pursue this any further or just forget it and move on.

Forum Member

We had 4 never get a real notification, one was even verified that DHS never sent one, but was supposed to have been a DJ. The 2008 money was deallocated on Sep 31st, so no possible way since then they could have given you funding. So on with 2010 is the advice at hand.

And no one could probably give you an answer because they didn't know what to look for or where on something from 2008. Lots of new bodies answering the phones up there.

Forum Member

Talking

All funding not allocated by the end of the budget year has to by law be returned to the treasury.
    If you have not received an 08 dj by now you managed to slip through the cracks.
    You might have been in the category of scored well but not quite funded , unless there is left over funds at the end of the fiscal year from savings in management cost's or refused/returned funds from other applicants.
    Are you sure that they didn't send the dj e-mail and it got eaten by your spam filter.

Forum Member

We had 4 never get a real notification, one was even verified that DHS never sent one, but was supposed to have been a DJ. The 2008 money was deallocated on Sep 31st, so no possible way since then they could have given you funding. So on with 2010 is the advice at hand.

And no one could probably give you an answer because they didn't know what to look for or where on something from 2008. Lots of new bodies answering the phones up there.

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. I figured it would be on to 2010. It is just frustrating to have this happen.

(islandfire03 I am positive that we did not receive the DJ all is set with the spam filters)

Thread Information