Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Littleton, CO Hiring

Anyone taking the Littleton orals next week? What shifts do Littleton FF's work? Anyone know how many they're looking to bring on?

Quote Originally Posted by engineertom View Post
    Anyone taking the Littleton orals next week? What shifts do Littleton FF's work? Anyone know how many they're looking to bring on?
    I am, but have little info about your other questions. I think I am going to stop in at one of the stations and talk to someone this weekend.

Good luck to you!

Forum Member

I'm taking mine on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone

Forum Member

Did they contact you through DRCOG or did you see it posted that they were taking apps?

Forum Member

Default Littleton shifts

Tom...
    I believe I read that they do 24hr shifts.

Forum Member

Default Littleton panel interview

I got a call late last week. I'm assuming that this is a small list of applicants taken from the last DRCOG but that is just a guess. I have not been able to find any info whatsoever and was thinking of calling just to find out what the process is. I know someone that had a score almost as good as mine and with lots of career experience who didn't get called. We are still scratching our heads. Perhaps they are looking for someone with wildland experience???

Quote Originally Posted by fordguy View Post
    Did they contact you through DRCOG or did you see it posted that they were taking apps?
    Yeah, they only pull from DRCOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Myfireangel View Post
    I know someone that had a score almost as good as mine and with lots of career experience who didn't get called. We are still scratching our heads. Perhaps they are looking for someone with wildland experience???
    They also require a valid CPAT. Maybe your buddy didn't have his or it expired?

It's weird to go from not having anything on the horizon to being deep into a hiring process (written and physical already done) with one phone call.

I believe if you pass the orals (a very small group), you are invited to ride along for a day shift. You still can't do anything on calls, but it allows that crew to sort of get a feel for what type of person you are and if you will fit in. I could be way off, but this is what I heard their process was in the past.

Good luck to everyone going to the orals.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know they heavily favor Medics, how many of you are medics?

Forum Member

Not me....

Forum Member

Smile Emtp?

I don't either (7 years as a Vol. EMT in the field and I work at a hospital as a Cardiac Monitor Tech/ EMT Critical Care), but it is a major goal of mine. I applaud any firefighters that have gone through the extra training. Does anyone know how many were interviewed and how many will go to the next step?

On my way out after my oral I asked Capt. Glanville what happens next. In addition to the normal stuff that he told everyone, he mentioned that a ranking list would be created based off of scores. He also added that last time around they only had 7 people on their list, but they took 6.

I don't know how many people they had come through the orals, but I think a good estimate would be 15 a day for 5 days which puts us at 75 applicants. Not bad. It's all speculation (that's the name of the game for those of us trying to get hired ), but maybe a 1 in 10 shot at getting on the list?

Best of luck to all!

Forum Member

Got my call yesterday, I passed the oral board. Good luck to you guys.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner78 View Post
    Congrats to you!!! Good luck!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody64 View Post
    On my way out after my oral I asked Capt. Glanville what happens next. In addition to the normal stuff that he told everyone, he mentioned that a ranking list would be created based off of scores. He also added that last time around they only had 7 people on their list, but they took 6.

I don't know how many people they had come through the orals, but I think a good estimate would be 15 a day for 5 days which puts us at 75 applicants. Not bad. It's all speculation (that's the name of the game for those of us trying to get hired ), but maybe a 1 in 10 shot at getting on the list?

Best of luck to all!
    Good information, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner78 View Post
    Nice job! Best of luck on the rest of the process.

Forum Member

Congrats! Has anyone else heard anything? I am assuming that we would have received a call by now...

Most likely if you havn't heard anything yet (myself included), your postcard is in the mail.

I'd imagine it's a pretty small amount of people moving on, but stranger things have happened.

Forum Member

That's what I figured. Does anyone know of any other processes coming up soon in the Denver area?
    I live out of state (so my chances are slim), but I am going to keep on trying!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KFIRE91 View Post
    That's what I figured. Does anyone know of any other processes coming up soon in the Denver area?
    I live out of state (so my chances are slim), but I am going to keep on trying!
    Aurora just opened applications last week, but I think it's closed. Other than that, West Metro was supposed to test this spring but pushed it back until next spring.

Forum Member

Got my call last week, too. Have you scheduled your ride along yet? I sent my paperwork to initiate the background process, but still waiting to hear back to schedule the ride along. Also, any word as to how many were selected?

Thread Information