Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Forum Member

It's MHI of area served by the project, not the county. Hence the reason they run GIS checks based on either GPS coordinates or roads for the outer border of the service area to ensure that the proper residents are being represented. Do it all the time with unincorporated areas since they only pull census data for the MHI from either city name on the physical address of the department, or ZIP code, neither of which are accurate in unincorporated areas.

Make that supposed to, several area happy making their federal checks and pensions without extra work like the GIS survey. Sometimes have to go to state or local college resources to get proof of service area MHI. If we do the legwork they're happy to recheck the system for eligiblity. Most areas it's $26k to hit the 15% grant point.

Forum Member

I sent an email to our district office (which is the state office) and asked the director about our availability, the required match, and whether or not we could use it to expand our station.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Station 49 View Post
    I sent an email to our district office (which is the state office) and asked the director about our availability, the required match, and whether or not we could use it to expand our station.
    Post what they reply, so we can know what was said on that one.

(If you would be so kind- 49) rhymes doesnt it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    It's MHI of area served by the project, not the county. Hence the reason they run GIS checks based on either GPS coordinates or roads for the outer border of the service area to ensure that the proper residents are being represented. Do it all the time with unincorporated areas since they only pull census data for the MHI from either city name on the physical address of the department, or ZIP code, neither of which are accurate in unincorporated areas.
    Very interesting Brian! I am in a similar predicament as my local USDA rep quoted me the figures on the entire town (but our hamlet is less than 10% of the town and we don't have the expensive homes overlooking the Hudson River [i.e. we would qualify for some assistance]) Where might I find more info on this, since he has told me a couple times the best he can do is a fixed loan of like 4%? Thanks, Ben

Forum Member

Just have to bring a GIS report showing the area served and the vitals, see if they don't bite. Still have to make it down to around $26k MHI (not per capita) so might be tough up that way to make it work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Post what they reply, so we can know what was said on that one.

(If you would be so kind- 49) rhymes doesnt it?
    The coordinator's response:

Eligibility for these grants is based on the median household income (MHI) of the community or rural area, as determined by the US census. A community or rural area must have an MHI below $35,981 to be eligible at all for grants. Unfortunately, the census data indicates that [your community] has an MHI of $48,598. Therefore, [your community] is not grant eligible.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information