Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Log in problem

Forum Member

Default Log in problem

The last few times I have visited the site I have had a problem. I will come to the site and click on a forum to read and all of the new threads that should be in bold showing that they are new or have been added to are not. In the right had corner where it says You lasted visited will change. It's like I'm getting logged in 2 times.

Example say I checked the site at 830 am then check it again at 230 pm. It will be correct when I hit the Forums homepage and say lasted visited at 8 30am but as soon as I click into a sub forum it changes and will say last visited at 230 pm and there won't be any new threads highlighted.

Is there something wrong on my end that I need to be looking at?

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

I've been noticing similar oddities lately. When I click on "New Posts" sometimes I only get a handful of results, even if I haven't logged on in a couple of days. I'll usually have at least 3 or 4 pages of new posts if I haven't been on in a day or two.

I've also noticed some threads where replies get posted above the original post. That gets confusing.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I think these issues are all related .... see my response on Harve's thread.

Well, there are maybe 4 or 5 new threads about the problems but I haven't seen the webteam comment on any of them yet, although they did answer my email to them about it. Maybe some of you experiencing these other issues should email them as well.
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 04-24-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I just replied to the email I received, so hopefully it will definitely be looked into soon. Wouldn't hurt for others to email too, though.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the email. Just in case you didn't already know, there are other technical issues, such as the posts are appearing in the wrong order. This has happened before. For example, someone will start a thread, but their post appears AFTER someone's reply. I think there are now a handful of new threads in the Site Comments forum about all the problems.

Thanks, have great weekend!
    Revised: UGH I just got the dreaded "wait three seconds" error after clicking on New Posts upon exiting this thread. *sigh* Hit the back arrow to add this to my post and hopefully escape the error.
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 04-24-2010 at 11:21 AM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default Problems

I'm in the same boat. Wait three seconds to move on etc....posting out of order. I'm going to sit back and let the dust settle before I venture back to this site.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

I definitely spoke too soon .... just got 3 threads when I clicked on New Posts after accessing by clicking on the email notification for this thread.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Administrator

Default Forum Challenges

Thank you very much for bringing these issues to our attention. We have forwarded the issues to our technical team and they are investigating. My apologies for the inconvenience.

If you continue to experience challenges with our site and you need a more immediate response, please use the form on our contact us page.

http://www.firehouse.com/contact-us

Thank you,
    Webteam
    Firehouse.com

Thread Information