Forum Member

I would call and write your regional rep on this. I ran into the same thing last year and was told by my regional rep that they knew of the problem and to just list the firefighting rigs, do not list anything at all under the "other" section.
    Sounds like we are already off to some "computer" problems for 2010.

Good Luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2010 Online Application Issue?

Has anyone else run into issues with the online application system while doing a vehicle app? My issue is as follows:

In the Applicant Charecteristics II section you need to fill out information regarding your vehicles, how many of each class and number of riding positions.

In the Request Details section under Update Vehicle Inventory you need to provide additional information regarding Age, Pump GPM and Gallons Carried. The instructions for that section state: "* In the space provided below, list all of your Engines/Pumpers, Tankers, Aerials, Brush and Rescue Vehicles. Do not list any vehicles from your inventory listed as “Other”. List all vehicles providing the type, the age, the pump capacity (GPM) if applicable, the carrying capacity (gallons) if applicable. "

I have ten vehicles total, 2 type 1 engines, 2 tenders, 4 type 6 wildland engines, and a Polaris 6x6 (listed as OTHER), and a Pickup (listed as OTHER). As per the instructions I did not list the two OTHER vehicles in the Request Details section, when I hit save and continue it tells me that the Applicant Characteristics Section has ten vehicles and I have only provided information for 8 of them. Exactly! Thats what the instructions say....

Do I list the OTHER(s) as well? What's the recommendation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdff1520 View Post
    Has anyone else run into issues with the online application system while doing a vehicle app? My issue is as follows:

In the Applicant Charecteristics II section you need to fill out information regarding your vehicles, how many of each class and number of riding positions.

In the Request Details section under Update Vehicle Inventory you need to provide additional information regarding Age, Pump GPM and Gallons Carried. The instructions for that section state: "* In the space provided below, list all of your Engines/Pumpers, Tankers, Aerials, Brush and Rescue Vehicles. Do not list any vehicles from your inventory listed as “Other”. List all vehicles providing the type, the age, the pump capacity (GPM) if applicable, the carrying capacity (gallons) if applicable. "

I have ten vehicles total, 2 type 1 engines, 2 tenders, 4 type 6 wildland engines, and a Polaris 6x6 (listed as OTHER), and a Pickup (listed as OTHER). As per the instructions I did not list the two OTHER vehicles in the Request Details section, when I hit save and continue it tells me that the Applicant Characteristics Section has ten vehicles and I have only provided information for 8 of them. Exactly! Thats what the instructions say....

Do I list the OTHER(s) as well? What's the recommendation?
    sdff1520 - did you ever speak with your regional rep about this issue? Any guidance for the rest of us?

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry, should have posted the results of my inquiry. I was advised by the help desk to go ahead and list the vehicles that were in the "other" category even though the instructions indicated otherwise. Apparently this was a glitch last year as well, and was to be corrected but slipped through the cracks.

Forum Member

Sorry, should have posted the results of my inquiry. I was advised by the help desk to go ahead and list the vehicles that were in the "other" category even though the instructions indicated otherwise. Apparently this was a glitch last year as well, and was to be corrected but slipped through the cracks.
    just to confirm - list ALL trucks in the applicant information AND on the vehicle inventory page?

Thanks
    -dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep, complete vehicle inventory in the Applicant Characteristics Section and in order to get the online app to alllow you to finish the request details section you must also list the complete inventory (with the age details, etc...) there as well.

Forum Member

Yep, complete vehicle inventory in the Applicant Characteristics Section and in order to get the online app to alllow you to finish the request details section you must also list the complete inventory (with the age details, etc...) there as well.
    Perfect. Thanks for the quick replies.

Forum Member

You bet thanks alot.

Thread Information