Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Replaceing a 1972 Vangaurd cab over with 750 pump with 900 gal tank.
    Wanting to replace with an 1250 pump with 1000gal tank. When choosing from the drop downs:
    Pumper/Engine
    Type 1
    Type 2
    We are a rural department, I pretty sure that it would be a Pumper/Engine
    Any insights ?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Default Yet another question.....

So we all know that 2010 application period opened today....

Since we have not yet received our award for a 2009 application (received 10 questions a couple weeks ago), do we NOT count the new tender towards our current fleet on 2010 application??

Any thoughts?....I know this is a question for our GMS.

Quote Originally Posted by jfire26 View Post
    So we all know that 2010 application period opened today....

Since we have not yet received our award for a 2009 application (received 10 questions a couple weeks ago), do we NOT count the new tender towards our current fleet on 2010 application??

Any thoughts?....I know this is a question for our GMS.
    My thought process is: you have not been awarded the vehicle, nor have you ordered it, therefore it does not yet exist...

But, you can send the tender to me for safe keeping...

Forum Member

We are floating in the same boat. I am trying to get this application submitted before we get awarded so that it cannot count against our fleet age. My philosophy is that the award is not guaranteed, so why would i count it?

Forum Member

Actually the timing test is the end of the application period, not when you submit. So if it will be awarded (95% sure all will be) before May 28th then it has to be counted. They'd yank the grant anyway if it wasn't reported, which would probably hurt more in the long run than including it.

MembersZone Subscriber
    20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

Question #1
    Under FD Characteristics (Part 2), I think I know the answer to this but! I am guessing that I need to take the 3-year average operating budget including our 09-forestry grant and our 09 AFG award and then show the percentage under grants? Do I average these in with or without our local share?
    Question #2
    Under view details, we are trying to replace a 1984 pumper 1000-gpm pump, 1000 gal. Water. Because of building size constraints, the only new apparatus close to this that we can fit is a Ford F550, 750 gpm, and 500 gal. water. What class should I put this under engine or brush/attack? From what I have read, I could class it as a pumper under the engine class. If I do this, it would fall under 1901 standard right? No way we will be able to put all the required equipment for 1901 on a F550?
    I think I have answered my own questions but I am going to field them anyway just to be sure.

Forum Member

Grant awards do not get included in budgets because they are one-time infusions of money.

If you run 1901 with it you'd need the ladders and other good stuff on it to make it compliant. If the truck won't hold all the goods for 1901 then you'd have to run under 1906 since admitting it wouldn't be compliant is ground for a denial.

MembersZone Subscriber
    20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=BC79er;1170851]Grant awards do not get included in budgets because they are one-time infusions of money.

IIf that is the case why do they have a spot labled "Grants" under the percentage of budget is?

Forum Member

Because in some areas the tax money they receive is called "grant". Also in some areas there are departments that receive grant awards every year, like one town in PA where the 3 departments share a few hundred thou every year from a foundation started by a man that grew up there and passed away loaded. Since they get the money every year they have to count it. AFG awards and other so-called "games of chance" are not counted because you can't plan on the money coming in.

Thread Information