Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Extrication Glove Question

    Does anyone have any experience in using extrication gloves. I guess what info I am looking for is what is the best glove out there to purchase.


  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTFR2 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience in using extrication gloves. I guess what info I am looking for is what is the best glove out there to purchase.
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/Fire%2CRe...l%2CGloves/R32

    I can't speak for other brands, but I use the Ringers 911 Gloves (see link) and love'em...they are comfortable and apparantly durable because I use them all the time and they don't look like they've been bothered at all.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    It's a shame they don't make the Mechanix gloves anymore. I've had a pair for several years now and they're the best I've had. I've got a pair of Ringers that seem to be holding up well, too. There's a couple of other brands out there that seem to be built well and hold up well, but watch out as some are junk.

    If you've got some sales reps you deal with, see if they won't give you a pair to play with and see how you like them.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's a shame they don't make the Mechanix gloves anymore.
    http://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-MG-05.../dp/B0001VNZQY


    Still alive and well. My local auto parts store stocks too. Last i was there, Wal Mart had tons of them too.

    While the Mechanix gloves offer no protection against Biohazards, they are far more comfortable then most extrication gloves.

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WD6956 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-MG-05.../dp/B0001VNZQY


    Still alive and well. My local auto parts store stocks too. Last i was there, Wal Mart had tons of them too.

    While the Mechanix gloves offer no protection against Biohazards, they are far more comfortable then most extrication gloves.
    I'm talking about their extrication glove they made several years ago. The pit crew glove they have is close, but not quite the same thing.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rural Iowa
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReb22 View Post
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/Fire%2CRe...l%2CGloves/R32

    I can't speak for other brands, but I use the Ringers 911 Gloves (see link) and love'em...they are comfortable and apparantly durable because I use them all the time and they don't look like they've been bothered at all.
    At FDIC Shelby was showing a new extrication glove that look pretty decent (w/barrier). Price around same as 911 as I recall.

    ProTec was also showing 2nd generation of their rescue glove. Much thicker (think cold weather) than 911 or Shelby.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NFPA's idea about extrication gloves
    By rmoore in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
  2. Test-taking Tactics: Evaluating Answer Choices
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 03:02 PM
  3. 2007 New York Fire Exam Prep
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
  4. Extrication Question
    By RVFD506 in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
  5. Extrication Question ?
    By ffsmromstadt13 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts