MembersZone Subscriber

Default Who is from Arizona

The State of Az got a small pair (small) and passed a very limited law to attack the huge problem of illegals invading the SW US. The progressive leftists twits in DC, and around the US, are reacting in the typical moronic manner. Whinning, protesting and boycotting.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0mLvOelJT

If you're from Az, what are some good business you can recommend that the normal Americans should patronize? Whatever the business sector, if you work there or buy from then. Better yet if they have a website. Fire equipment vendors? I need to have some color postcards printed soon. Thinking about a new helmet light. Who is go to in Az?

Easy for normal capitalists to outweigh the negative impact of leftists feeding at the gov't trough.

Post the business and web sites.

Forum Member

I'm glad they did as well. I also hope they rid their state of the so called illegal immigrants.

I also can't wait to see the demographic of individuals who step up to do the jobs done by that segment.

I bet there are tons of legal citizens itching to get jobs picking crops, working in car washes, cleaning hotel rooms and bussing tables for minimum wage.

Should be fun to watch.

In addition to the potentially enormous amount of civil rights lawsuits that will be coming their way when Americans get pulled over and asked for their papers.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Exclamation

I for one am glad they stepped up to the plate and enacted this law. The US Government has had many years to do something but has sat on their arz and have not did one thing to keep them out.

Illegal's have no business in the US. You can't go to any other county and be there illegally!!!

Back In Black

Why the controversy. If you don't speak english and look like you are from Mexico, why shouldn't they check your citizenship.

Can common sense still find a place to exist in this country???

That's like saying if you are driving on the sidewalk from the passenger seat a cop shouldn't be able to ask for your license.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Why the controversy. If you don't speak english and look like you are from Mexico, why shouldn't they check your citizenship.
    Is that the standard that is going to be used for all who don't speak english? I recently spent some time in Little Odessa in NYC. Should everyone there not speaking english be forced to show proof of their citizenship? How about the German neighborhoods in Milwaukee? Or the Asian neighborhoods? Since when has speaking English become the signpost for determining who is a citizen and who isn't?
    Have you been to Mexico? I was in Mexico City about 15 years ago. There are numerous individuals speaking spanish that are blond haired and blue eyed. Those pesky Spaniards weren't little brown people. Neither were the French when they occupied Mexico until they got kicked out. In fact that battle is memorialized every year by the French Foreign Legion. Flying off on a tangent. I never understood why anyone would memorialize a certified *** kicking. Which is what Texans do with the Alamo.

Can common sense still find a place to exist in this country???
    Where is the common sense in this law?

That's like saying if you are driving on the sidewalk from the passenger seat a cop shouldn't be able to ask for your license.
    So how is said cop going to acertain who looks like they are here legally or not? A desire to do arduous manual labor? A prediliction for eating off of taco trucks?
    Last edited by scfire86; 04-28-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Forum Member

I'll respond more later.

This article discusses the already occurring unintended consequences.

If I'm the tourist bureau in FL or CA. AZ just handed me a gift on a platter.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Is that the standard that is going to be used for all who don't speak english? I recently spent some time in Little Odessa in NYC. Should everyone there not speaking english be forced to show proof of their citizenship? How about the German neighborhoods in Milwaukee? Or the Asian neighborhoods? Since when has speaking English become the signpost for determining who is a citizen and who isn't?
    I didn't say it was the standard or any such thing. But if the evidence is there, then it should be investigated.

Speaking English isn't, that's why they check.

The states along the Mexican border are being overrun. You're in California, you know that.

The benefits of cheap labor are lost when the states have to foot ever increasing social services costs. Now let's pile on the free healthcare.

Have you been to Mexico? I was in Mexico City about 15 years ago. There are numerous individuals speaking spanish that are blond haired and blue eyed. Those pesky Spaniards weren't little brown people. Neither were the French when they occupied Mexico until they got kicked out. In fact that battle is memorialized every year by the French Foreign Legion. Flying off on a tangent. I never understood why anyone would memorialize a certified *** kicking. Which is what Texans do with the Alamo.
    Yes, I've been to Mexico. My grandfather was from Spain, and he was 6' 2" and was as white as they come.

However, it's really stupid to deny that most Mexicans have a brown complexion.

Where is the common sense in this law?
    Simple, why shouldn't a suspected crime be investigated?

So how is said cop going to acertain who looks like they are here legally or not? A desire to do arduous manual labor? A prediliction for eating off of taco trucks?
    You do realize the federal government already does this, right?

They patrol the border on the American side and stop people in the desert and challenge their citizenship.

Is it because it's another 5 miles over the border that you find this wrong? Or should we stop ALL attempts to maintain the border?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

This law enables local law enforcment to cut out the middle man. Prior to this being enacted, Border Patrol would have to be called for all suspected cases. Now, instead of waiting, local law enforcment can do it themselves.

This saves time and tax payers money. This also rids our already saturated state of people who are here illegally. Doing so creates jobs for current citizens impacted by the economy. Your argument about people who would be willing to do all those low wage jobs is invalid, there are people willing to do anything to make money to pay their mortgage or put food on the table.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobbbbbbbbbbo View Post
    This saves time and tax payers money. This also rids our already saturated state of people who are here illegally. Doing so creates jobs for current citizens impacted by the economy. Your argument about people who would be willing to do all those low wage jobs is invalid, there are people willing to do anything to make money to pay their mortgage or put food on the table.
    Then why aren't they doing them now? You're saying there are thousands of American citizens being denied the opportunity to work in the fields?

MembersZone Subscriber

... Flying off on a tangent. I never understood why anyone would memorialize a certified *** kicking. Which is what Texans do with the Alamo...?
    Why not your ilk celebrates Tet Offensive and don't even realize the commie pinkos LOST.

You're right though. Shut off the lefties 193 weeks of unemployment "pay". A hungry man/woman will get out of the hammock and "GO GET A JOB". Any job.

Back In Black

I'll respond more later.

This article discusses the already occurring unintended consequences.

If I'm the tourist bureau in FL or CA. AZ just handed me a gift on a platter.
    Yes, sometimes there is a price for doing the right thing.

The liberals aren't good tippers, so most of the service folks don't mind.

Forum Member

Then why aren't they doing them now? You're saying there are thousands of American citizens being denied the opportunity to work in the fields?
    I've got friends and relatives who have worked construction until builders learned that they could hire three or four guys who weren't here legally and didn't want a lot of fuss over paying into Social Security for the same cost as they would pay ONE guy who was born here,had a valid SSN and paid his taxes every year.
    The reason those jobs aren't being filled by Americans now is because it costs less to hire an illegally immigrant than it does to hire someone who is already on the books as a taxpayer.
    Besides,what's the big deal about checking immigration status?During the 90s,gun owners were told that if they didn't want certain types of firearms,we didn't have to worry about the latest gun control law.
    I say,if people are in this country legally,they shouldn't have anything to worry about this new Arizona law,which they have the Right under the US Constitution to enact.Something about any power not specifically granted to the FEDERAL Government is reserved to the States or more properly,the People.
    But,I could be wrong.

Forum Member

Flying off on a tangent. I never understood why anyone would memorialize a certified *** kicking. Which is what Texans do with the Alamo.

Point #1:The reason the Battle of the Alamo is celebrated is because the guys that fought and died there delayed Santa Anna long enough for Sam Houston to raise a big enough army to pay back said certified a** kicking and rout Mexican troops from Texas territory so they could start their own nation before joining the United States.

Point #2: Driving around in vehicles loaded with more people than there are seatbelts is usually one indication of a reason to stop ANY vehicle.
    Lots of illegals around Memphis still have Texas plates with no visible intention of properly registering them in Tennessee like the LAW says to do.That's another indicator for a sharp eyed law enforcement officer.
    Ways to verify legal immigration status include having the proper certificates of Mother-may-I? in case someone with law enforcement status wants to ask to see them.
    Nobody made them cross international borders to find work.Is it too much to expect that they respect our laws as we are expected to obey theirs when in Mexico and other nations?
    What happens when an American illegally enters Mexico?They don't get free education for their kids,driver's license exam requirements eased and written in English,and they sure don't have presumption of innocence if arrested for a crime.
    Last edited by doughesson; 04-30-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Point #1:The reason the Battle of the Alamo is celebrated is because the guys that fought and died there delayed Santa Anna long enough for Sam Houston to raise a big enough army to pay back said certified a** kicking and rout Mexican troops from Texas territory so they could start their own nation before joining the United States.
    But they still got their asses kicked. I could understand if they got all teary eyed about the Battle of San Jacinto.

Point #2: Driving around in vehicles loaded with more people than there are seatbelts is usually one indication of a reason to stop ANY vehicle.
    That is a safety violation. So one person driving by him or herself won't be suspicious?

Lots of illegals around Memphis still have Texas plates with no visible intention of properly registering them in Tennessee like the LAW says to do.That's another indicator for a sharp eyed law enforcement officer.
    Ways to verify legal immigration status include having the proper certificates of Mother-may-I? in case someone with law enforcement status wants to ask to see them.
    How do you know they are residents of Memphis? Is there a sign on their cars that say live in TN even though they have TX plates? What if they're just visiting?

Nobody made them cross international borders to find work.Is it too much to expect that they respect our laws as we are expected to obey theirs when in Mexico and other nations?
    Not the point. The point is what is going to be used to justify detaining anyone?

What happens when an American illegally enters Mexico?They don't get free education for their kids,driver's license exam requirements eased and written in English,and they sure don't have presumption of innocence if arrested for a crime.
    Should we adopt the lifestyle and economic system of Mexico? Seems like you admire their society.

Back In Black

A few days into this law and the world is continuing to spin...

Oh, I also heard a short news update that the lawmakers have changed the wording to cover only those that police have stopped, detained or arrested. (speeding, etc).

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh, I also heard a short news update that the lawmakers have changed the wording to cover only those that police have stopped, detained or arrested. (speeding, etc).
    That was already in the legislation. Lefty news forgot to mention.

Have to show ID to get on a plane or purchase with a check. But can ask for ID a the polls or to demonstrate citizenship. Only a leftist would come up with that logic.

Forum Member

As well it will continue to spin. I'm hoping AZ is sucessful. Then we'll see what the price will be for Americans to want to work in the occupations that is now being done by so called illegal immigrants.

I have yet to see an individual of fair skinned complexion wanting a job picking strawberries.

Back In Black

As well it will continue to spin. I'm hoping AZ is sucessful. Then we'll see what the price will be for Americans to want to work in the occupations that is now being done by so called illegal immigrants.

I have yet to see an individual of fair skinned complexion wanting a job picking strawberries.
    Wait, what about all those fair skinned mexicans you talked about earlier... don't they want a job?

MembersZone Subscriber

paper said today that there is a law enacted in 1952 has required that aliens in the country required to carry registration documents.

"Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration with him or alien registration receipt card issued to him."

and people need to remember that while the largest group of immigrants is hispanic, the second largest of illegal immigrants is canadians, white canadians at that
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    and people need to remember that while the largest group of immigrants is hispanic, the second largest of illegal immigrants is canadians, white canadians at that
    What about martians?

MembersZone Subscriber

What about martians?
    Watch it, questioning members of ACORN likely will be viewed as racist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I think the best part of the new law requires anyone on the ballot in that state must provide evidence of their US citizenship. Can you say, Where's your birth certificate Barack?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    I think the best part of the new law requires anyone on the ballot in that state must provide evidence of their US citizenship. Can you say, Where's your birth certificate Barack?
    Your behind the times, its been shown.

I dont understand the problem with this law. If your legal, dont worry. "Well I dont need to be pulled over because im Mexican", So what? Thats the same logic as "I dont need to be pulled over for driving erratically" when it comes to a DUI, if you LOOK suspicious, then your getting pulled over and questioned. Thats Law Enforcements job, get it over it. Better yet, get out of AZ.

I think its amazing the Mexico issued a travel advisory, im more than happy not having my mall parking lots packed with Sonora license plates and a bunch of loud whistling (they whistle, ALOT) families.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by bobbbbbbbbbbo View Post
    I think its amazing the Mexico issued a travel advisory, im more than happy not having my mall parking lots packed with Sonora license plates and a bunch of loud whistling (they whistle, ALOT) families.
    Yea, it's much safer in Ciudad Juarez. Unless you're a mexican police officer.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb...exico-police21

Thread Information