Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Post-Award: How do we do this?

We have all the bids back and decided on one.

1) Does anyone have an example for a contract that you had with the vendor for a vehicle? Do we write it or does the vendor? We have all the specs, CAD drawings, pricing, etc for the vehicle. However, there needs to be a few changes to it. We haven't specified decal work yet.

In general, what do I need to do next? What do we need to document? HELP, please.

I just sat through that grant management tutorial, which is sooo loong and it didn't really answer my questions. Are the regional rep and GMS any help with answering these sorts of questions?

Forum Member

"Vehicle awardees are required to obtain a prepayment bond if they advance any
    funding to the vehicle manufacturer. Vehicle awardees may be required to submit
    documentation regarding their purchase as a condition of receiving payment."

What does this mean?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post

What does this mean?
    Ignore this part as you are purchasing a complete unit delivered to you, AND making payment in one lump sum at time of delivery.

MembersZone Subscriber

What does this mean?
    From the PG:

8. Prepayments: A grantee may not use grant funds to prepay for any products or services in advance of delivery of the products or rendering of services. A down payment for the purchase of a vehicle is allowable if required in the purchase contract, but we will only allow up to 25 percent of the Federal share to be drawn for this purpose. No additional funds beyond the down payment will be provided in advance of the delivery of the vehicle. Any costs over-and-above the 25 percent limit such as the cost of a chassis or any other fees or services must be borne by the grantee or deferred until final payment is drawn. Federal funds may not be used for any other periodic or progress payments, except the final payment, which should not be requested until after the vehicle is received, inspected, and accepted by the grantee.

That is where the prepayment bond comes into play. Basically an insurance policy if a company goes belly up before completing the contract.

Talking

We have all the bids back and decided on one.

1) Does anyone have an example for a contract that you had with the vendor for a vehicle? Do we write it or does the vendor? We have all the specs, CAD drawings, pricing, etc for the vehicle. However, there needs to be a few changes to it. We haven't specified decal work yet.

In general, what do I need to do next? What do we need to document? HELP, please.

I just sat through that grant management tutorial, which is sooo loong and it didn't really answer my questions. Are the regional rep and GMS any help with answering these sorts of questions?
    Med:

1. I will dig out a copy of our boilerplate contract as a sample for you to look at.
    2. When you received bids back , you should make up a comparison spreadsheet, documenting differences or exceptions taken by the vendor from your specs. And comparing all bidders equally against that spec, including price offered.

3. make your selection based on who is most responsive & offering the vehicle that most closely meets your specs.

4. write a contract that gives those specs and payment description along with warrantee descriptions, delivery date and penalty for late delivery, amount to be paid in full. [ This should be reviewed by an attny.

5 have a meeting with selected vendor and your board of directors/ president of association[ whoever is designated to conduct business] to sign contract.

6. Contact AFG requesting payment with expected delivery date. [ they don't want to transfer funds more then 30 days ahead.
    7. Keep copies of all correspondence in a folder for documentation in case of an audit from our friends at AFG. [3 years required per the PG]

8. take delivery and final inspection against your specs.
    9. Hand over check to vendor.
    10. Make sure to notify state EMS office of need to switch amb license to new vehicle.[ here the paperwork can be done in advance . Notify your insurance carrier with new vehicle description and VIN # along with date of transfer, to make sure the insurance coverage is swapped at the right time.

11. Move all EMS equipment from your old truck. Put your new truck in service and enjoy a safe new no dents Ambulance.

12 have a BIG celebration for your first venture into the grant writing world.
    Congrats, you did a great job for your service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Med:

1. I will dig out a copy of our boilerplate contract as a sample for you to look at.
    2. When you received bids back , you should make up a comparison spreadsheet, documenting differences or exceptions taken by the vendor from your specs. And comparing all bidders equally against that spec, including price offered.

3. make your selection based on who is most responsive & offering the vehicle that most closely meets your specs.

4. write a contract that gives those specs and payment description along with warrantee descriptions, delivery date and penalty for late delivery, amount to be paid in full. [ This should be reviewed by an attny.

5 have a meeting with selected vendor and your board of directors/ president of association[ whoever is designated to conduct business] to sign contract.

6. Contact AFG requesting payment with expected delivery date. [ they don't want to transfer funds more then 30 days ahead.
    7. Keep copies of all correspondence in a folder for documentation in case of an audit from our friends at AFG. [3 years required per the PG]

8. take delivery and final inspection against your specs.
    9. Hand over check to vendor.
    10. Make sure to notify state EMS office of need to switch amb license to new vehicle.[ here the paperwork can be done in advance . Notify your insurance carrier with new vehicle description and VIN # along with date of transfer, to make sure the insurance coverage is swapped at the right time.

11. Move all EMS equipment from your old truck. Put your new truck in service and enjoy a safe new no dents Ambulance.

12 have a BIG celebration for your first venture into the grant writing world.
    Congrats, you did a great job for your service.
    Thanks for all the responses. This response makes me feel so much better. I would really appreciate a copy of your contract. You can send it to my Jefferson email or ReadeAreaAmbulance@gmail.com

Talking

Mail sent to your school address.:-}

Forum Member

Thanks. It was a huge help. We are going to have an attorney look over our contract next week. There were a few things that I changed since we were buying a demo vehicle that is already constructed. Just needs the 4x4 and a few minor changes.

I'm so glad that we're right on track with everything you are telling us.

Talking

Med: your very welcome. :-}

Thread Information