Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default NFRIS report system

I have been helping with the AFG grant for a few years now. The last time we were awarded a AFG grant was in 2003. Since then we have been getting DJ'd. One of the questions in the AFG grant is: do you report to the NFRIS. and what is your NFRIS number. We always answered them yes and gave the number. I was beginning to think that maybe our call volume was not jiving with the NFRIS reports, so I emailed our fire service training bureau and asked them if we could get the reports for the last three years. They emailed me back stating that we have not filed reports since Dec. '03. I asked our chief about that and he claims that he has been reporting them. My question is: is this the reason that we can not get past the computer scoring?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeidFire17 View Post
    I have been helping with the AFG grant for a few years now. The last time we were awarded a AFG grant was in 2003. Since then we have been getting DJ'd. One of the questions in the AFG grant is: do you report to the NFRIS. and what is your NFRIS number. We always answered them yes and gave the number. I was beginning to think that maybe our call volume was not jiving with the NFRIS reports, so I emailed our fire service training bureau and asked them if we could get the reports for the last three years. They emailed me back stating that we have not filed reports since Dec. '03. I asked our chief about that and he claims that he has been reporting them. My question is: is this the reason that we can not get past the computer scoring?
    Doubt it as you answered YES. There is no cross check to my knowledge but should match anyway. I would get your ducks in a row in the event you get audited by AFG. Not sure what program they are using for NFRS but like the Firehouse software, they may be entering all the information but they need to Manually Submit/Sending the files. Otherwise the state will never see them sitting on your computer.

It more likely has to do with call volume versus cost of your grant request. There is a limit that no one knows for sure. You can request a explanation of denial within 30 days of your DJ letter to find out why for sure. Start there but get your NFRS done.

Thread Information