Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forum Member

Question Could I have screwed up?!

Hello. I went to this website: http://www.hmesilverfox.com/

I clicked the build a truck now icon to see what it was all about and selected some options then hit select at the bottom of the page. I expected it to show me pictures of what the truck would look like (like a car dealer's websie would. I.e you can make your own custom car online to see what it looks like, but you dont intend to buy it.) Anyhow, it said that my "specs and quicksheet" would be emailed to me (which they havent), but I dont intend to buy an apparatus. I was just wondering if any of you guys can answer some of my questions. Did I just accidently sign up to buy a fire truck or am I ok? I know I sound like an idot, but look at my username and that should explain it all. Hopefully it is just a printout of what the cost would be if I actually wanted to a truck. I went on there expecting to see some pics and info of what the complete truck would look like, but havent heard from HME and definitely dont want to buy a fire truck. Any help would be appreaciated.

Forum Member

Tell me you're joking? *rolls eyes*

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbob View Post
    Tell me you're joking? *rolls eyes*
    No. I am being serious, unfortunately. Not one of my brightest moments, but I need to know what I need to do.

Forum Member

Did you send money?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Did you send money?
    No. It didnt ask me for any financial information. It just said "Your Specifications and Quicksheet will be emailed to you shortly". I have already called them, but they are closed which I believe is why I havent recieved an email back yet. Anyhow, if you look at the build a truck thingy, you will see what I mean. I really hope I havent gotten into anything. *Bites nails*

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob View Post
    I really hope I havent gotten into anything. *Bites nails*
    Dude. You screwed the pooch royally. Obviously you didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the screen.....The last guy that came on here with this same complaint received his specs, build sheets, material submittals, and a complete itemized invoice (requesting payment in certified funds within 90 days) in the mail less than a week after hitting the "ENTER" button.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Dude. You screwed the pooch royally. Obviously you didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the screen.....The last guy that came on here with this same complaint received his specs, build sheets, material submittals, and a complete itemized invoice (requesting payment in certified funds within 90 days) in the mail less than a week after hitting the "ENTER" button.
    Can I get out of this. I have already called them and left two messages. I am seriously panicing. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THEY WILL UNDERSTAN THAT I JUST MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.

Forum Member

Wow man, you shouldn't have done that. That really sucks for you. How are you going to pay for the truck? I mean, the apparatus builders aren't there for your entertainment. Once you go that far into the build a truck program and they send you the specs, that's a binding contract. Hopefully you'll be able to find a dept. that needs a truck and likes what you ordered

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Are you talking about the website that I listed or a different one. Also, what happened to the other guy. Also, I hve not recieved anything from them. I have called them and left 3 messages explaining how this whole thing was an accident. PLEASE TELL ME THAT I WILL BE OK. I am freaking out, dude. I didnt see any fine print on the website that I went to. I thought it was like a car dealer where you have to actually SEND FINANCIAL information. Omg I am scared!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    wow man, you shouldn't have done that. That really sucks for you. How are you going to pay for the truck? I mean, the apparatus builders aren't there for your entertainment. Once you go that far into the build a truck program and they send you the specs, that's a binding contract. Hopefully you'll be able to find a dept. That needs a truck and likes what you ordered
    no. This cant happen. They havent sent me anything yet. There were no terms and / or agreements that they asked me to agree to though.

Forum Member

Awe, look at the bright side, the girls will love a man with his own firetruck.
    At 5-6 miles per gallon, it'll be a bit expensive to cruise the drag with thou.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    Awe, look at the bright side, the girls will love a man with his own firetruck.
    At 5-6 miles per gallon, it'll be a bit expensive to cruise the drag with thou.
    WHEW. Ok. I am ok. I just got done talking to the president of my fire dept and he said that I will recieve some promotional brochures etc. and that I am not entitled to purchase anything. Everything is A okAy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob View Post
    no. This cant happen. They havent sent me anything yet. There were no terms and / or agreements that they asked me to agree to though.

It can and it did, and has to other posters before. You agree to the terms when you start the build a truck program.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    It can and it did, and has to other posters before. You agree to the terms when you start the build a truck program.
    The President of my fire company said that nothing will happen. He said they will probably send me some brochure. He also has my back if anything goes wrong. He knowsthe loop-holes in HME's contracts since he has delt with HME many times before. They try to get you into these supposedly sticky situations. He also stated this "Any terms and / or agreements that are to be met MUST be stated in print before the click of the button which they were not noted at all during this whole situation." They did not state anywhere that I would agree to any terms if I clicked the build a truck or anything. I have carefully searched the website for anything stating such and found nothing. We are okay. He said that he will also contact HME and make sure that nothing happened and if it did, he will help me straighten it out. I find it very hard to believe that buying a fire truck is that easy. Plus, there was nothing that stated anything about finances that need to be paid. Case closed.

Forum Member

I just talked to a buddy of mine that works for HME. He logged in to the web site and he said it appears you bought a truck. He said they will probably be contacting you Monday or Tuesday to figure out the payment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT2410 View Post
    I just talked to a buddy of mine that works for HME. He logged in to the web site and he said it appears you bought a truck. He said they will probably be contacting you Monday or Tuesday to figure out the payment.
    Can you give me a number or email to contact him. I have a very lgit reason for this whole mishap. People mke mistakes and sometimes we mean to hit the back button, buthit a different button. I need to talk to someone. Can I please talk to your friend? Also, I am sure that there must be some sort of warranty. I can simply return it if it has to arrive.

Everyone of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Clearly he should have considered the new S version of the Pierce Velocity, with the pimp wing and the underbody neon.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Exclamation

Never ever click on a link that someone you do not know has put on a web site or forums.

It's call spam and a virus will eat you hard dirve, maybe not today but when you least expect it...

I think your name fits!!

Forum Member

bottom of the linked page: " Get your quote in email "

Forum Member

Exclamation

Noob-

Let me tell you from experience, that your world is getting ready to turn upside down.

I was on an apparatus website, was curious and hit enter too. Within a week or so, I was contacted by the dealer inquiring about my funds and how I was going to pay for the truck. I didn't know that by hitting the enter key, that I had commited to a contract for a fire truck.

I had told them that I was just curious, but there was fine print that I didn't see, and now I'm the not so proud owner of an engine company. I'm glad I put an extra long cab on the truck, as I am now living in the cab since I was taken to court and had to file for bankruptcy. I lost my house, my pick up and my family, all because I didn't read the fine print and curiosity got the best of my.

If you can, please get in touch with somebody, and plead your case. Don't let the same thing happen to you.

Thread Information