Forum Member

Default Interested in working overseas...Questions

I'm very interested in working overseas. There are many companies I've seen mentioned, does anybody know which of them(if any) are hiring? How is the situation with WSI or Wackenhut? I have my FFI/II Proboard certs, EMT-Basic Cert and have career experience in the fire service. How much experience is absolutely necessary? I realize I need my certs in Hazmat Awareness and Ops. I have prior military experience as well, not in the fire service. I'm single, own a home, and have family supporting me. Is it really that difficult to obtain a contract? Anyways, thanks ahead for the responses, I hope that this is a realistic opportunity for me.

Forum Member

I too am very curious about this. I am really wanting to go over. been looking around a lot. I really want to get my foot in the door somewhere. any help?

Forum Member

Do most contract companies absolutely "require" Aircraft Rescue Firefighter training?

Forum Member

ARFF is a huge plus when seeking contract or overseas FF work. However, not all require just have to keep plugging away and researching the major players out there.

Afghan and Iraq are basically over although they are still sending some but it is not like its' hey day back in 04/05 when 20-30 people were being sent every week or so.

Try looking on ITT, CSC and KRSJV web sites. CSC was looking for a crew chief on Antigua but not sure if that is still available. KRSJV is Kwajalien, lower pay than majority of the contract world but tropical island life and tax free. Last heard they were short staffed so the guys were getting some OT.

Again, use the power of the internet to look for FF jobs. there are simply to many companies out there now getting these contracts and I do not know who they all are. I was lucky to land this current position and I do not plan to go anywhere anytime soon, sorry!

Good luck!
    Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Forum Member

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll keep pursuing til' I land my first contract.

Thread Information