Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WatchDog Pagers

I'll check with the guys that are leading the committee regarding which Swissphone they were able to demo. And I'll shoot you a PM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Have you fixed the poor receive issues with the pager? I demo one and it work like the Tribute 911 and they are out of business???????

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Bringing back the dead I suppose, but anything new on this front? We're in the process of migrating to the narrow band rules, and will need to phase out a bunch of Minitor II, III and IV (some will go narrow, some won't). For simplicity I was going to just push for more V's, but they have been troublesome, and some of the guys want to try the Watchdog. Anyone have any more experience with these since the thread started?
    In testing, the Minitor IV, III, and V's have had NO degradation in reciever performance or decoding performance when a narrowband signal is injected versus a wideband signal.

Also some companies are offering to refurb those pagers to "narrowband" (not sure what they actually do, as we see no point in paying when the pagers work just fine on narrow in the first place)

But I don't know much - as most departments still are looking to buy all new even if they can't afford it. After all, 30 some years in land mobile radio is not much....

I would be happy to talk to you via pm or email to bbowers@mozarks.com about the pagers you are going to get rid of.

Forum Member
    10825 Burbank Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91601 800-540-5700 Ext 34

We can arrange Demos for our voice Pagers from Apollowireless.com

Feel free to reach out to me at justin@apollowireless.com if you would like to demo.

-Thanks!
    Last edited by Apollo Wireless; 03-19-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Forum Member

There are good alternatives out there and they don't have to be as expensive as a Minitor either! Our WatchDog Pagers are typically 20% less expensive and come with a 5 year warranty that even covers the belt clip and housing. The best way to see if you like our pager is to try it out. We encourage that by offering free demos with no credit card required.

Sorry for the shameless plug but I just want people to explore their options before they settle for the same old same old!

Forum Member

I would highly recommend staying away from Watchdog pagers. Myself and the chief demo'ed a Watchdog for a month. We liked that they took AAA batteries and that you could actually store pages on the unit until you deleted. So we purchased 6 pagers. After we received them we had nothing but problems. The main compalint was not receiveing pages and the salesman said they were drifting off. They would reset them and they would drift again. When i asked about a returning them we were out of luck since it was after 30 days. The pagers were under 6 months old and sit in a box and we replaced them with Minitor V's from another dealer. If anyone likes watchdog pagers let me know. I'm sure we could work a deal out on the one's we have.

Forum Member

Default Swissphone

I would highly recommend doing the 30 day demo with Swissphone. The pagers are known for their Swiss quality and use one Nimh AA battery which allows you to throw in an alkaline battery if you forget to charge the Nimh. You can sign up for the demo at www.swissphone.com

Forum Member
    10825 Burbank Blvd North Hollywood, CA 91601 800-540-5700 Ext 34

Mention this ad, and Ill give you a free 5 Year Warranty with Purchase of our Apollo VP200. Although Very similar looking to the Minitor V. We made some rapid improvements to our units. Offering right off the bat 8 Minutes of Stored voice (NO UPGRADE FEE) supports dual Frequency, and up to 12 Tone sets, our Pagers are designed to transition you off the Minitor V with improved reliability and at an average of $150.00 less expensive then any other competing pager on the market.

Or even better, trying out our VP101 Single channel units that have 2 minutes stored voice, smaller and rugged in size that handle up to 6 tone sets at even more of a discounted price.

We are more then happy to send out a demo 30 - 45 days - 60 for all we care. We want you to be aware of how high quality and Cost effective our units are.

Upon Demo, At your request we will also send over a programming cradle, so you can fully customize and be aware of all the features our units have to offer before purchasing.

We are a paging company with the most paging products then any other competitor on the market, trust a company that has more to offer then a handful of products. See why many Choose Apollo Wireless!

Here is my contact information

Justin Leckie
    Digital Paging Company
    justin@apollowireless.com
    602-531-8087 (Direct)
    www.apollopagers.com

Forum Member

Has anyone tried the new Unication G1 pagers?

http://www.uni.com.tw/g1_voice_pager.html

MembersZone Subscriber

I am also looking for feedback on the G1. We have a mutual dept. that has tried one for time, then bought five of them. They have not had them very long though so was looking for more information myself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by koechler View Post
    Hi npfd801,

Have you demoed the RE729 or the RE729 VoX? The RE729 has technically been around for some time, and was a huge hit in terms of durability, portability, size and reception sensitivity. Firefighters were not used to the way the pager operated, though Ė changing profiles or changing the volume required looking at the screen. We listened to feedback and the result is the all-new RE729 VoX. The feedback so far has been very promising. You can check it out here: http://www.swissphone.com/product/re...x-30-day-demo/

If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

If you are looking for alternatives:
    Apollo, Watchdog, US Alert, Tribute 911 (I think they went broke). To be honest though, I would stick with the Minitor V if you dont go with us. If you want to know why, you can shoot me a PM.

Best regards,
    Michael
    I tried to send you a PM but could not get it to work. We are currently using Minitor V pagers, a mutual aid dept. with us just purchased five new Unication G1 units. We are thinking about getting away from the MinitorV as they stop working. I am curious as to why you said if you don't go with the Swissphone you would suggest staying with the Minitor V. You can email me at movillevfd@wiatel.net.
    Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JSMV72 View Post
    I am curious as to why you said if you don't go with the Swissphone you would suggest staying with the Minitor V.
    If he has a good reason it should be posted here for all to read.

Because you asked for opinions I'm happy to oblige with my (obviously biased) opinion:

G1 Pros - Lots of programmable options, many channels and banks, rugged, low band
    G1 Cons - Huge pager (HUGE!), Very complicated to operate and program, poor warranty service and support

Unication is the same company that manufactured the Minitor V for Motorola (and they're not manufacturing the 6). I would expect the same types of issues with service that you may have had with the Min5.

If you want to consider the WatchDog LT as a straight M5 alternative please message me. We provide demos.

Pete

Thread Information