Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default What to do in this situation?

A neighboring department's chief has asked me to write a grant for them this year for a new tanker. The problem I have ran into is that the member of their department that has done their past grant writing is refusing to give me the log in information to their previous applications. He is the only person in the department that has the login information. He has told me he doesn't mind me writing the grant because he doesn't have time but if I want to do the grant for their department I will have to start from the beginning without going through their previous apps and login information. Is this possible since all the demographics and DUNS will be the same as previous apps for that department?

Anyone had previous problems like this? What can I do? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Last edited by hfdfiremedic32; 05-05-2010 at 11:19 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anytime I help someone with a grant, it's the narrative only. They are responsible to input the information into the portal. I know some guys will do that, but I don't want the responsibility in case anything's wrong.

That being said, there's been discussions in the past where that information is considered public information and must be released. At the same time, I would think the chief of the department would be able to get that information if he needed it.

It sounds to me like you're doing them a favor and this other guy is playing teritorial BS games to break balls. Talk to whoever in their chain of command is responsible. They should be giving you the information to do this for them.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hfdfiremedic32 View Post
    A neighboring department's chief has asked me to write a grant for them this year for a new tanker. The problem I have ran into is that the member of their department that has done their past grant writing is refusing to give me the log in information to their previous applications. He is the only person in the department that has the login information. He has told me he doesn't mind me writing the grant because he doesn't have time but if I want to do the grant for their department I will have to start from the beginning without going through their previous apps and login information. Is this possible since all the demographics and DUNS will be the same as previous apps for that department?

Anyone had previous problems like this? What can I do? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    After seeing your narratives, of course they want you to do the whole application. Their chances of having you do the whole submission is better for them than if they did it themselves.

Have the chief contact AFG and get the login info. Why not!

(PS you can do my submissions if you want)

Forum Member

The login belongs to the department, not the person. Chief can call Helpdesk and have the password reset and give Chief the username if you don't have at least that. Not the first disgruntled member to pull crap like this so they're used to it. Of course it's easier to threaten the member with several things, someone told me down here that according to the TX law keeping the information like that from the rest of the members can be considered theft from a fire department. Which is a felony and tends to ruin future job applications...

Also if he wrote the grant on the FDís clock than it belongs to the fire department. You donít have time to go through this the legally way before the clock runs out. This kind of thing happens all the time. Like Brian said you need to call the help desk.

Thread Information