Forum Member

Default Firehouse ePCR question.

Hi,
    I am not new to these forums, but am new when it comes to posting a message. I have read through the forums for many years, and have enjoyed just sitting back, and learning from other peoples feedback on certain questions. But now I think it is time for me to ask a question or two.

My department is currently only using a paper form of PCR, but is currently looking into migrating, as the rest of the country is almost there, to an ePCR format. We are currently strongly considering firehouse software to provide ePCR due to some of the other functionalities their software also provides. Can anyone say what the average cost per mobile unit is, and what the upkeep costs are (if any). Also can any current users of the software say what they like/dislike about their software, or recommend another company for ePCR?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-James

MembersZone Subscriber

Can comment about the price side of it, but as a user, it's alright. Like anything, it take a little getting used to, but once you learn where all the required fields are you can breeze through the reports. For a basic BLS report, I can have the whole thing entered in about 15-20 minutes. NFIRS take maybe 5-10 minutes for a minor incident. It can pull a lot of the information from your CAD and have it populate the report automatically.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by james91748 View Post
    Hi,
    I am not new to these forums, but am new when it comes to posting a message. I have read through the forums for many years, and have enjoyed just sitting back, and learning from other peoples feedback on certain questions. But now I think it is time for me to ask a question or two.

My department is currently only using a paper form of PCR, but is currently looking into migrating, as the rest of the country is almost there, to an ePCR format. We are currently strongly considering firehouse software to provide ePCR due to some of the other functionalities their software also provides. Can anyone say what the average cost per mobile unit is, and what the upkeep costs are (if any). Also can any current users of the software say what they like/dislike about their software, or recommend another company for ePCR?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-James
    Check your PM

Forum Member

We just had a presentation a few days ago for the ePCR. We've been on Firehouse Enterprise for a number of years so I don't know if the pricing will be exactly the same.

Price per MDT/ mobile computer (for us anyway) was around $1700 a unit as a one time fee, and then $300 for an annual maintenance fee thereafter.

They also brought in a rugged tablet PC for use as a "clipboard" that was around $3700... Nice capabilities, but too freekin much money.

Since I'll probably be in charge of our change over, I'm going to suggest going with a cheaper netbook tablet like the ASUS T-91. At less than $500, these are almost disposable compared to a toughbook tablet. The other option is to use the same toughbook/MDT that you potentially already have in your rig.

Let me know if you need any info on my hardware setup or I can help with Firehouse at all.

MembersZone Subscriber

all i ask is that there is all the bugs worked out, training is thourough, and you have the dispatch info sync'd with the epcr when you impliment it.
    here, they jammed it on us without these things and it is a difficult report for us. i can get reports done in a 10 minute transport but luckily we run 3 man med units and i don't typically put my hands on the patients. and i won't see the pt's due to my nose in the toughbook the whole time.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Thread Information