Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ColmaFireSean View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I was not aware that the P25 is not a mandate, but I appreciate the heads up. I know that our radios are not capable reprogramming for Narrowbanding (based on my logistic officers info) but I will post what we have to get confirmation.

Since I take it no one has any narratives to share, any thoughts or creative juices to help my argument in the narrative?

Thank you again
    Sean
    Sean: post your email address and I will send you my communication grant narrative. It got awarded in the first round this year. You need to find out what your state plan is so you will know what to ask for. True you are not mandated to switch to P-25 just NB but if you use AFG funds to replace your radios then you will have to buy P-25 but check with your states plan first.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Sean: post your email address and I will send you my communication grant narrative. It got awarded in the first round this year. You need to find out what your state plan is so you will know what to ask for. True you are not mandated to switch to P-25 just NB but if you use AFG funds to replace your radios then you will have to buy P-25 but check with your states plan first.
    You only have to buy P-25 if your states comm plan requires it . Many did not buy into the salesmen's hype. then there were many government cubicle rats that didn't know the difference between a radio and an X-box , but just relied on what some sales pitchman told them they had to have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColmaFireSean View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I was not aware that the P25 is not a mandate, but I appreciate the heads up. I know that our radios are not capable reprogramming for Narrowbanding (based on my logistic officers info) but I will post what we have to get confirmation.

Since I take it no one has any narratives to share, any thoughts or creative juices to help my argument in the narrative?

Thank you again
    Sean
    Sean,

I am only too happy to share my regional comm app that was awarded, but I need somewhere to send it.

I didn't see a contact on your profile.

You can send me an email and I'll attach to it. jam24u@windstream.net

Forum Member

...but if you use AFG funds to replace your radios then you will have to buy P-25 but check with your states plan first.
    I know it's been covered, but it probably can't be stressed enough. There are two peices of misinformation out there, here is what I believe is brief but correct information:

1. There is no mandate to move to digital or P25 as part of the Narrowbanding mandate.

2. It is not mandatory to purchase P25 capable equipment as part of the AFG awards. (you do need to comply with your state SCIP which may or may not require certain things).

Forum Member

dfd, can you send me a copy of the narrative? I am done mine but could use a winning one to match up against it. Any last minute help would be great.

firefightersink@comcast.net

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information