Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Default They'll let anyone in here........

Had lunch today with the Chiefengineer and some crazed italian who sells german firetrucks. He shows up with his toy; I didn't know whether to attack, sing an opera, lose the war, eat some garlic, make a pot of ragu or some sauerkraut, put on my lederhosen.....or what?????????

I did get blessed enough to drive the toy.....Seems like a good machine...for what I have no idea. But we did have a fine lunch; unfortunately I had to depart early as I had fire inspection appointments already made. But I know Dad and Tony stuck around and swapped lies for a few minutes. Later in the afternoon, I got a phone call from the local police wanting to know if I knew anything about some crazy firetruck that was drag racing up main street with empty Jagermeister bottles falling out the back........Lunch was great, let's do it again!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Had lunch today with the Chiefengineer and some crazed italian who sells german firetrucks. He shows up with his toy; I didn't know whether to attack, sing an opera, lose the war, eat some garlic, make a pot of ragu or some sauerkraut, put on my lederhosen.....or what?????????

I did get blessed enough to drive the toy.....Seems like a good machine...for what I have no idea. But we did have a fine lunch; unfortunately I had to depart early as I had fire inspection appointments already made. But I know Dad and Tony stuck around and swapped lies for a few minutes. Later in the afternoon, I got a phone call from the local police wanting to know if I knew anything about some crazy firetruck that was drag racing up main street with empty Jagermeister bottles falling out the back........Lunch was great, let's do it again!!!!!!
    Who's who?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Chiefengineer11 is on the right, redbaron on the left.

You guys rate better than I do, I keep suggesting that I'll buy a meal for Tony if he's coming through the area, but I must not rate high enough. Heck, Sam comes through enough I should make the effort to run south a bit and see him too.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Chiefengineer11 is on the right, redbaron on the left.

You guys rate better than I do, I keep suggesting that I'll buy a meal for Tony if he's coming through the area, but I must not rate high enough. Heck, Sam comes through enough I should make the effort to run south a bit and see him too.
    As in this past Monday evening, in the wind and rain!

Forum Member

Well Buff,HAD you hung around and been NICE,Ol' tony would SHOW you what that tool will do. IN FACT he would have gone head to head with YOUR favorite Ladder Truck............AND kicked YOUR AZZ. BUT alas,maybe another day, Glad the BRAINS got to spend some time,BOTH those guys are pretty good storytellers. Wish I was there,T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    As in this past Monday evening, in the wind and rain!
    Monday's kill me Sam. Had a fantastic live burn drill though at Rockford's tower. Sometimes just going out and playing with fire and dragging dummies out is what our crews need...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Well Buff,HAD you hung around and been NICE,Ol' tony would SHOW you what that tool will do.
    Been there, seen it, heard the pitch, flown in the shopping cart. It's a fine machine, but again, I am just not convinced it's for the American fire service, and I am CERTAINLY not ready to give up my complement of ground ladders in favor of the technology. I do have to admit that the wheel base was nice, she turned real tight, but then again, so would a tiller, that also has my full complement of ladders!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    Monday's kill me Sam. Had a fantastic live burn drill though at Rockford's tower. Sometimes just going out and playing with fire and dragging dummies out is what our crews need...
    In the wind and the rain?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Well Buff,HAD you hung around and been NICE,Ol' tony would SHOW you what that tool will do. IN FACT he would have gone head to head with YOUR favorite Ladder Truck............AND kicked YOUR AZZ. BUT alas,maybe another day, Glad the BRAINS got to spend some time,BOTH those guys are pretty good storytellers. Wish I was there,T.C.
    BTW, How come there isn't a Metz backed into the bay in Bridgeton, Maine?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hey T.C. my Northern Mexico Amigo.

I had Mapquest and my GPS. Didn't need either one. I knew I was in the right place when I turned the corner on Main St. and saw a car with 250' of ground ladders on board. I knew that had to be "Son of Sam".
    METZ AERIALS: "SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN USE THEM"

Forum Member

Default Nice!!!!

Good one Tony.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    In the wind and the rain?
    It was a tad windy, and it didn't start to rain until we were cleaning up. Plenty warm in the burn room so no one could whine about being cold.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I had Mapquest and my GPS. Didn't need either one. I knew I was in the right place when I turned the corner on Main St. and saw a car with 250' of ground ladders on board. I knew that had to be "Son of Sam".

Forum Member

Exclamation

Looks like both have had their share of the macron and gravy!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Red Baron, is that the Mini Ladder in Stockholm Old Town? Neat little buggy, Basically a Bobcat with a 65' Stick

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    BTW, How come there isn't a Metz backed into the bay in Bridgeton, Maine?
    There WOULD have been,if the one they PRESENTED wasn't 180* from OUR Spec. I had the same amount of ladders specced on the Metz. I STILL got a nice rig out of it. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Truck 3

That's the one, have you seen them operate it? It's hard to see them but there are 600' of ground ladders on board!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Member

Do they actually have to respond to fires in that thing? or is towed on a trailer to the scene?

Dont see a Q on it?

Forum Member

awesome !!!!!!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ledebuhr1 View Post
    Do they actually have to respond to fires in that thing? or is towed on a trailer to the scene?

Dont see a Q on it?
    Contractors also use it for small excavations and landscaping

Forum Member

I wonder what attachements you can get for that skid steer. For instance, perhaps a hydraulic hammer for forcible entry. Or a Harley rake to turn over and re-seed the lawn in front of the firehouse. Hey, you could even take it around to the city parks, as some on here would have us do in all of our "spare" time, to help maintain the parks. You could get a sweeper attachment, clean up the streets of the speedi-dry after an MVA. Man, oh man, think of the possibilities!
    Leroy140 Fairfield, CT Local 1426

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    That's the one, have you seen them operate it? It's hard to see them but there are 600' of ground ladders on board!
    Can these be spec'd with a waterway??

Just curious!!

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

Yeah, Pretty neat setup. There is no turntable the whole unit does a neutral steer. Hydro jacks. The Kid I talked to said they were getting another one and this one was going to be sent to another station. The rig is carried on a roll back and transported to the scene. They run like the Brits and the whole station goes. Typical set up includes two (2) Pumps and a special appliance, Rescue, Turntable ladder or Platform. Tankers or Tenders if you swing that way on the outlying stations. It is one of a kind in Old Town. Looking at the streets, it is a unique solution to their access problem. Thanks for the pics, didn't have my camera with me when I ran into them. I was at the Naval Museum when they went by on the way to the park.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Can these be spec'd with a waterway??

Just curious!!

FM1
    No, but you can get the rockhound, pier auger, backhoe, or a push blade.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The clown division runneth over!!!

Leroy, you silly boy, we can't put that kind of equipment on there but notice in the one picture we do have the stuff the boys from Fairfield can handle. Notice the guy laid back in the recliner with the TV in front of him!!!!

Ladder pipe is no problem, 400gpm.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information