Forum Member

Default Hi there from Europe!

Hi there!

My name is Mike, 22 years old and I'm a firefighter in Oss, the Netherlands, Europe. I've been a volunteer firefighter for about 5 years now at one of the two departments the city I live in has.

For some reason, I've always been intrigued by firefighting abroad. Mainly when it comes to firefighting in the US. Not many firefighters across the "big pond" know that firefighting over here is a lot different from firefighting there. It's interesting to compare methods, techniques, tools, gear, etc.

Anyway, I've been reading a bit on this forum for quite a while now and decided it might be a good idea to join for further questions and information and learn how our work can be done in possible other ways!

Thanks for this great source of information! Keep up the good work!

Stay safe!
    Last edited by Fl4m3s112; 05-17-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fl4m3s112 View Post
    Hi there!

My name is Mike, 22 years old and I'm a firefighter in Oss, the Netherlands, Europe. I've been a volunteer firefighter for about 5 years now at one of the two departments the city I live in has.

For some reason, I've always been intrigued by firefighting abroad. Mainly when it comes to firefighting in the US. Not many firefighters across the "big pond" know that firefighting over here is a lot different from firefighting there. It's interesting to compare methods, techniques, tools, gear, etc.

Anyway, I've been reading a bit on this forum for quite a while now and decided it might be a good idea to join for further questions and information and learn how our work can be done in possible other ways!

Thanks for this great source of information! Keep up the good work!

Stay safe!
    Welcome Mike.
    Always love volunteers here. Career too. I guess the most important factor is not whether your career or volunteer, but whether your untrained or trained. European, Russian, Chinese or Martian, brothers all.

When you notice a different procedure that you have and think we would be interested, tell us. I for one would like to know.

Forum Member

Hey Mike, nice to meet ya!

Thread Information