Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Need Help.

Forum Member

Default Need Help.

I have to write a report and I scheduled an interview on Friday at my local firestation and right at the begenning they had a call and left.I am currently going to school and have a full time job that I cant lose. Me and my family are going thru an eviction and I can't afford to take a day off and lose my job in order to schedule another interview.
    I worked the entire weekend and the report is due on wednesday. If anyone can answer these questions it would be awesome! If not then its cool I know we all live busy lives. I would prefer someone in Cali (but anyone is ok) with around 5yrs or less of service.
    1.Whats is you daily work schedule and routine?
    2.What are the department's expectations of a recruit firefighter?
    3.What were the steps you took to prepare yourself for a fire service career?
    4.What do you like best about your job?
    5.What do you like least about your job?
    6.Is the job different than what you expected before being hired? If so, how?
    7.Can you tell me a little about the station like what eqipment and how many personell are assigned to the station?
    8.What city it serves?
    9.Your name(if you dont mind but it cools if you want don't want to give it to a stranger) time on the job and rank?

Optional for someone with close to 20 yrs of service or more
    1.What have been some of the major changes to the fire service since you bacame a firefighter?
    2.What do you see as the major issues and challenges for the fire service in the future?

If anyone answers(hopefully) please send the reply to avalosedgar74@yahoo.com

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gtboostedaudi View Post
    I have to write a report and I scheduled an interview on Friday at my local firestation and right at the begenning they had a call and left.I am currently going to school and have a full time job that I cant lose. Me and my family are going thru an eviction and I can't afford to take a day off and lose my job in order to schedule another interview.
    I worked the entire weekend and the report is due on wednesday. If anyone can answer these questions it would be awesome! If not then its cool I know we all live busy lives. I would prefer someone in Cali (but anyone is ok) with around 5yrs or less of service.
    1.Whats is you daily work schedule and routine?
    2.What are the department's expectations of a recruit firefighter?
    3.What were the steps you took to prepare yourself for a fire service career?
    4.What do you like best about your job?
    5.What do you like least about your job?
    6.Is the job different than what you expected before being hired? If so, how?
    7.Can you tell me a little about the station like what eqipment and how many personell are assigned to the station?
    8.What city it serves?
    9.Your name(if you dont mind but it cools if you want don't want to give it to a stranger) time on the job and rank?

Optional for someone with close to 20 yrs of service or more
    1.What have been some of the major changes to the fire service since you bacame a firefighter?
    2.What do you see as the major issues and challenges for the fire service in the future?

If anyone answers(hopefully) please send the reply to avalosedgar74@yahoo.com

First post and you are asking for a lot of information........
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I know but its a difficult situation for me. In all it should take someone about 10 to 15 mins to reply.

Forum Member

Please anyone?

Forum Member

come on....help me out. just got my lunch break and I was hoping for a reply...I guess not

Forum Member

You can alos call the main fire office and someone should also be answer your questions

Different departments have different work hours, some work 24 hours on and 48 hours off, others work a variety of different schedules.

expectations are to learn as much as you can, do what you are told, be part of the team, take care of yourself, others, and department.

It depends on the department you are working for, for volunteer somtimes they train you, some full time departments do all the training, some departments you have to go through a fire academy, and EMT program before they will let you apply. then once you apply you normally have to take a written test, physical agility test, and a series of interviews, to see if the department feels you are a fit.

helping others

being away at night and holidays if you have a family

at lot of people do not know the many different jobs a firefighter does, besides responding to fire and medical incidents, there is required continous training, maintating fire equipment, and the station, public education duties, and other little stuff that is given to the FD

Major changes

do not run into an incident as fast as use to, take the time to assess dangers before entering, training has improves alot.

Issues: cost of personnel, and looking harder at what they do every day, keeping current with technology

Thread Information