Forum Member

Default Max 19000 characters,, except....?

I CCP my narrative into the online application. When I continued the system said that I had exceeded the 19000 character limit. When I had reviewed the narrative it came out to 18,901 and when I 'cut and copied' from the online narrative window and pasted into window office, it still said 18,901 characters. So the AFG is adding something. Is it from the bullet points?

The application system does not tell me how many characters I am over.

Am I just missing the obvious, again? Yes, I know its ridonculous to submit a narrative that long.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I CCP my narrative into the online application. When I continued the system said that I had exceeded the 19000 character limit. When I had reviewed the narrative it came out to 18,901 and when I 'cut and copied' from the online narrative window and pasted into window office, it still said 18,901 characters. So the AFG is adding something. Is it from the bullet points?

Am I just missing the obvious, again? Yes, I know its ridonculous to submit a narrative that long.
    My narrative came in at 18,827 in the word processor and that showed zero characters remaining in the application. It allowed more last year but was still under 19,000.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post

Please tell me that the software, server, SCG, safer, “and what have I missed” is not started down that road again this year.
    Jim should I ask for the cost for physicals in my FV app.? And do I ask for the whole department or just the ones that will be driving the apparatus? I can get the Doctor that is in the department to do them for free, I think, but if AFG will pay I would like to get him something. He takes care of our HBV stuff for nothing but the other things like blood work & EKG will still cost us. If I ask what is a round number to ask for per person?

MembersZone Subscriber

thought I read not to use bullet points

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Please tell me that the software, server, SCG, safer, “and what have I missed” is not started down that road again this year.
    Jim should I ask for the cost for physicals in my FV app.? And do I ask for the whole department or just the ones that will be driving the apparatus? I can get the Doctor that is in the department to do them for free, I think, but if AFG will pay I would like to get him something. He takes care of our HBV stuff for nothing but the other things like blood work & EKG will still cost us. If I ask what is a round number to ask for per person?
    As far as the number of physicals is concerned, I would take a hard look at who is driving your apparatus and how your membership is referred to in the narrative. Do you list jr FF's and count them as part of the whole? If you directly referr in the narrative how you came to your numbers, then you have addressed it. I would do that no matter what then you do not have to worry about it. They can still reduce it. Remember they want you 100% compliant. But if you have a couple support members who are over 65 that don't drive, then you can figure it out from there. I would figure as the grant writer you would make a good appraisal of your future oeprators. Besides it is always better to shoot high than too low. Excess funds here you come.

P.S. If you town government is the ruling authority, they should begin shouldering the load as far as liabilities are concerned. It is to their advantage as well and you have already taken a big share of the expense off them. Just in case that is.

Thread Information