Forum Member

Default AFG 2010 Application Question

"* How many vehicles does your organization have in each of the types or class of vehicle listed below? You must include vehicles that are leased or on long-term loan as well as any vehicles that have been ordered or otherwise currently under contract for purchase or lease by your organization but not yet in your possession. (Enter numbers only and enter 0 if you do not have any of the vehicles below.) "

We were awarded a pumper 2 weeks ago. Do we need to claim this even though we have not contracted with anyone (or even gone to bid)?

If yes to above, do i remove the vehicle being replaced under the 2009 award?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCCFire09 View Post
    "* How many vehicles does your organization have in each of the types or class of vehicle listed below? You must include vehicles that are leased or on long-term loan as well as any vehicles that have been ordered or otherwise currently under contract for purchase or lease by your organization but not yet in your possession. (Enter numbers only and enter 0 if you do not have any of the vehicles below.) "

We were awarded a pumper 2 weeks ago. Do we need to claim this even though we have not contracted with anyone (or even gone to bid)?

If yes to above, do i remove the vehicle being replaced under the 2009 award?
    I would say No! The extreme delays in the 09 program has got to have some advantage for someone. I'm still sticking with NO. Just going with what you have written above, and if you have not sent out any bids with specifications. The new vehcile will be covered further in the application when they ask what awards you have received.

Why not just ask the Help desk? Then come back here and tell us their response.

Forum Member

Talking

Definatly call the help desk.
    They know you have been awarded a new pumper ,even if technically you haven't gone out to bid on the truck ,it is funded.

In my opinion to not tell them about it would seem like you're trying to misrepresent the facts .

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I would say No! The extreme delays in the 09 program has got to have some advantage for someone. I'm still sticking with NO. Just going with what you have written above, and if you have not sent out any bids with specifications. The new vehcile will be covered further in the application when they ask what awards you have received.

Why not just ask the Help desk? Then come back here and tell us their response.
    Ok Jim; I have to ask. Long time no sea? While you are at it I am trying my best to get rid of this rural status that AFG has our department listed. The reason is we cover a large land area around the east side of the lake that is not in the city limits. They donít want to be in the city limits. They donít want to pay city taxes and they donít donate anything but yet they want us to cover them so they can get an ISO class 5. We are just too dam good hearted and it is killing us on ISO and I canít apply for the same equipment as urban departments can. Meaning a new aerial platform that we really need replaced before one of those nice big plastic plants burns. Well I guess we could apply ďbut you ant gennin itĒ Sorry about the language guys it just ticks me off. Do you have to claim them if they are not part of the city were the city pays for our entire budget from city funds. We do take the calls down there but it is not another department close. Someone please tell me what I want to hear before medstudent has to come and give me CPR.

Thread Information