Thread: ITT or Dyncorp?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ITT or Dyncorp?

I was offered a position with ITT and Dyncorp in Afghanistan. I have been overseas in the middle east for the past two years and I know a little about all the companies but, I do not know alot about these two.
    I am open for comments.
    Last edited by firestartarter; 05-20-2010 at 12:34 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firestartarter View Post
    I was offered a position with ITT and Dyncorp in Afghanistan. I have been overseas in the middle east for the past two years and I know a little about all the companies but, I do not know alot about these two.
    I am open for comments.
    What are they offering for pay if you don't mind? I've looked into both and cannot find anything? I haven't heard much about either company. I know a guy working for one, but he hasn't given me any feedback.

MembersZone Subscriber

where is the information regarding firefighting on the ITT website?

Forum Member

itt pays pretty good more than WSI I was told. I am trying myself.

Forum Member

http://sh.webhire.com/public/591/

put fire in for keyword

Forum Member

Hey I found this little thing on Dyncorp firefighting for afghanistan. http://www.dodfire.com/JOBS/AFG_FF.pdf

Forum Member

Had a call yesterday from ITT through a Dynacorp recruiter calling from Dubait, she offered me 99k, not to much for a crew chief position in afganisthan...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Job offer from ITT through a Dyncorp recruiter?

Please be very careful that does not sound on the up and up. Yes Dyncorp and ITT are working in Afghanistan but, they are not connected. I have a friend that works with Fluor and ITT is subcontracted by Flour but, when I mentioned Dyncorp's name in a email I was told not to do that anymore. Dyncorp is the competition! Just fyi!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firestartarter View Post
    Please be very careful that does not sound on the up and up. Yes Dyncorp and ITT are working in Afghanistan but, they are not connected. I have a friend that works with Fluor and ITT is subcontracted by Flour but, when I mentioned Dyncorp's name in a email I was told not to do that anymore. Dyncorp is the competition! Just fyi!

here it is:
    Dear Mr XXXXX,
    The total compensation for this role is in the range of $99000/annum along with benefits like accommodation, transportation, food, yearly tickets ,medical and others.
    I would really appreciate it if you can send me your security code no. so that the hiring authorities in Texas can start on the verification procedures.

Best Regards
    Sarika Raghavan
    Technical Recruiter

Shatha Tower 20th Floor
    Po Box 500367
    Dubai Mediacity ,UAE

MembersZone Subscriber

This really sounds fishy.

If you are not doing business with people who have stateside phone numbers, or dyn-corp intl as their email address, then you are being hosed.

Read the threads, you see the names we have been dealing with, you see the info.

Security code number?? Are they asking for your Social security #?
    Last edited by AKflightmedic; 07-12-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AKflightmedic View Post
    This really sounds fishy.

If you are not doing business with people who have stateside phone numbers, or dyn-corp intl as their email address, then you are being hosed.

Read the threads, you see the names we have been dealing with, you see the info.
    maybe the fact that I come from europe would affect the recruiting system... not sure
    have to ask, īcause if a regular ff is making out up to 130k how is that they are offering me just 99k for cc... doesnt sound in the up and up,
    any clues? regards.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firebell View Post
    maybe the fact that I come from europe would affect the recruiting system... not sure
    have to ask, īcause if a regular ff is making out up to 130k how is that they are offering me just 99k for cc... doesnt sound in the up and up,
    any clues? regards.
    no doubt about that, I checked with my american buddies and we all came up with the same interpretation: they are hiring non u.s. firefighter for a much cheaper price!
    if it results to be true it would feel to me like starting a flame...
    regards
    Last edited by firebell; 07-12-2010 at 06:15 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was going to ask if you were foreign but declined since the email asked about TX standards.

Flame away, it will not change anything, that is simply the nature of contracting.

Forum Member

thatīs right dude, thanks anyway. I still donīt know what I will do, I have a permanent contractor fire job in europe so I would not like putting it in jeopardy for something that doesnīt smell well from the very beginning even for 99k.

Forum Member

firebell,

I hear your in Europe. Can you say what department you work for. I know only about VBR, Moron, and KBR, Kosovo and SERCO Gibraltar, and maybe NATO Fire Department in Germany. I hear Army contracts are starting up soon for Romania and Bulgaria, but nobody has any information.

Are there any other contract fire departments in Europe, I am trying to get out that way, completing my second contract here in the Middle East and looking for a complete change of scenery.

If you wouldnt mind sharing the 411 on some european jobs that would be awesome thank you.....

Forum Member

there is one more in rota navy base, whatīs a 411?

Forum Member

411? information former number I supouse..., as far as I know there will be open positions in august with vbr in moron, I heard they won the contract over afs
    Last edited by firebell; 07-12-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Thread Information